When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My MBW 1665 DRSD back from Joe

dieselpower

This is the first time I've ever busted out this defense. YOU"VE GOT 36 POSTS ON THIS FORUM. I've been using the search button for friggin years. The 98% and 95% I used was for my own business. You use the search button and see how many satisfied customers Joe has had over the last two years and I promise you'll find the good far outweighs the bad. Use the search button.

Sean K

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to say that I think alot of people have forgotten just how confusing it is to search for information on a site like RWG. At least if you want something conclusive. You can search for days (literally) & end up more confused than when you began (has anyone tried to search out info on 'DW' lately?). I know a bit about watches and I have been a member for over a year & I still get confused. So telling newbies just to use the Search is not going to do anyone much good I fear. I think a better solution would be to encourage newbies to read the Pinned articles atop just about every forum for general information and frequently asked questions (like the ubiquitous 'How do I mod my....?' or 'What is the best.....?') and, then, after that, ask members if you either cannot locate the info you want or have located too much info (which often happens). I think the real benefit to belonging to a community of like-minded souls is the way each can learn from the other. And learning, in my experience, is not always a one-way street.

Just my two-cents.

And since things seem to be getting a bit heavy, here is a new wrist shot of my 6241 to soften things up a bit

black2bw.jpg

I have to say that I think alot of people have forgotten just how confusing it is to search for information on a site like RWG. At least if you want something conclusive. I know a bit about watches and I have been a member for over a year & I still get confused. So telling newbies just to use the Search is not going to do anyone much good I fear. I think a better solution would be to encourage newbies to read the Pinned articles atop just about every forum for general information and frequently asked questions (like the ubiquitous 'How do I mod my....?' or 'What is the best.....?') and, then, after that, ask members if you either cannot locate the info you want or have located too much info (which often happens).

Just my two-cents.

I fully agree... I have always used the search button but seem unable to find what i want. One reason is cos there are far too many results... and another reason is because people use different terms for different things (pam, pannie, panerai, cg, crown guard, mbw, mbk, etc...), also... as the search goes through the whole thread/topic... many times the words we search for will turn up in totally unrelated topics... maybe i am just crap at using the search function properly...

Okay I take that as 'I cannot prove my numbers'

I may not be as loud as you are, but I have been on these forums longer than you have.

TRC, RWG I or II.....

36 posts? is that all you can say? jesus...

I was once a good friend with Joe talked to him on the phone several times and several emails.....

He may be nice on the phone, but the fact is that he still does not realize what he has done wrong to people here including myself.

His descriptions fool people, claiming that they are either genuine or better. You know they are not, and how is that not a scam?

I have been scammed as well as the many others here, we have right to reiterate that but why are you telling us to shut up?

This is the first time I've ever busted out this defense. YOU"VE GOT 36 POSTS ON THIS FORUM. I've been using the search button for friggin years. The 98% and 95% I used was for my own business. You use the search button and see how many satisfied customers Joe has had over the last two years and I promise you'll find the good far outweighs the bad. Use the search button.

Sean K

Sean,

I have never dealt with Joe and never will just because I like to be really careful and have read many negative dealings with him... just curious, how much did joe charge you for doing your watch? and why dont u post your pictures of what work he did for us to see? just that you seem to defend him strongly, when you can see for yourself dieselpower's watch and what he paid for it... would you be a happy customer if you were in dieselpower's position?

I have looked other forums and still see many 'where is joe' posts.

Same old stuff...

In the past, his excuses were flu, sudden change of email addresses, IP problems blah blah blah...

I wonder what he is going to say this time.

I have tried to understand him, give hime some breaks, infact I have waited 15months to receive my crappy watches.

Such a drama queen he is..

"@The Zigmeister What happened to you and Joe? You were friends at one time. Something tells me this discord goes deeper than your strong feelings toward protecting the good people of this forum. And that is an outside observation, I really do respect you and your knowledge and the work you do for people."

