When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bell&Ross BR03-92 Rep Limited Edition

sulone88

I just received my B&R from KING. I got the BR03-92 42mm PVD white face with rubber strap. For what ever reason my white face came with the "LIMITED EDITION" on the dial. I know the white faced gen does not have this but the orange/blue faces do. So I guess I got the LIMITED EDITION replica lol. I know some you here would probally send it back because it doesn't have the correct gen marking but I love it. Like many others have said this watch is a instument. It has a nice heavy feel and slight AR. Yup, its got lume :D .Here are some pics. I'll try to take some better pics using Pugwashs techiniques.

BR1.jpg

BR2.jpg

BR3.jpg

RR4.jpg

BR5.jpg

Outstanding! I have the same watch on order from PureTime. I think your watch could be worth some extra $ like a coin that has a extra letter from the mint. It somehow passed the US mint inspectors and is known to be rare. It really is a limited edition. I was just about to stop buying reps but the minute I saw pics of this Bell & Ross on the Replica Forums I dove in. This watch is so different from anything out there.

Enjoy the watch,

Steve

I saw some lume shots on another Replica Forum. It appears this model (white hands on white indexes is fine). The Blue hands and Orange hands model has little if any lume. I hope to get my watch (same one as in this review) in the next 3-5 days. It was just mailed to me on Monday. I am pretty objective with my reviews even with the excitement of a new watch. So far the only rep that is still working and in great shape is the $ 180 Rolex sub. The Planet Ocean 45mm lost its indexes "fell off the face" and the Breitling steelfish ETA movemenn stops on it own occasionaly and then starts so you are never really confident of the time. I suggest using Quartz movements if possible as they are reliable. If this watch proves to be reliable I will buy more reps. If not I will have to refrain from more watch purposes.

Steve

Have this same model (nylon band) and love it. Downsides: doesn't stay wound on the winder, and the crown is a bit quirky, sometimes changing the date wheel when trying to wind, other times not. But so far she keeps on ticking and telling the time. Definitely has lume, although nothing jaw dropping. The hands glow blue and markers white; only really noticeable in a very dark room. Great weight, solid feel and one of my few watches that actually gets compliments. Love it.

I thought I share with you some AR shots ogf the B&R 42mm. It's single side coated, but really strong compared to most reps. As for the lume it's prety poor. I am only able to see it in a pitch black room and it doesn't last long. It will need to be relumed. Enjoy!

BRAR1.jpg

BRARclose.jpg

savingBR.jpg

I'm waiting for a reply back from one of my trusted dealer to say if he can get me one of these beauts, I tried a 46mm one on yesterday and it was probably a little too big, (certainly in the stainless steel version anyway), the black case I could of lived with but I'm wanting the 42mm version as it should be a perfect fit.

On a slightly different note I ordered a Bell and Ross catalogue the other day and it should be here any day now, cant wait.

Mine should be diverd to my home today. My only concern is the movement. I really would like a quartz movement for reliability and the fact you don't have to wind it if you don't wear it everyday. Most of the Replica Automatics I have gotton are either not very accurate or may stop on their own. I am crossing my fingers.

Are you using a watch winder for your automatic reps? if you are not, go to ebay and check out some of the ones on there. it will be worth it for you in the end to have one for your automatic rep collection.

I got the watch a few hours ago. It is the Bell and Ross PVD White hands with Rubber stap.

The Rubber strap is well made but is too small. I had to use the last hole in the rubber strap to get it to fit and it still is a bit snug. I used the two included tools to remove the rubber stap and install my MARATEC Nylon two piece 24mm strap. Perfect fit. I wish the rubber strap that came with the watch was longer as it looked nicer looking than the Maratec.

The watch uses a Asian 28,800 beat per minute movement and I have not had the watch long enough to comment on its accuracy. However, to change the time and date the mechanism inside is not as precise as my other watches. If you try to change the time you might change the date and vice versa. So far 2 hours later it seem to be working. The watch looks and feel just the orignial to me except it says "limited edition" on the dial. I am more concerned witht he watch being reliable and not falling appart. n hindsight I think this rubber strap may be a perfect fit for the 26mm watch as it would not be sucha tight fit (extra 3 mm). The maratec fits perfect and is comfortable.

