When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

i popped my cherry today............

cc

with two subs!!...............

i'd never thought i'd be a rollie owner after the scamming incident (see triplehd's tread). so i was out $374 and didnt know if i wanted to spend 3-4 hundred bucks for another mbw 16610. Friday at work is always casual day. I was wearing my swiss SFSO with my old college hoodie waiting for my food in the lounge downstairs. i turn the corner to get drink and bumped into the CEO of my company. i noticed that under his sleeve was a watch clasp with the rolex crown...... as he was also eyeing my SFSO. i said "nice rollie... a sub?" he says "no it's a 50th anniversary addition". he stretches his arm from his suit and shows me....... :blink::blink: ........wow!! that thing is pretty classy. at that point i was pretty bummed about me getting scammed out of my mbw.

i was surfing the sale thread and saw bk's sub for sale. Black NOOB with correct datefont and modded cg's........ 120 bucks shipped?? why not.... so i bought it. then i ventured to TWP's site looking for a omega box and was not offered. i have been itching for a sub since everyone says that it's a classic and every watch lover should have one in their collection. I browsed TWP's "In CONUS" section and find only one NOOB Sub LV left @ $95 shipped..... it looked damm good like my CEO's (yes it's real) and was pretty inexpensive so i bought that one too.........

today i find 2 packages wrapped so well, it could survive a couple loads in the dryer. here are the pics:

watchs027.jpg

watchs028.jpg

watchs029.jpg

watchs030.jpg

watchs031.jpg

watchs032.jpg

watchs033.jpg

watchs034.jpg

watchs035.jpg

i noticed that BK's noobs rehault is the standard noob height and TWP's rehault is a little more conical. TWP's bracelet/clasp is slightly different from bk's noob. also when trying to changing the date on the lv, i needed to twist down (counter clockwise) for the date to change.... no biggy. TWP's crown is smaller than bk's but bk's crown has a better feeling. overall i love them both. i now wonder if the MBW myth is really worth it....... cause i cant tell a difference between mine and my CEO's.

cc

very nice!!! I think the black noob is way nicer.. better crown, better rehaut. You black noob is the best out of the box sub you can buy! enjoy!

Dont show the green one to your boss or he'll call you on it right away. That conical rehaut is a dead giveaway :) If he saw the black one he prob wouldnt be able to tell except under close inspection and comparison to his.

very nice!!! I think the black noob is way nicer.. better crown, better rehaut. You black noob is the best out of the box sub you can buy! enjoy!

Dont show the green one to your boss or he'll call you on it right away. That conical rehaut is a dead giveaway :) If he saw the black one he prob wouldnt be able to tell except under close inspection and comparison to his.

i'm quite intimidated by my CEO..... he's in his mid thirties. makes 100-150k a month and very humble. he the kind of guy you sit next to at a dive bar and wouldn't be able to tell he's a millionare. to be honest, i'd think he'd ask me where the hell i got mine if i told him the LV was a rep......... then again, he just might laugh at me.................soooo......the LV is staying away from work??

i'm quite intimidated by my CEO..... he's in his mid thirties. makes 100-150k a month and very humble. he the kind of guy you sit next to at a dive bar and wouldn't be able to tell he's a millionare. to be honest, i'd think he'd ask me where the hell i got mine if i told him the LV was a rep......... then again, he just might laugh at me.................soooo......the LV is staying away from work??

Well, that sucks if someone tells you not to wear it to work because of flaws.

My mother wears TWP's LV everywhere, when she can pry it off my dad's wrist. One time, she was in a lift when a fellow German who lives in the condo asked her, "Oh my. Is that an anniversary Submariner?". She said yes, and when he asked to see it up close, she actually took it off for him. Pause. Looks at it intensely.

"This has been my dream for years. You're very lucky."

BTW, he owns a jewelry shop so either he was unknowledgeable about watches, or a sweet man who didn't call her out.

What can I say -- I'd wear it. I think your boss would be cool about it.

thank you all for the kind words ^_^

@ by-tor : you are right. the noob is a gem. purchase was inspired by your review ;)

@ l-dizzle : i wear my SFSO and UPO to work everyday as my beaters. i know he must have spotted them on my wrist. yeah i dont want to be the office buzz of the day. i am one of many consultants for his finance company.

@UB7 : i got the LV from TWP. Pm him or go to his site for more info. He is a great guy to deal with and he responds/ships super fast in the CONUS. i got my LV in 2 days. I got the Black Sub from a respected member here (bklm1234) that is a true rollie collector.

@laz : hey buddy. i just sent the UPO to The Zigmeister for a complete relume..... cant wait to get it back!!! :D

@vbarrett : i love stories about people complimenting about our watches..... in fact the wifey hinted if i could take off enough links for her to try it on..... wink wink*

i'd personally would hate confrontation with the my boss. we have a decent business relationship but i'd rather avoid the "oh stan, you have the 50th anni too? where'd you get it? it must of been pretty hard finding it. how much you purchase it for??" me - "ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm" :bangin::whistling:

i;ll give the LV a hard time.....no doubt. ;);)

I agree, id leave the LV at home. lol.

the black noob needs a good pearl. check out watchmaterial for a 30.00 insert, and use that pearl.

im on it ;) .... i have the "zit" although it doesnt bother me too much.

• 2 weeks later...
Regardless of the relative level of fidelity, the MBW subs are better in my mind. It's all about 'pet' issues...and for me, the conical and shallow rehaut of the noob and cheaper subs is the biggest flaw on the reps, IMO. I hate the way it looks with that shallow rehaut.

but you cant beat a 100 bucks......

most of my collection consist of Pams and Omegas. i've not had anyone ask if they were fake or reps. the LV and blk sub are asked quite often if they're real or fake. i take them off and some say its real and some say "oh the bracelet (noob) feels cheap....it's fake isnt it?"

i dont mention it's a rep and counter "have you ever held one?" and pause............ usually the say no and hand it back confused.

i'm not a huge rolex fan but im starting to admire the smaller 40mm elegance of the classic watch.

I suggest you check out the CURRENT MBW. I have one from 4-5 years ago and a new version. The current MBW has a conical rehaut. The earlier version rehaut is nice and straight....almost cylindical. I wish someone could explain to me what the MBW has changed so much for the worse in this respect.

I suggest you check out the CURRENT MBW. I have one from 4-5 years ago and a new version. The current MBW has a conical rehaut. The earlier version rehaut is nice and straight....almost cylindical. I wish someone could explain to me what the MBW has changed so much for the worse in this respect.

**please see the 1st paragraph of my post.

i would have had a MBW if it wasnt for me getting SCAMMED by member by the name of "micavi". i dont know if you've seen Triple-hd's thread but i also purchased one after it already being sold to triple. :(:(:(:(:(

that's why i decided not to spend another $374 for a MBW and bought these gems.......