That's the problem Sean, it doesn't. Overpriced work, often poor quality, usually dreadfully slow.

If you can't spot "he tells me they're genuine" as the equivalent of "received this as a present" on Ebay, you're not paying attention. Plus I love the water test as he described it, dunk it in a garbage can (RWG1 days). A rolex case without gaskets would pass that just fine. It's a jar for f sake.

Anyhow, old news. Anybody want to talk about Jetmid?

A short analogy for Sean....

Bill is my friend and Bill sells rep watches.

Now Bill has always done the right thing by me and has always made the right noises when situations arise.

However lately more and more members say Bill has been sending them junk or grossly overpricing.

At sometime I am going to have to say to myself that I am a moderator who has been charged to look after our members and that needs to have more importance than friendships.

Ken

@John. I'll contest the fact that you've been on the forums longer for fear that we get into a "Who's Phallus is longer?" argument. At this point that makes no difference I can see you've been here awhile as our join dates are in the same month. I will say however that I've "used the search button" on you on every available rep forum to date and can't find a single thing tied to your user name. I haven't gone through every post so don't get your panties in a roe. You may have a different user names on the others but I have kept mine constant on all the boards so there is no confusion. The "I can't prove the numbers statement" is an argument of the absurd because neither of us has accurate numbers as to satisfied customers. So your point is just as false. I can only go by what I've read over the coarse of being on the boards and the majority of Joe threads are positive. If you have numbers to refute this opinion please provide for me. Maybe I'm reading what I want to read but no one has yet to come up with anything. Funny. BTW I have no problem with the ability of the forums to inform its members of potential scams. I do however think that a flip side needs to be shown as well. Oh and you said it yourself in your above statement, most of Joe's complaint are about time not workmanship, its a huge difference. If you don't want to wait 3 months for you watch, again don't send it to Joe.

@ahcard. I paid 150.00 shipped to furnish and install for me an after market bezel insert and he lacquered the pearl on an LV sub. I have pics and I'll post a link to the pics on RWI. Since I charge a 150.00 minimum to walk in your door in my business I had no problem with those numbers. Thats for 10 minutes or an hour.

Sean K

A short analogy for Sean....

Bill is my friend and Bill sells rep watches.

Now Bill has always done the right thing by me and has always made the right noises when situations arise.

However lately more and more members say Bill has been sending them junk or grossly overpricing.

At sometime I am going to have to say to myself that I am a moderator who has been charged to look after our members and that needs to have more importance than friendships.

Ken

You know Ken you were one of the first people I spoke to on RWGjr over two years ago about using the force to choose watches. I've never been really controversial but here's one for you and I don't care if you like it or not.

A short apology for Ken

A certain unnamed rep watch dealer is a friend of mine.

He's been on all the forums since the beginning of, well rep forums.

He is a pompous, grating, abusive SOB thats a [censored] (censor that for obscenity) for anyone to get along with. Not mention he has insulted more people than any five people combined on in the entire rep community.

But because he has some pretty powerful contacts and was a former PI and is in the same business I'm in and could potentially hurt me if a cross him I can't do a damn thing about him. I need to remain friends with him and continue to deal with his B.S.

But on the flip side his delivery times and customer service have significantly improved since having a big flap on another forum.

So even though I'm the head honcho keep on buying because nothing you say will change the fact that this dealer is here to stay.

Sincerely Ken

Sean K

@SeanK

Yes, indeed. both duration and his works are being criticized here.

I have told you to use search button not intending to insult you, I just thought there are already many member's posts complaining about his works.

Then you over reacted and told me a classic 'you have # of posts' comment. That is why I said about who's been here longer. (BTW I went by johnjohn on RWG I and TRC).

This is going nowhere and I wish to stop this conversation with you. It is going to be childish if we continue.

You have made your points and I have made my points.

