When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start Of The Week Wrist-Check (15-16 Oct. 2007)

Victoria

These old rusty pics were still enough for me that I decided today finally to order the SMP chrono and not the SMP. :)

Can't wait for it!

Thanks for your reviews & pics, I have seen them ALL in last 2 weeks several times.

I've had mine for 2 weeks now...and I think it's broken in. I wore the watch for the first week solid (24 hrs a day), then ran the chrono solid for a week.

It's amazing...and it came with the insert properly aligned.

I take it in for waterproof testing tomorrow!

@Pugwash: Best of luck! I'm guessing it's already over, but every good wish to you anyway. The PAM was a perfect choice, and the "distressed" strap certainly must describe anyone's mental state, seeking a job. Been there, done that...

@DocBlackRoc: Perfect analysis of why not to wear Rolexes to job interviews, if not for Pugwash, for SOME kid wanting to do so reading it.

@Jiro: Thank you so much! Your dazzling pics of it on RWI were the clincher in buying that Albion strap. I wear it with both the PAM 113 but I find it looks slightly better ON ME on the DSN PAM 112, than the white face as your wife wears it. It has more "bite" with the black-dial. Strange, huh?

@Freddy: I never tire of seeing that photo of your shirt-cuff, matched perfectly to your Rolex. Never mind Cher and the tattooed ladies. I march to the beat of my own drummer!

@Maxi: Thanks!! The compliments keep on pouring, in real life, and I'm VERY happy. :p

Guest watchbuff

Wore this one on the day off, why bang it up so early in a cramped aircraft? Took it to dinner with some old Navy buddies. Taking suggestion for a strap that helps this style watch "pop". Any suggestions?

1012002is9.jpg

By watchbuff, shot with DSC-W5 at 2007-10-12

Lovely case.....

but maybe before straps pick up a new dial. That dial has the old G series layout for the text and the numbers are cut too big and close to the edge.

Davidsen....sigh

With a standard rep H series dial with the fonts dyed to match the lume you would have a near perfect rep.

Wore this one on the day off, why bang it up so early in a cramped aircraft? Took it to dinner with some old Navy buddies. Taking suggestion for a strap that helps this style watch "pop". Any suggestions?

1012002is9.jpg

By watchbuff, shot with DSC-W5 at 2007-10-12

I would try and source a standard rep dial and use the coffee, smoke or tea stain trick to get the whites a little less.

I like your crown personally.

If you are happy with the watch that is all that matters. I just get annoyed whenever I see Davidsen dials. ;)

I have a being made for me that will be here soon I will post. I think it is a nice alternative to the DSN.

By the way

That B and R strap combo above!!!

:wub: :wub:

Ok where do I get one of the better "dials". sigh.......

And the crown? any suggestions?