When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ziggy has out done himself!

JoJo35

:p What can I say, I was completely awestruck when I took a look at what he sent me. I while ago, I sent my MBW 1665 up to The Zigmeister (I had originally bought this watch from Robi when he offered it up for sale, with the money going to help his friend in Croatia).

The watch was already gorgeous when I got it, with drilled lugs, cg's modded, gen crown and tube, perfectly aged case back & case, and 2846 movmt)

I couldn't help but strive for perfection, so I sourced a gen tropic 39 superdome, a gen 1570 mvmt with a silver date wheel, and a gen 93150 heavy oyster.

The Zigmeister did the rest, and the results are simply fantastic. This watch is built as an early white letter, with superdome (correct, as I have seen gen white letters with it) and a factory straight font caseback (and it is true, back in the day if they had parts laying around, they used them up).

Here's some amateur pics I just took. The watch looks right at home laying there next to my dry suit and aqua lung reg.

IMG_1560-1.jpg

IMG_1561.jpg

IMG_1562.jpg

IMG_1559.jpg

IMG_1557.jpg

IMG_1556.jpg

that watch looks fantastic, certainly The Zigmeister did an awesome job. I need to get me a 1665 and install the 1570 that I have.

I wonder how hard is to install it, does it require to modified the case. Maybe The Zigmeister can answer those question.

Wear it well

Just out of curiosity, how much do all of the upgrades costs?

Here's a really rough estimate on just the parts:

MBW 1665: about $300

gen crown & tube: $45 give or take a few bucks

gen insert w/acrylic pearl: $150

springbars: $10

gen superdome: $200 to $300

gen movement: $1000

gen bracelet: $600

So, that brings us close to $2400, which of course does not include installation/casework etc.

These prices will vary of course since most of it is used or NOS; however, as Jetsons mentioned earlier, it's still better than $14 grand!

Amazing watch, i think you can consider as a genuine now.

PS.Where do you dive?Star?

Thanks for the compliment on the watch. I have dove all over the world, although one of my favorite dives is the "devil's throat" in Cozumel.. heh heh.. 80 degree Fahrenheit water temps at 120' depth. Here's a link to where I dove last, definitely dry suit territory, with water temps at 120' depth in the low 40 degree Fahrenheit range:

http://njscuba.net/sites/site_submarines_2.html

A true piece of art! Compliments to you and master Ziggy :wub:

Still nobody answered to Manuel's question about how the gen movmt fits into the MBW case ...

There was a post several months ago about a protocol to modify the case that did not involve milling the inside on a metal lathe. Someone took a file and patiently and I suppose evenly filed the inside of the case to depth to accept a genuine movement. Ziggy commented in that thread that the only way he knew to modify a case in such a fashion was on a lathe which he does not have so my guess is that this case came to him ready to accept the genuine movement and had already been modified by the owner.

• 2 weeks later...

really nice...I saw on RWI that you have some RBJ modded Rolex as well...but this is the real deal, isn't it?

The Zigmeister is really the master...all the work he does is simply amazing...no space left to any kind of mistake...

enjoy your watch!

Edited by dadog13