John

@Sean what a strange analogy..........oops apology

Had a good laugh actually :D

Sure Neil is bombastic and can be rude if challenged but what has this got to do with rbj scamming dieselpower?

I should add that Neil does not need any protection from me and I have no power to offer protection either.

Ken

BTW are you claiming that TTK is a scammer? Boy you are going to need proof if you start swinging that one around.

As it was me who started this thread I feel that I am empowered to end it. I have read it from beginning to end and am genuinely heartened by the offers of help and assistance, I shall certainly be taking some of you up on this so expect PM's!

I would like it to draw to a close as it is now veering off the subject and mud is beginning to be slung off subject and that is not right. I also think that there is enough info in this thread for a level headed person to make their own judgement of Joe and his work.

Thanks again to all for responses and lets not forget, we are all learning and that in itself is a pleasure. I still love reps I will still collect them and llok forward to having my DRSD 1665 modded.......properly!

Cheers Dieselpower.

You know Ken you were one of the first people I spoke to on RWGjr over two years ago about using the force to choose watches. I've never been really controversial but here's one for you and I don't care if you like it or not.

A short apology for Ken

A certain unnamed rep watch dealer is a friend of mine.

He's been on all the forums since the beginning of, well rep forums.

He is a pompous, grating, abusive SOB thats a [censored] (censor that for obscenity) for anyone to get along with. Not mention he has insulted more people than any five people combined on in the entire rep community.

But because he has some pretty powerful contacts and was a former PI and is in the same business I'm in and could potentially hurt me if a cross him I can't do a damn thing about him. I need to remain friends with him and continue to deal with his B.S.

But on the flip side his delivery times and customer service have significantly improved since having a big flap on another forum.

So even though I'm the head honcho keep on buying because nothing you say will change the fact that this dealer is here to stay.

Sincerely Ken

Sean K

Oh look, that cloud looks like a whale. WTF does this have to do with diesel getting scammed. Start a new bash the "unnamed" dealer thread, and get off of this one. Sheesh!

-J

HAHA.. uhm Sean...you have 67 posts on THIS forum so I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish with this statement. I think the biggest problem here is that Joe obviously has unsatisfied customers, and also satisfied customers. Now why would you want to "roll the dice" and not be sure what you're going to receive back? Why not just send your watch to a modder who has an near perfect or perfect customer satisfaction rating. Its not worth the risk sending it to Joe because there are simply WAY TO MANY unhappy customers.

I guess some people like what he calls "the shrunken tritium effect". Maybe some of us just expect "more" for a $600 mod job. If you are happy with the job he does then thats great, but i think some of us are a little more picky. If im paying someone to do a job for me, then i expect it to be done BETTER than what i am capable of doing myself :)

Here is a one of Joes own pics right off his section on RWI.. its not even a close up and you can see the POOR lume job.

kirbymillerdrsdwmbeforeandafte2.jpg

This is a never ending arguement. I think everyone needs to read and search and find our for themselves if they want to use Joe or not.. for me, the bad outweighs the good and i wouldnt use him.

We should try to keep this informative and not let it turn into a pissing match. If anyone says Joe does a great job then lets please see some closeup pics please.

:troll2vk:

This is the first time I've ever busted out this defense. YOU"VE GOT 36 POSTS ON THIS FORUM.

Sean K

As it was me who started this thread I feel that I am empowered to end it. I have read it from beginning to end and am genuinely heartened by the offers of help and assistance, I shall certainly be taking some of you up on this so expect PM's!

I would like it to draw to a close as it is now veering off the subject and mud is beginning to be slung off subject and that is not right. I also think that there is enough info in this thread for a level headed person to make their own judgement of Joe and his work.

Thanks again to all for responses and lets not forget, we are all learning and that in itself is a pleasure. I still love reps I will still collect them and llok forward to having my DRSD 1665 modded.......properly!

Cheers Dieselpower.

Sorry guys I have to respect this request, thread closed.

Ken