When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My review of the new Corum Admirals cup Competition

jkarpas

Make: CORUM

Model: Admirals Cup Competition

48mm in Titanium with rubber strap and crownguards

Features: hours, minutes,runing seconds @ 9 , Day and Date display @ 3 set via crown.

Black dial with minute numerals from 05 to 60 in 5 minutes increments each at every corner of the dial.

Inner bezel with nautical flags.

Red running seconds hand and compass style subdial.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fell in love with this watch the first time i saw it. A friend of mine from the gym had the rose gold bezel version so i handled the gen before the rep. I really liked the fact that its big (48mm) and in lightweight titanium so it is very comfortable as a watch.

There is something about the shape of the strap and the case that makes the watch wear smaller than it actually is!

30816042492.jpg

Case: The finish of the titanium case is extraordinary for a rep. No unfinished surfaces , no sharp edges , even the lug space is nicely finished and precisely machined.

30816042485.jpg

30816042475.jpg

Crown: Big and beefy as it should be in this watch size. The corum emblem is sharp and the crown functions perfect, screws in and out securely.

30816042410.jpg

Caseback: Excellent finish and crisp detail! the admirals cup trophy is pictured perfectly and all the engravings are deep, not laser edged.

30816042495.jpg

Rubber strap: This is the most comfortable strap i have ever seen. It is 24mm wide and it neither soft or hard, it is perfect! Very nice edges and overall finish inside and outside.

3081604249.jpg

Buckle: One word can describe this beauty.. ENORMOUS ! Its is really big and stays in the center of your wrist without digging it or causing any pain. Unique styling also with its contemporary design, it features the corum logo on the keeper side and the corum emblem on the tooth (the thingy that goes in the holes :) ).

30816042370.jpg

Crystal: Saphire polygonal crystal with superb antireflection coating, not sure if its duble or single though.

30816042387.jpg

Dial: Crisp printing and vivid colours, i chose the black dial because the blue dial has the incorrect black day-datewheels. Mine does not suffer from day or date misalignment but one thing that really bothers me are the hands. They came scratched a bit probably from the "watch maker" setting them and also the minute hand lume has been sunk in a spot. Nothing you could notice staring the watch from my wrist though, but i intend to ask the dealer to send me a set of hands for future replacement.

There is no point to show you a pic of the lume because its standard rep lume, not bad after all but if you are anal about it modifying the watch in this part is necessary.

30816042461.jpg

Overall impression: This watch feels like gen. Period. I am so impressed with the quality of this one, it is just amazing. Not many people are familiar with this brand so i think it is a safe choice wearing this watch out in public, it can easily pass as gen even if you handle it to somebody.

I want to test it in terms of waterproofness and see how it goes, bad thing is my case opener cant get to open it as the slots on the caseback are too narrow, i have to grease the seals and the crown o ring.

If you are hesitant about buying this watch i suggest you buy it immediately, you wont be disappointed for sure!

I hope you like my review, please excuse my poor photographic skills.

Cheers

John

I have to wholeheartedly agree with your review I just recieved mine this past Saturday and I am totally impressed with the fit and finish on this watch. It really screams gen ( for near perfection send it out for AR and change the day/date wheels) it really is one impressive piece of hardwear. I've been wearing it non-stop since I got it and can't get over the quality, love the size big yet not overbearing, and not like wearing a brick on your wrist since it's Ti, I also highly recommend this watch it's definitely one of the better reps out there.

Make: CORUM

Model: Admirals Cup Competition

From whom did you buy it, John? TWP? :)

I fell in love with this watch the first time i saw it. A friend of mine from the gym had the rose gold bezel version so i handled the gen before the rep.

I wonder just how much our environment or acquaintances play a role in our covetting watches. A neighbour of mine had a La Do

nice review...thanks...but now it makes even harder to wait that mine comes from River...13 days since it was shipped, so i'd say another week and it's here...

judging from the pics the watch is gorgeus...and we know that pics never do justice of the real beauty when holding the watch in hands..

• 3 months later...

I only got to wear mine for a day before I had to get it in the mail to Ziggy...its getting a Chieftang AR and a Ziggy lume and service...since it came nicely with a big fat hair inside on the dial....

I can't wait to get it back with that AR and lume...its gonna be sweet....I too bought the watch based on the many positive reviews of it...I think its a very good rep.

cheers

I think that the datewheel maybe changed to those old Asian 7750 low beat. It looks very similar... but so far I have seen only with white background.

I just got the one in blue and it's gorgeous. I don't know about the date wheel but Corum is not a popular brand so you won't see too many gens around to compare it with. The blue is the perfect color to wear with jeans. It's real casual but beautiful as well. The strap and buckle are great as well.

Its one of my favorites, very super comfortable, it gets lots of people staring at your wrist :)

For sure one of my best - i'd like to get the AR upped to the new top end RWG standards.

Corum is one of my favorite brands, I'm glad they are doing high end reps for them.

this watch also made me really like rubber straps! :)