When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SFSO Stuck In Transit

Del_RFC

I ordered a SFSO 13 days ago from Jay and to his credit it was posted within a day or so and tracking numbers were sent etc.

Problem is the watch has not budged an inch since despatching Shanghai Sorting Centre on 16th October. I have been in regular contact with Jay and we are both on the lookout for any move. He has, as you would expect, offered to "sort out the problem" should it not arrive.

The big question is when is it reasonable to say the parcel is missing, lets get the replacement shipped. 10 days stuck in the one location on EMS tracking to me says "this isn't gonna happen". I am now getting impatient and simply want to see the watch I paid for.

I must stress this is completely out of Jays control with regards to delivery and I in no way hold him responsible for the delay, quite the opposite.

Has the time come or should I give it longer?

Any advice much appreciated.

Del

Timing Site Status

2007-10-16 18:10:00 City of Shanghai Posting

2007-10-16 19:38:00 944 Despatch from Sorting Center

2007-10-16 22:02:12 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center

2007-10-16 23:40:06 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center

You should first check the website of the transfered carrier. In my case, since I live in Canada, that would be EMS transfered to Canada Post. If you happen to see the same result, just make a call to customer service to do an inquiry. Sometimes packages miss a scan. I had a watch that was actually held at customs. Josh has a remedy for that too. 10 days is certainly reasonable to warrant a replacement. Wait a few more days until 2 weeks have elapsed. At that point, I am sure that Josh will take care of you. I have received all 50+ watches that I have ordered in the last 6 months and they always get to me eventually. Don't worry, everything will be fine.

You should first check the website of the transfered carrier. In my case, since I live in Canada, that would be EMS transfered to Canada Post

In the UK it's Parcel Force, in fact you can use their site to track the whole journey as it appears in their tracker at the same time as it appears in EMSs.

Would estimate it can take easily 2 weeks waiting depending where you live and how reliable your local EMS is.

In my country EMS is taken care of by the national post and is not good at all.

The EMS tracking system here mostly starts to show somethig when the watch is alredy on your wrist .

For last shipment I received from Silix I waited 3 weeks and had to pay 24EUR to the delivery man for what they descibed as "Customs submission cost". I paid but never had that with other forwarders before.

Next time I will explicitely ask dealers not to use EMS any more for my orders.

In the UK it's Parcel Force, in fact you can use their site to track the whole journey as it appears in their tracker at the same time as it appears in EMSs.

I have found that you need to be careful with Parcelforce's website. It's correct that you can track from the beginning using the senders tracking number but as soon as it enters the UK system the package is given a new GB tracking number and the original number will only link to the new GB number for a short time. It is too easy to enter the EMS number and not notice that the result which first shows its location within the UK is now also showing a new tracKing number. Any later search using the original EMS number will draw a blank.

dunno whats happening with ems lately its been very slow :(.. but yeh i guess it should arrive.. and jay is the best dealer.. hed make it right for u..

Not sure about that. Just got mine in the US in 5 days... pretty good I think.

I think you should be patient and give it another week. While, under two weeks is the norm, delays occur and it is your bad fortune to experience one. Good luck with it.

I agree with this. Please inform Jay of the delay, though. My last package from him took its usual 7 days from China to South Florida.

However, one time a package from Joshua which my mother had ordered was stuck in JFK Customs (as per USPS/EMS) a whole week and a half -- very unusual for us 'til that point.

I have a theory.

I think our collectors pay off EMS to make shipments go out faster. I can't prove this. It's just a hunch based on having bought 69 reps (the majority of which have been from China...), and having seen their M.O. by now.

Anyway, good luck. :)

My last package said "despatch from sorting center" for 5 days. Then it just showed up. These things are normal.

Its now a full eleven days since the "Despatch From Sorting Centre" in Shanghai status appeared. Parcelforce UK still have no trace of it ever hitting the UK.

I have absolutely no faith whatsoever left that this will arrive now.

Can anyone offer any further advice please as I am getting very frustrated at almost two weeks of "nothing happening".

At what point "should" a dealer do the right thing and send a replacement?

I have received all 50+ watches that I have ordered in the last 6 months and they always get to me eventually. Don't worry, everything will be fine.

50+ watches in 6 months - WOW !! :D

This sort of delay is not at all unusual. The fastest delivery I had from China to UK was just under a week, but that was exceptional. Typically it takes anywhere from about 10 to 20 days for the package to arrive, so I really wouldn't worry unless you still haven't received it in a week's time.

Just had an email from Jay today offering to send a replacement on the understanding that if the original turns up I pay for both to which I agreed.

I see no problem in moving on a second Swiss SFSO should the need arise.

Thanks for your input guys ;)

I had a watch with the same Despatch from Sorting Center (Shanghai) for days... it's a package from Jay... checked this morning on usps.com and it's there showing it left China 3 days ago... even though China EMS shows it hasn't left....

Weird things happen in international shipping....

What format was your tracking number to allow you to use UPS.com? Doesn't recognise EA########CN as supplied by Jay.

Jay has been in contact again today regards a replacement. No white dials as ordered available off the shelf so offered a black for immediate shipment which I promptly accepted.

Was a very close decision between all three dial colours before ordering however as I have a BCE in Graphite I opted for the furthest contrasting colour in White. Not to worry the black will do just fine:-)

Del