When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111h on SS

TeeJay

Well, the new bracelet arrived today, and, I have to admit, before it arrived, I did have some concerns about if it would need a bit of 'tweaking' to get between the lugs, but, it fitted perfectly the first time it was 'offered up' :1a:

One thing's for sure, it certainly changes the whole 'tone' of the watch, and to be honest, I'm not really 'feeling it'. I think I definitely prefer how the watch looks on leather rather than metal. That said, I bought the SS bracelet so I can wear the watch in the water on vacation, so from that point of view, it'll fit my requirements perfectly. On an aesthetic point of view, the brushed/polished details of the bracelet work perfectly with the brushed case/polished bezel and crown guard, so bearing that in mind, it all looks like one purchassed item, not just a watch with an aftermarket bracelet attached. (The bracelet was from the same dealer as the watch) Taking all that into consideration, I'm pleased with the fit (fits both the watch, and my wrist, like a glove), the quality and overall appearance, it just doesn't 'feel' like 'my watch' anymore (where on leather, I'm totally comfortable with it) so it might just take time to get used to it. I might put it back on the leather strap and keep the bracelet to the side for my vacation (as planned) but I think I'll give it till the end of the day to see if it grows on me before swapping back to the leather strap. Anyhoo, onto some photos :)

57e473a0.jpg

fd42651d.jpg

3e430390.jpg

45bd8c67.jpg

Wow, that doesn't look bad at all!! Maybe you just have to give it some time. I'm used to PAMs with leather straps, but since I'm seeing all these pics with SS bracelets these days it really starts growing on me and I'm considering buying a SS bracelet myself.

Anyway, enjoy!

By the way, did you buy it from PT?

Wow, that doesn't look bad at all!! Maybe you just have to give it some time. I'm used to PAMs with leather straps, but since I'm seeing all these pics with SS bracelets these days it really starts growing on me and I'm considering buying a SS bracelet myself.

Anyway, enjoy!

By the way, did you buy it from PT?

Thanks, indeed, it doesn't look bad at all. I have to admit, since I made the post, I've grown fonder of the bracelet, but, because it makes such a radical difference to the appearance, I feel more like I've got a new watch, rather than just fitting a new bracelet, that's what I meant when I said it doesn't feel like 'my watch' any more. Aesthetically, I love how it looks, and couldn't be happier with the quality and finish of the bracelet, especially as it blends with the watch so well, it just doesn't have the same 'emotional bond' that the leather strap had., but, given how quickly it's growing on me, who knows, by the end of the day, or tomorrow, once the initial 'new impact' wears off, maybe I'll feel like I'm wearing 'my watch' again :D

It wasn't from PT, but PM sent :)

I tend to prefer SS bands over leather. I'm looking at the 112h on SS from TWP as my next purchase. Leather to me is "ok I have to look nice, this dinner is important to her". Either way it's a stunning watch and now you go back and forth between both styles.

It's funny, I used to be a diehard SS fan, I guess it's just one of those things where tastes change with time. That said, I do think that there are certain watches which look better one way or the other. For example, I think the Omega SMP 2531.80 only really looks its best on the SS bracelet, and I only really think a Planet Ocean looks it's bets on the rubber strap.

I think PAMs are certainly versatile enough to pull off either look, I just think the tone of the watch changes drastically, so more likely to appeal to people on either extreme. I think my shock is, as mentioned above, that more that it looks and feels (emotionally, at least) like I have a new (different) watch to the one I had on earlier, when all that has changed, is the strap for a bracelet... At least I don't have to worry about it getting wet on vacation now :D

Have to agree that the SS band looks great on the 111 or 112.

I have a 112 and Daylight that I switch bands on when wearing them for different occassions, and I personally love the look of the SS bracelet on either watch. I am basically a SS band kinda guy though. The only PAM I don't consider worthy of the SS bands would be the Radimor's like the 183.

But for almost all other models, I think the SS bands look bitchin.

Jiro, has the same SS band look on his 111h in his avatar, and everytime I see it...I like it.

You can always wear a rubber strap. My vanilla scented rubber on deployant from Angus gets a lot of wrist time!!! But that SS band is looking good to me. Now you have a 220/221 look.

That is the other option I am considering, as, although I'm getting more accustomed to the SS, I find straps more comfortable against the back of my hand than bracelets... I'm not too knowledgeable on PAM serial numbers, what would the 220/221 look like?

And a fiddy, but I doubt you could even find a SS band that big.

Indeed, I don't think they make them that big.

Nice 111 on SS bracelet :D

... but it's a strange looking 111h though. The movement looks more like pre-H series and the case is brush(?).

Thanks :) As mentioned above, I'm not too knowledgeable on the serial numbers, so I might be wrong... I'm sure the movement's not got the right bridges, and I'm not sure if the case should be brushed or not (although I do like that it has a brushed case and polished bezel and crownguard, as, on leather, it makes a nice contrast, and on SS, it blends with the 'theme' of the bracelet of polished over brushed :) The dial is a sandwich dial, with L Swiss L at the base.

What! TeeJay, no...this looks AWESOME on you. Take it from the Strap Queen!!

(Especially since the SQ is in bed, and won't be able to send you Me So Horny until at least next week...)

Oh I trust you that it looks good, I like how it looks, it just 'feels' like a new watch, rather than 'my watch' with a new bracelet... I'm still wearing the SS so I can try and get over that 'new watch' feeling :) No hurry on Me So Horny, get well soon :)

Love the SS bracelet dude, if you dont mind me asking were did you find that? I just got a 005 and want a SS band on it

Thanks, PM sent :)

I posted my topic in the wrong section I see, a quick review in Davidsens section to say I was pleased with getting mine, posted 10 minutes or so before this topic was started, 180 odd viewings of this and about 10 views for my topic. Oh well, no pics in mine.... need a digital camera I think

Oh, and congrats on the new strap, they rock!

Edited by phaedo

Just thought I'd share a few pics of mine... modded 111H tapered SS bracelet :D

1339495213_dfd88a23c2_o.jpg

1267572054_e980d89e92_o.jpg

1266711463_d09217dbbf_o.jpg

1257972395_8b86cdcc64_o.jpg

So how tapered is tapered? See for yourself ^_^

1190160682_a4f11ce1b0_o.jpg

Maybe I'm being slightly dense here, but which one of those two bracelets is the tapered one, or is it both? :huh:

If you'd like to divest yourself of the second strap, PM me, I'm in the market for one.

prof