When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So the ceramic bezels have pushed the HBB up $$

KB

What an over-hyped watch man. Isn't the whole point of this website to protect people from paying $800 for a rep?

I've got a GZ supplier offering me HBB's for $370 / $185 or $390 / $210 for rose gold. Pics of the product look spot on too. I haven't ordered from the guy, I don't know the facts about the ceramic bezels, but i'm pretty certain people are being gouged on BB's.

DSCN3599.jpg

3-1.jpg

HB005.jpg

What an over-hyped watch man. Isn't the whole point of this website to protect people from paying $800 for a rep?

I've got a GZ supplier offering me HBB's for $370 / $185 or $390 / $210 for rose gold. Pics of the product look spot on too. I haven't ordered from the guy, I don't know the facts about the ceramic bezels, but i'm pretty certain people are being gouged on BB's.

At that price, do you fancy telling us your source?

wow thats rediculous. Im sure they are making a HUGE profit off these because of their popularity right now. I also thought this website was to inform and protect people againt scammers. Anyone who pays $900 for these with the ASIAN 7750 is crazy IMHO :crazy:

Maybe i am wrong because i have never seen one in real life. Are they really THAT good? Even the BCE with swiss ETA7750 is cheaper than the Asian HBB

Lonnie

wow thats rediculous. Im sure they are making a HUGE profit off these because of their popularity right now. I also thought this website was to inform and protect people againt scammers. Anyone who pays $900 for these with the ASIAN 7750 is crazy IMHO :crazy:

Ummm...

I believe that's exactly what this Thread and others like it are doing...

Protecting through information...

As far as the Scammers comment goes...

Can't say that's the case...

If folks don't buy it at the advertised price, the price will drop...

Dealers here will only charge what they can get away with...

Informed customers is the key...

TT

law of economics, my friends...surely if we don't buy; that's probably a fraction of the dealer's customers. now, if the demand of this product dropped by an overwhelming majority, then we could expect the price to be lowered.

Remember when the Cousteau was offered for darn near $800? FOR AN ASIAN 7750??!?!?!?

I'd pay $800 if there were a 2-year warranty attached, though. :huh:

I would rather send it to Ziggy from the get go and have him service it properly and also with Ziggy you pay a very "fair' price for servicing.. as soon as I can my cousteau is going to him for day date alignment and general service.. since, as his review stated the movement is good the servicing at the factory end is poor..

law of economics, my friends...surely if we don't buy; that's probably a fraction of the dealer's customers. now, if the demand of this product dropped by an overwhelming majority, then we could expect the price to be lowered.

Remember when the Cousteau was offered for darn near $800? FOR AN ASIAN 7750??!?!?!?

I'd pay $800 if there were a 2-year warranty attached, though. :huh:

Sadly what we deal with here in Hawaii is the Japan market .. they are willing to pay whatever Waikiki charges.. 15.00 for a hot dog at the hotel.. 5 times the market value for real estate.. a honey dew melon in Japan cost over 100 usd .. they are what caused our cost of living to sky rocket.. it is the same with everything on the internet that is for sale now.. Japan will pay .. our loss.. <_<

Well, it seems there's strong fluctuations on the HBB stock exchange... :lol:

That's the very proof that buyers are gauged by the dealers.

As far as the lite versions are concerned : why did they choose to revive a problematic movement to justify the price difference ? Is this a kind of punishment ? :(

I will wait (again). I like the HBB design very much. I will get one...once. But the current offers are not acceptable. So I'll continue the "cheap" way ;)

Dealers, don't forget competition will raise, as reps became much easier to get than in the past. Don't gamble that much with your reputation : sooner or later you'll lose the game.

BTW, don't you feel we're taken for idiots ?

I mean, we're all led to lie in our life/job, but when it's so obvious and done without any tact, I just find it insulting. And that make the dealers I repected hen I started here just loose all my trust, as I feel they behave like crooks...

i guess i just dont understand why the watch costs to much.. its not like ceramic is an expensive material and even carbon fiber isnt expensive. Its only expensive because it the "new and cool" thing right now. I'll wait till next summer and buy a new one for $350 from a dealer here. :p

I'm not surprised that the gouging, coupled with the demand for such a product would command obscene prices for such a mediocre item (yet I own one, too.) :lol:

This is also done in gne-watch territory as well. Remember our old friend the 116520 (Daytona) in White dial/SS? The most-sought after watch today and yet it is the one with the lowest SRP.

SRP is $6500; but it can't be had for less than $10-12K today.

A lot of people have missed my point, we have been told that the ceramic bezel has pushed the price of the HBB up $200 to the $1000 mark, well look at these....

HBB ss case, polished ceramic bezel, black CF dial, AR sapphire, 28.8K A7750

US$758

HBB ss case, brushed ceramic bezel, black CG dial, AR sapphire, 28.8K A7750

US$758

HBB ss case, polished ceramic bezel, black CF dial, AR sapphire, 28.8K A7750, Mellow Yellow special edition

US$758

HBB ss case, polished ceramic bezel, black CF dial, AR sapphire, 28.8k A7750, solid caseback, Tuiga special edition

US$778

Still too expensive for my liking but it seems to make a lie of the cartel price line.

Ken

i personally pray, hope and wish that the prices would climb up, let it reach 2,000-3,000...

i want the price so high people won't buy it

i don't want the HBB's to become so widespread that it would have the rolex effect..

you know what i mean?

you see a rolex and immediately think fake <_<

yes, i'm an elitist snob, i don't want people walking around with my HBB .. ok not really a snob, more like loose lips sink ships

:lol: no, i don't want everyone walkin around with an HBB so rise price, RISE!!! climb way up there ^_^

A lot of people have missed my point, we have been told that the ceramic bezel has pushed the price of the HBB up $200 to the $1000 mark, well look at these....

Still too expensive for my liking but it seems to make a lie of the cartel price line.

Ken

Of course! But like the introduction of the (asia) 2892 bastard cousin only known like that in a small part of two persons apartments, we have to decipher what that message meant. I've given it a try, but am not totally sure about what the entire message is so perhaps people could chip in.

Pushed means: we felt it was about time.

Ceramic bezel means: actually it is the means

HBB means: We has barrel and shotgun

200 means: random number that ppl probably will accept

1000 means: All your idealwatches are belong to us

Pushed means: we felt it was about time.

Ceramic bezel means: actually it is the means

HBB means: We has barrel and shotgun

200 means: random number that ppl probably will accept

1000 means: All your idealwatches are belong to us

Methinks you got the gist of it. :D

Ken

Nah, Anton the economics are simpler, especially if you have a machinist mill a form to stamp out the ceramic for you (after you take proper measurements allowing for slight shrinkage)...

One time cost: Properly milled form about 10hours @ $60/hour US

Consumable expense: $0.45 per half ounce of ceramic for each bezel stamped and maybe a penny to bake it (in quantity)

Labor: Maybe 1/2 hour total each (at CN wages) being hand formed before and finished after.

So, a ceramic bezel adding about $200 to a watch? Bull.