When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I Have a Very Serious Problem

freddy333

I began the day wearing the iconic Double Red, my daily beater

ItsJustaWatch2.jpg

While perusing TZ's 2 Rolex forums (modern & vintage), I come across a thread about a guy that bought his father in law a new Datejust. Beautiful watch. I am not sure why, but for some strange reason I felt compelled to unstrap the Double Red & strap on my trusty 16014

wgbezel.jpg

It felt good.

Then, further down, there is this thread about a guy who just bought a mint 1665 (a real beauty, check it out)

100_0320c.jpg

(This is a picture of the 1665 from TZ - note the rounded 3 date font, which matches exactly the stock MBW font in my Double Red)

So anyway back on goes the Double Red (again, do not ask me why)

Image38-1.jpg

It felt good.

And then further along, some guy posts pictures of his collection, which includes a few Newmans......so, you guessed it......off with the 1665 & on with a Newman

lunchhoustons3_1024.jpg

It felt weird. I felt like one of Pavlov's hounds, salivating every time the Rolex bell rang. So I removed the 6239, re-strapped the old beater to its rightful place on my wrist, which is where it belongs on an average workday

drsd008_1024zoom.jpg

and logged out of TZ.

I think I have a problem..........

That's the first step on the road to recovery, admitting you have a problem. Solve it by wearing a Chronomat or Planet Ocean, if you have those medications. That may help get you through the day. :D

I'm trying to get funding to start a watch program similar to methadone programs. I hope to achieve similar success rates. :blink:

Guest carlsbadrolex

I cant even imagine having enough time in the day to check in with RWG that often. Much less change the watch I am wearing... I choose a watch in the morning, and it stays put until at least late that evening. In some cases its still there on my wrist the next day.

Nice collection!!! Try one on each wrist next time you have the urge!

my intitial reaction was.." that's perfectly normal for our community"...and "what's wrong with that"... so i have come to the brilliant conclusion :rolleyes: .. that we all must be a little.. Obsessive Compulsive to some degree..YOU THINK???? ...at least we all gravitate to someplace where this behavior seems NORMAL.. :D

I think I know how to solve this. The problem as I see it is one of choice, and you my friend have too wide a choice. Now I can't stand to see a fellow human suffer in such a way so I am prepared - just this once - to help you out and thus relieve your pain. I will allow you to sell me one of the pieces. The Daytona for example - you know it will do you good, if the temptation is not there then you will be half way to being cured. Sure you may feel a little withdrawal at first but, believe me, after a while it will get better and you will no longer face the dilemma you describe. And to think I will have actually have paid you to cure you, where else can you get an offer like that! I know, I know, you're probably thinking that this gesture is just too kind but honestly don't worry about it, I am by nature a generous person and I derive alot of pleasure from seeing my fellow man returned to a life of comfort and health. So go on, do the right thing, you know in your heart of hearts it makes sense and I have only got your wellbeing in mind. After all, what are friends for?

I think I know how to solve this. The problem as I see it is one of choice, and you my friend have too wide a choice. Now I can't stand to see a fellow human suffer in such a way so I am prepared - just this once - to help you out and thus relieve your pain. I will allow you to sell me one of the pieces.

Diesel - That is just TOO kind of you, but I would never want to inflict my problems onto someone else, especially one as gracious & thoughtful as you. No, maybe I should join a convent & donate the watches to god......

Diesel - That is just TOO kind of you, but I would never want to inflict my problems onto someone else, especially one as gracious & thoughtful as you. No, maybe I should join a convent & donate the watches to god......

.....You called? DrHydro's Convent & Sanctuary for the Time-Challenged has just opened its massive oaken doors (look at those knockers, BTW- a matched pair of HBB Ceramics, freshly donated by TTK, who is also one of our first inmate- uh, novitiates-)

and stands ready to accept you into its velvety folds. Here you will find forgiveness, safe haven (no access to nasty rep watch forums, etc) and acceptance of your transgressions (not to mention your watches.) ;);):wub::closedeyes::bow_arrow: :cloud9:

.....You called? DrHydro's Convent & Sanctuary for the Time-Challenged has just opened its massive oaken doors (look at those knockers, BTW- a matched pair of HBB Ceramics, freshly donated by TTK, who is also one of our first inmate- uh, novitiates-)

and stands ready to accept you into its velvety folds. Here you will find forgiveness, safe haven (no access to nasty rep watch forums, etc) and acceptance of your transgressions (not to mention your watches.) ;);):wub::closedeyes::bow_arrow: :cloud9:

Doc, you almost had me there. But, strangely, just as I was about to inquire as to whether your Sanctuary offers room/concierge service, cable tv and a pool.......

God sent me a sign

Cosmograph-Daytona.jpg

And then He said, in that inimitable voice that only he (and Chuck Heston) has, 'Get thee to your local AD, cleanse your soul and sin no more.'

And who am I to argue with the Big Guy........

I'm headed to TZ to check out that GW 1665- it looks too MBW to me! The OCD's there have probably already yanked it!

Here is the link

TZ 1665 on top, my Double Red on bottom

100_0320c.jpgDoubleRed003.jpg

My watch has a superdome while the TZ watch has a hi-rise flat-top, so there is a slight difference in the way the images appear around the perimeter of the dials.

I read the deal on this re-case of the GW, but it's still spooky. Still doesn't explain the round 3, although I've seen that date font on 1575 movts before- like my gen 1500 Date from 1966.

But it's still weird. Too close to a MBW!

When you first suggested a possible MBW connection, I went looking again. At first I thought you may be onto something, but then I noticed 2 things - first, the case looks thicker than the MBW, and second, the Hev is located a millimeter or so higher than on the MBW (and that is generally a sign of a gen case). So it may be just as the TZ gentleman claimed - a gen 1665 that was recased with gen parts in 1999, but unworn since that time.