When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PM I received from the guy Elliot (TC Straps) who said he changed...

V

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not jumping on a band wagon...thank you very much...I have posted in detail in several threads on the matter. READ! Search...whatever....this is old news...not new, not even remotely new and my opinion has been stated quite clearly. good night.
several times, again and again and again and again. starting to sound familure yet? lol

Ken, I realised that there is a long trail of history between Elliot and the members here and by no means, I am trying to probe into the matter any further as we have done this many times already. Far too many times. I am simply trying to justify the accusation of calling someone "POS".
scotch?

I am very and I mean VERY much considering of unregister from this site too. (I haven't been to TRC since Elliot joined)

I am not feeling comfortable with this guy around me...

We all know the history of Elliot... and as said we discussed the whole situation in admin-section... there are no problems which could be caused by Elliots presence... there's no chance to get IPs or so... and even if you buy a strap from him you can use a shipping addy of a friend of yours... and if he has your real infos what could he do... as long as you aren't dealing with watches there's no reason to be afraid of...

If you don't want him to get your details, simple, don't buy from him. If you love his straps *that* much, maybe use an intermediary member to get it for you, or buy it second hand.

I have a feeling Veni wont be sending any business that way though.

I understand.. and this is a very hard decision for me because I love the new RWG maybe as much as the persons who created it.

BUT I am stubborn.. and everytime I will look at the Accessories dealers section it will bother me.

If you don't want him to get your details, simple, don't buy from him. If you love his straps *that* much, maybe use an intermediary member to get it for you, or buy it second hand.

I have a feeling Veni wont be sending any business that way though.

There is not a matter of Fear getting me my details, neither of wanting to buy from him (as I already said there are MANY other dealers with better straps and better prices).

It's a matter of principles, and I don't believed he changed to forgive him. (With his PM, when I was ready to let it go, he reminded me who he really is)

There is not a matter of Fear getting me my details, neither of wanting to buy from him (as I already said there are MANY other dealers with better straps and better prices).

It's a matter of principles, and I don't believed he changed to forgive him. (With his PM, when I was ready to let it go, he reminded me who he really is)

Try putting him on ignore, maybe that will work ?

For the record, I haven't bought any straps from him.

Well.. I've never bought any straps at all... I'll wait to see what you got if I make it this Friday... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am very and I mean VERY much considering of unregister from this site too. (I haven't been to TRC since Elliot joined)

I am not feeling comfortable with this guy around me...

Veni... I am so surprised that you keep going about this... Haven't you heard of the ignore button? Just use that and he doesn't have to be around you any more, you don't have to jump up and down every time you hear the name *E*. :thumbdown::bounce::bounce:

I for one am getting pretty sick of this E vs us crap... it is petty [censored] whether he threatened us (which was petty [censored] then too) in the past or not...

The guy's here to sell friggin watch straps for christ's sake.... Did he kill your dog? Did he rape your sister? Did he have an affair with your wife/gf?

It's not like anybody is hurting anybody so just get over it and let's move things forward.... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

It's been said time after time after time ad nauseum that if you don't want to do business with him that there are plenty of other strap dealers out there...

And whether you know it or not, there aren't very many strap manufacturers and strap company owners if you get my drift... You may even be buying from E whether you know it or not. :blink::blink:

I got 'the letter' too... did I get scared... no... did I jump up and down... no.... Did I buy more straps from him... well I tried and they were all outta stock. E refunded my money, no questions asked... He was a perfect gentleman about it. I took the money and bought a few baseball straps from Drew.

Will I buy more straps from him, most [censored] likely... :yu:

You guys gotta forgive and let live... get a [censored] life already :bangin:

Not sure if it's possible to make the section of an dealer invisible but i'm sure we can work something out that all of you're pleased with...

But he can only see his own.... not ours :thumbs:

Yes but I'm sure there's a way to adapt whatever you have in your signature to do that.

Give me the html or script or whatever you have there and I'm sure I could figure out how to do it.

Yes but I'm sure there's a way to adapt whatever you have in your signature to do that.

Give me the html or script or whatever you have there and I'm sure I could figure out how to do it.

I seriously doubt this could be done, it would undermine everything the internet stands for in regards to anonymity...

Admin and maybe some Moderators can see our IP address... then what, they know who our ISP is... Getting details from them would need a pretty big warrant, and most of us here wouldn't warrant that, so relax and have a sip of pina colada :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Have a read here:

http://www.danasoft.com/aboutdanasoft.php

Actually, all you have to do is say "sorry" (you don't even have to mean it)........ ;)

That doesn't work with everyone... People have long memories so I guess only time will tell.

I don't think you would like to see that, would you?

You have already flamed my ass and I have had enouugh of you....so either play nice or I will show you what your own medicine tastes like. This is not a threat at all...this is a promise.

Elliot

(I don't hide behind false names)

Ya know Veni, ya best be careful. I done heard tell that thar's people out there what ken start with nuthin more than yer name, or a phone number, or an address . . . next thing ya know, they got yer nat'ral ass nekkid to the world.

I reckon folks like that could be dangerous.

:whistling:

Bill

Ya know Veni, ya best be careful. I done heard tell that thar's people out there what ken start with nuthin more than yer name, or a phone number, or an address . . . next thing ya know, they got yer nat'ral ass nekkid to the world.

I reckon folks like that could be dangerous.

:whistling:

Bill

You are right - it happened to me. For a while, it was quite frightening.

Fortunately, we have an active - and internet savvy - police force in this country. Who are happy to engage in dialogue with overseas police forces.

The miscreant involved has been removed from the community...

Well david goes to show that he can show your IP in his signature................

Yeah, but only you get to see your own IP. If you really wanted the IP addresses of everyone here, it's fairly easy to do. You run a webserver and use your Avatar as a bug. You get all the IPs, but you don't know to whom they belong, unless you write a Bot to trawl the bottom section of a page that shows who's reading it the instant someone views your avatar. Then you can draw a correlation between most likely IPs and usernames.

Hmm ... that could actually work.

Damn, must stop thinking ...

Yeah, but only you get to see your own IP. If you really wanted the IP addresses of everyone here, it's fairly easy to do. You run a webserver and use your Avatar as a bug. You get all the IPs, but you don't know to whom they belong, unless you write a Bot to trawl the bottom section of a page that shows who's reading it the instant someone views your avatar. Then you can draw a correlation between most likely IPs and usernames.

Hmm ... that could actually work.

Damn, must stop thinking ...

Guess that won't work, because you won't know what thread/topic the users are reading, so you can know who is loading your avatar ;)

Guess that won't work, because you won't know what thread/topic the users are reading, so you can know who is loading your avatar ;)

I do not even think it is accurate. What IP I am seeing in his avatar is different from the IP my cable modem is using.