When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 187 Rep Available

tech

found this one...japanese website...appears to be legit...erm...viable...anyone taking the plunge for 100,000 yen/$895...

http://www.etaworldgoods.com/panerai1.htm

I wish they would state the movement inside but other than this...it looks pretty sweet and I am awaiting wifey approval to pull the proverbial trigger...

cheers

At least he is trying. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ETA (Ken) is the only known source so far for the 187. Comes with typical Asiam 7750 movement. I have had it for two months now and love it. The 194 would be awesome also as it is made of titanium in addition to not having the chrono. It would be the ultimate titanium PAM. :)

I doubt these are moving quite the way he hoped. When I contacted him a while back he said he had only a few. Then again, he's asking big money for an asian 7750 watch so that's not surprising. For $300 this would be a no brainer, but at 3 times the price people are going to balk. Not to say it's not worth buying (that's a personal call obviously) but no way can you call it a bargain.

I do think that a $200+ markup on what is already a very pricey rep with a cheap movement is unwarranted. In Japan he charges 750,000 yen. Does he guarantee delivery or something? What does that extra money buy?

It guarantees you he is making additional mark-up. But he is still the only source.

Unfortunately, the watch is very expensive at the factory level. Things like custom 5mm sapphire crystal with double AR coat and bezel markers with paired screws attaching them to the bezel allow the factory to charge a premium. The movement is a bummer. I do hope that someone makes a 7753 version. That would be well worth the price ETA charges and then some. And in spite of overpaying, there is no other watch I would rather have for under $1,000. And in spite of already owning the 7750 version I would instantly buy the 7753 version as well (as would virtually every other person I know that has the 7750 version). :) If you're wrist can take it, once you put it on it ain't coming off. :lol:

I agree with Kruzer, I got the asian version and would jump on a swiss 7753 version. The 187 is a great watch, it truly looks awesome. The QC on this is very high. The case back even has a double o-ring seal like the genuine 187. My only wish would have been for better lume on the dial but I'll have that fixed soon enough.

Price is high but for me it was worth it.

It guarantees you he is making additional mark-up. But he is still the only source.

Unfortunately, the watch is very expensive at the factory level. Things like custom 5mm sapphire crystal with double AR coat and bezel markers with paired screws attaching them to the bezel allow the factory to charge a premium. The movement is a bummer. I do hope that someone makes a 7753 version. That would be well worth the price ETA charges and then some. And in spite of overpaying, there is no other watch I would rather have for under $1,000. And in spite of already owning the 7750 version I would instantly buy the 7753 version as well (as would virtually every other person I know that has the 7750 version). :) If you're wrist can take it, once you put it on it ain't coming off. :lol:

You're right, if you want this watch now he's the only game in town. But I don't see how saying "these watches are well-made and expensive to produce" justifies additionally marking up the watch. Ken sells them at $620 at a healthy profit in his home country, and thus is just gauging his international customers. Unnecessary since he ships all these watches from China anyway, even to his customers in Japan. So it adds little to his overhead or risk.

I'm not questioning your right to buy the watch at whatever price you deem fair. But if I think a price is unnecessarily high, I certainly have a right to say that. Especially considering honpo's spotty service.

What's the deal with aspire? Isn't paul supposed to be Mr. I've sold 440,000 watches? He can't meet the minimum order for the 187?

Edited by kanerich

This watch can only be appreciated when you have it in your hands. Is it too expensive for a rep? Damn right it is. You can always wait a little longer for the price to drop.. or wait for another factory to produce a run selling at a more affordable price. I am not a very patient man. I am willing to throw in that bit of money to get it earlier, mind you - not to get it before everyone else does, but for the simple fact that I want that bloody watch. I want it and I WANT IT NOW! :lol:

I just received my 187 from The Zigmeister (serviced & relume) and I have been walking around all day with this expression on my face :Jumpy:

At least he is trying. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

ETA (Ken) is the only known source so far for the 187. Comes with typical Asiam 7750 movement. I have had it for two months now and love it. The 194 would be awesome also as it is made of titanium in addition to not having the chrono. It would be the ultimate titanium PAM. :)

i could be wrong but as far as i remember i already saw a PAM194 rep on ebay china

but it has been removed now...

Edited by palpatine

hello,

the pam187 is indeed a nice one but way to expensive for a rep with a asia movement and to many flaws for me.

sometimes i don´t understand the people... now we have nearly clones of the genuines (like the pam001, pam061). the only thing that´s to do is a canon pinion upgrade and a new crown... but nobody talks about these watches...

best wishes

olreon

yep this has been known for a while - several of our members have bought from him.

I didn't realize that some members already had 'em...too bad they are asian movements...as I would prefer the 7753 movement in this baby...

I also found honpo's old website and he doesn't have them...so I sent a message off...but haven't heard anything...and probably won't...

thanks for inputs on your 187s...

i guess my mind is made up now.

Edited by tech

What's the deal with aspire? Isn't paul supposed to be Mr. I've sold 440,000 watches? He can't meet the minimum order for the 187?

It's the basic rule for replica business.

If one dealer can pay cash in advance and take all stock then he get the only ticket to sell this model for one or few months.

This ticket is expensive than customers' imagination.

Customer can wait or pay expensive price to get it right now.

For me,I already have too much stock for replicas.

I can wait since I know the rule and I think the model coming soon.

There are always better,upgraded and improved replica model coming.

Paul :Jumpy:

Edited by 00-Aspire eshop

As I have heard it, the minimums for this piece from the factory are large and its pricing is still very high. I am under the impression that the factory is now willing to sell to others (the exclusive is over). Something will have to give but I am hopeful that someone will step up and produce the 7753. :) I am doing my part. :lol: