When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good news for RWG

Victoria

It may be good news for the forum, but not really for our hobby.... at least my interpretation of it.

The last thing I want to do is go on yet another disgruntled rant regarding this issue... but I cannot say this enough: the reason I buy reps is to have the exclusivity and respect of wearing a luxury brand name timepiece. If everyone figures out the ease of which this is possible, then my entire reason for purchasing these watches gets flushed down the toilets. Of course, I love watches in and of themselves... I think they are swell indeed, but there is a reason I have a "Rolex" on my wrist instead of an "Invicta" of the same design - if you haven't guessed what that reason is by now, then you will never comprehend why I hate it when more people join this forum. I hate it. It just burns my biscuits to know that somewhere, some person is figuring out all of the dealers and buying himself, or herself, a beautiful watch just like mine.

... although I don't think anyone really believes my Sky-Moon is real anyhow.

I hate it. It just burns my biscuits to know that somewhere, some person is figuring out all of the dealers and buying himself, or herself, a beautiful watch just like mine.

God, mum is that you?

She says the same thing. Only she means it. She has an acquaintance who knows she is wearing a rep blue-faced, solid gold Rolex, because she KNOWS watches.

But my mother would rather go outside dressed like Minnie Pearl than tell her about Joshua and Andrew.

Yeah, like your average person knows what Patek Philippe is, and how much our Sky-Moon is worth! I've gotten lots of compliments about mine. Yay! Suckers.

That goes hand in hand with most members belief that you're not quite real either......how is life in Franadaxas......B)

Members Online Today: 1014

Must be the Joe Bashing Thread...

:lol:

Mindreader! I was going to post that when at 9 PM or so, I saw it had passed 960 members. I knew that was going to beat my original number above.

@TT: I only just now clicked on the Joe-bashing thread. I had to hit Search to find out who he is.

It may be good news for the forum, but not really for our hobby.... at least my interpretation of it.

The last thing I want to do is go on yet another disgruntled rant regarding this issue... but I cannot say this enough: the reason I buy reps is to have the exclusivity and respect of wearing a luxury brand name timepiece.

And I want more people to have the opportunity to experience the elegance that can be available to them in a watch they can afford.

Do I care if "one more person" learns about reps? ... Should I care? Actually all I care about is whether _I_ look good - to me, to my wife, to my friends - with my general appearance. I don't really want to represent that my reps are gens [nobody ever even thinks, or dares, to ask!] I only care about whether my reps please ME. Whatever respect I may garner from my friends and colleagues doesn't emanate from anything glittering on my wrist.

If my reps do please me, I am happy if some other person finds pleasure in their reps, including you, Corgi. The more the merrier!!

Well, if you are worried about more people buying the same reps such that you are more easily outed pick a few and change them up. Put in a new datewheel, correct that dial flaw, relume or whatever. :D I am indifferent as to more members. But much more interested in paying ones. ;) After all, it ensures the survivability of our forum.

Concerned about more people wearing fakes? Let me see.........a couple thousand members... goes up. Out of a billion people on the internet, now we have to worry about friends and co-workers showing up here and stealing our thunder?

Gee, I don't think so. We will be able to continue to wear our fakes in total anonymity. LOL!