When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who has the worst submariner?

Terje

As a noob I naturally made the mistake of asking for the best sub in one of my first posts. I know better now. It could be fun though to see who has the worst sub. Not in terms of dealer, but owned by an individual. Do you have an awful inaccurate sub rep, a beat up old beast? Let`s see the pictures B)

Ok, I'll play. I don't have it anymore because I immediatly returned to Andrew when I received it. I ordered his 14060 based on the pics on his site (which showed a fairly decent 14060M). I received a total piece of crap. No lugholes, terrible fonts, bad rehaut and the list goes on. This watch is the reason I no longer buy from Andrew. He actually had the nerve to tell me this was a very accurate rep. :rofl:

3.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

Amateurs.

wt2-3.jpg

Found this pic from a local auction a few years ago. I think it's still the Champ. Actually it's a Day-Date, but that's just a printing error. This is Submariner alright, just look at the perfect crown guards. :lol:

I had the worst submariner ever...and it was a NIB gen. I bought it in Aruba in 1997 from an AD called Little Switzerland. You name it, I had it...mosture under the crystal, horrible time keeping and movement freezing up. During the flight home I was transfixed by fogging under the crystal...ahhhhh. Turns out the case back gasket was cracked. Paul's people must have been doing QC back then... :o Thank God the warranty covered the repairs. Dealing with the AD back home was a [censored]...what a bunch of [censored]... I traded the POS in for a used gold DD which I still have today. As a functioning timepiece my modded MBW 1680 has it all over the gen nighmare I had.

NEVER again did a buy new...