When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just received Bentley 6.75 - AR peeling off

halley

I received a Bentley 6.75 and at first the AR was magnificent, with a nice touch of blue...

But then later this morning I noticed that the blue hue peeled off with no reason, does anybody ever experienced this this is the first time an antireflective watch I own happens to peel like this, does anyone know how to prevent this?

thanks,

Halley

Edited by halley

No I've heard of this happening. AR coating is very durable, and hard to remove even with a piece of sandpaper. I would contact your dealer as it sounds like it is a fault with the crystal/coating that has been applied.

Second that. I think something went wrong with the coating process.

I'm thinking too about a problem during the coating, I don't have picture of it yet and I believe my 2MPixel cam phone will hardly capture the blue hue.

At first I tought the crystal was stained, like a bit greasy, but when I tried to remove the stain with a microfiber cloth, I notice the "stain" was bigger: it was in fact the AR coating that I was removing!!!!

I emailed the seller about it, it's just weird and a shame, it is one of the best watch I received out of the box, not a single fault on it (beside the date not being properly aligned of course). No answer so far.

I believe the crystal on the bentlley can be removed with the bezel making it easy to replace for anyone?

Thanks for the advices guys,

Halley

same exact thing happened to mine. it looked so bad after only a couple hours i had to remove the AR. it came off with soap and water!!!! :wacko:

I had the same issue as well. While on vacation in P.V., the A/R on my Omega GMT was fine in the ocean and pool. But once I got back to the hotel, I decided to wash the band with some soap and water. Ran the watch under the water to clean the band and next thing you know, the crystal on the inside got all fogged up. Came home from the trip to pop the bezel off and clean the crystal - too late - the A/R was wiped away.

Yes, the same happened on my 6.75 after a week.

Contacted the dealer and was offered to send back for a replacement. Had already heard of 2 others by then and already decided to have it double coated elsewhere so I kept it. Factory ar had the durability of water paint.

The bigdate is a fairly accurate piece, with a double ar & lume it`s real close. The red in the wheel is not as pronounced as in dealer pics.

wtf

AR paint? Yeah its prob just blue tinted paint they spray on or one of those "do it yourself" AR coatings for eye glasses

Alot of dealers are offering/selling double AR watches recently. Any possibility that this water-soluble AR is on the new watches like the VC, IWC inge, etc?

-bosk

Simple solution...Learn to live without AR coated crystals....Or if you ABSOLUTELY MUST have one....buy a genuine!!

I NEVER have any AR issues, simply because I never bother buying it on any reps....And guess what....I can STILL tell what time it is...even in direct sunlight!!!

This whole AR "fetish" that as cropped up in the past year or so is a constant source of amusement to me...

We used to worry that the crown etching on our crystals was msaligned, or that our winding crown had too many splines,and a whole litany of irrelevant drivel...now it's AR ..ROTFLMAO!! ;) ;) ;)

• 1 year later...