Steve

A gorgeous watch indeed.

As far as I know, the gen BR03-92 Limited Edition only comes in orange, not blue.

Don't worry about the color, as the screws (mis)placement on the dial does not make for a 100% rep anyway. And it is a great watch anyway.

What do you guys think of the Bell&Ross 03-94 that is being offered with Quartz Chrono movement by PerfectClones.

I surely would not go for a quartz movement when the gen is mech.

But this might be just a personal dislike as well.

Don't worry about the color, as the screws (mis)placement on the dial does not make for a 100% rep anyway.

I don't know...I don't think the dial screws are a very telling flaw. (Here's a side-by-side of Paul's version and a gen.)

I'd be more concerned about the lume, fonts, date window position, movement quality, case thickness, and pvd quality.

...But none of that is going to stop me from buying one.

Now THIS is an impulse I'd find hard to resist, like a big red button that says' 'DO NOT PRESS!' ^_^

picture6aq6.png

Must admit if I had the spare cash just burning a hole in my pocket right now (as opposed to being earmarked for other projects), I'd be tempted to go for the blue 42mm version possibly the chrono if exists in the smaller size, on rubber strap.

Have a rare AD near me, and the design intrigues me even if it's got the look of a bedside alarm clock strapped to a belt :lol:

But that's a reason not to buy gen, as I think this is one design (the Instrument series not B&R per se) that won't stand the test of time.

Now THIS is an impulse I'd find hard to resist, like a big red button that says' 'DO NOT PRESS!' ^_^

picture6aq6.png

I'm the same way...That's the first screw I'd be going for ;) It's supposed to cover the stem release button on the gen, but who knows what it lines up with on the rep?

Have a rare AD near me, and the design intrigues me even if it's got the look of a bedside alarm clock strapped to a belt :lol:

But that's a reason not to buy gen, as I think this is one design (the Instrument series not B&R per se) that won't stand the test of time.

Totally agree. This is a fashion watch, and the gen wouldn't make my Top-50 list...But at the price of a rep, I find it irresistible.

I don't know...I don't think the dial screws are a very telling flaw. (Here's a side-by-side of Paul's version and a gen.)

I'd be more concerned about the lume, fonts, date window position, movement quality, case thickness, and pvd quality.

To each his own, I suppose. Personally, I find the screws (and the related short minute marks) the easiest way to tell a rep.

BTW, the only BR reps coming with correct screws and marks seem to be the PR models -- unfortunately coming with incorrect PR gauges as well :(

...But none of that is going to stop me from buying one.
Agree.

I find I have to use the ast hole or end to last hole on the Rubber baand. It appears to be aone inch shorter than all my other divers. ANyone have the Nylone strap and can comment if it fits fine oro is a bit on the short side. I have average size writsts and have never had a watch set to the last or second to last hole in a rubber leather strap.

A price of around $190,- isn't a lot for a good quality watch, but from what i read about this one i'd say a price of around $100 - $125 would be more justified. Let's face it...

- dial with quite some inaccuracies like wrong placed screws

- wrong placed datewindow

- limited edition while it isn't a LE

- case is slightly too thick

- case finish doesn't look as sharp as the gen

- cheap asian movement that feels wobbly while adjusting date/time

- lume is wrong (blue lume on hands, green lume on dial)

Of course i could whine about the not real PVD but i think good PVD is never found on any replica... unfortunately.

Personally i think it is still overpriced and i am amazed nobody complains about it... or are we already completely used to the overprized cartell prizes... around $200 for a cheap asian version and around $300 - $350 for a swiss or A7750 version. Common guys... this is an overprized watch!

I like this watch but it should cost no more than $125 or have a better dial, better lume or at leats all C3 lume, better finished case, swiss ETA movement... than a price of around $225 would be justified IMHO.