When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ingenieur love

keith_bran

Hi all - I'm pretty much a rep noob. Currently I have a PAM 177G which I really like, but I'm after something all-metal to wear. I've been looking at various subs, sd's, planet oceans, SFSOs and I just stumbled across the IWC Ingenieur.

Man, what a watch. I'm ordering one from ptswiss, but before I pull the trigger, is there anything to watch out for (pardon the pun). I've been doing some reading on mods, looks like AR and a Lello date wheel are "must-haves" - any tips or tricks (or known issues) I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance guys

Keith

In truth there were a couple of things about this one that scared me away. First, there has always been concern mentioned about the 60 second sub-dial being at 6 and the manipulations done to move it in a less than elegant manner. My other concern, but it is more personal, is that although the titanium looks excellent the finish is not identical to the gen. One of the guys has a gen as a daily wearer so it was not an option for me. People have also suggested the red is not exactly right. Still a great rep but I thought you should know.

At the end of the day I still wanted an Inge but I opted for the simple SS Inge. I did add one of Lello's datewheel, relume and added Chief's double AR. With a swiss movement and a nice case and bracelet I am hoping it will last a lifetime. Here it is below:

IMGP1139.jpg

• 3 weeks later...