When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

England flag please

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (usually shortened to the United Kingdom or the UK) is a political union occupying part of the British Isles in northwestern Europe, comprised of the constituent countries of England, Scotland, and Wales on the island of Great Britain, and Northern Ireland on the island of Ireland.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_kingdom

I thank you :p;)

K.

The international mapping governing body and also the international country registering body DO NOT recognise Scotland, England, NI, and Wales as countries.

We have NO polotical rights, and we are NOT recognised by others as individual countries, this is a FACT. We are all members of the UK, our country is the UK. We all have UK passports. Our country is UK because we all have the same head of state THE QUEEN.

This is not a debate these are facts. As much as I would love Scotland to be a country it is not.

I am a BRITTISH citizen, not a scottish citizen.

Simple, country = United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

Well bugger me sideways with a red hot cricket bat implanted with 2" barbed nails coated with some kind of deadly infectious disease.

I was about to get all hoity toity and argue the toss but I bit my lip and went away to do some research.

So I was wrong, unusual but it does happen ;)

Doesn't change anything though, I still want an England flag. It's not fair *stamps foot*

K.

The flag of St George.

This is my take on it too, just as the Scotish flag is the cross of St. Andrew.

Both the cross of St.George and the cross of St.Andrew are definitive parts of the Union Jack.

Ken

You're missing the point. I have to have a Union Flag over there <--- because there's no English flag. Scotland and Wales are listed but not England.

BTW, it's only a Union Jack if it's flown from the bow of a ship :p

K.

Scotland the movie bravehart by the way a great movie :thumbsupsmileyanim: i though Scotland was a own country that fight down the British??History not my best part in school :lol:

North Ireland i dont think people need to ask them self what side i em on :whistling:

By the way did anyone know that St George was in fact Turkish and that he is the patron saint of several countries!!!

Yeah, St. Patrick was born in Scotland (although did apparently die in Ireland) but St. Andrew didn't set foot in Scotland while he was alive, indeed it is not reliably established that his bones even made it that far! You have to take all these legends with a large pinch of salt.... :whistling:

Yeah, St. Patrick was born in Scotland (although did apparently die in Ireland) but St. Andrew didn't set foot in Scotland while he was alive, indeed it is not reliably established that his bones even made it that far! You have to take all these legends with a large pinch of salt.... :whistling:
And a lot of these patron saints were just chosen on the basis of cloud formations - ooh, it's a bit blue and that cloud looks like a cross. Didn't St Andrew die on x-shaped cross? It can be our 'lucky' cloud formation. Sort of medieval equivalent of lucky football socks. :lol:

Scotland shares St. Andrew with Russia and Greece I'm told.

The English flag is taken from Genoa. They don't advertise that much. Freaks out English tourists in Genoa.

Not sure who the patron saint of Australia is. Lisa McCune I think.

I'm a UK citizen too... I was taught and for 60 years have believed that Scotland was a country. When did it cease to be a country?

Les

Well it is a nation and country, but not in an international political sense. It doesn't have complete sovereignty - as in the other parts of the UK can democratically impose laws there. Also it is not internationally recognised (nor does it claim to be) an independent country - it couldn't pull up a seat at the United Nations. The political unit is the UK.

Well it is a nation and country, but not in an international political sense. It doesn't have complete sovereignty - as in the other parts of the UK can democratically impose laws there. Also it is not internationally recognised (nor does it claim to be) an independent country - it couldn't pull up a seat at the United Nations. The political unit is the UK.

OK, that makes sense.

Les