When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

curious on what price you pay for Fuel

lanikai

with the holiday's upon us .. it is inevitable that there is all of a sudden a shortage of crude.... here in Hawaii the cost of driving went up 25 cents a gallon in under 2 weeks and it will go up again another 25 cents within the next 2 weeks..

What do you pay in your country and does that curtail your traveling?.. myself, I put on 3000 Miles a month .. so i usually read something while the pump is sucking money out of my wallet.. i am up to 87 usd every three day's now... how about you <_<

Edit:..3/20/08 .. regular... now @ $3.55 usd and rising daily

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fuel is cheap! One of these is $2.50 USD and it gets me all the way to work on my mtn bike.

Of course I have to do this all over again in the evening for my ride home... :whistling:

:lol:

Here it's US$1.45 a litre; that's $5.50 per US gallon, $6.60 for a UK gallon.

That's for crap fuel too (below UK regular octane); decent cars need 'premium'.

It fluctuates during the week, today is a cheap day. It will probably spike another 15% later in the week.

But I'd take these prices over the UK any day of the week. When I last went back, I thought there was a hole in the bottom of the fuel tank when the bowser hit 60 pounds (US$125 at current exchange rates)

What do you pay in your country and does that curtail your traveling?

SoFla is like Los Angeles -- no car, you're dead. Busses only go to high traffic routes, and they're spaced an hour apart. The Metrorail (elevated subway) we have is a white elephant, which only goes lengthwise, not zig-zagging the city and has relatively few stops.

weddingcakepmht3.jpg

So I fuel up A LOT. However, I always keep it half-tankfull. Today I spent $20 for that (presumably then U$40 per a Merc's full tank). EDIT: I get about 28 mpg on that, since I take I-95 and other speedways a lot.

I also use this:

http://www.gasbuddy.com/

(Gives you prices of local stations, in the US/Canada)

I spent $3.09 per gallon for midgrade today at an out-of-the-way Chevron station I know. Not too bad given the outrageous prices. I patronise Mobil/Chevron by choice, but don't snub my nose at Liberty, USGas, and other cheapo stations these days. For reasons you can imagine, which let's not go into, I boycott Citgo. They're fairly cheap, but their quality is abysmal.

Gasbuddy has this interesting fact sheet:

Local Price Snapshot

Today 3.200

Yesterday 3.187

One Week Ago 3.130

One Month Ago 2.855

One Year Ago 2.244

For those unsure of many gallons per litre, and vice-versa, there are almost 4 litres per gallon (3.78).

New England Gas Prices

Reg $305

Prem $320

Super Prem $330

My V8 Touareg is gulping close to $105 p/week

That's actually fairly decent for up there, I think, no? BTW, Miami Beach petrol stations are considerably more expensive than Miami, because we have higher local taxes than just 1 mile down the road to downtown Miami. Our insurance is almost 25% more too. I hate that.

filleruprollieddye3.jpg

But I'd take these prices over the UK any day of the week. When I last went back, I thought there was a hole in the bottom of the fuel tank when the bowser hit 60 pounds (US$125 at current exchange rates)

Can you imagine what this poor basket would pay in the UK?

carwingssp1.jpg

Maybe it just flaps its wings...

One problem with comparing fuel costs is people seem to forget to put the unit in with the price. Then, when the UK guys see a Gallon, they think it's the same Gallon the world over (it isn't).

Here's a global chart of fuel costs, all keyed to the same unit:

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/

Us diesel user thought we could get away with cheaper fuel. Actually it is cheaper, but its gone up almost a 100% since 2003. Here in Vienna, I used to pay EUR 0.64 cents for a liter of diesel. Now I pay EUR 1.19 a liter. Petrol is about EUR 1.25 to 1.35 a liter depending on the octane.

Sucks ass.

Here's a global chart of fuel costs, all keyed to the same unit:

http://money.cnn.com/pf/features/lists/global_gasprices/

Thanks for the link!

However, I see one very definite problem with these conversions. For example, in the case of the country I know very well:

Brazil Brasilia $3.12

Yes, that is true. But that may be the OFFICIAL conversion of the currency, from the Real to U$ Dollar. But Brazilians themselves cannot get that rate of exchange. Instead they get the 'paralelo' rate, which is much higher.

Thus, in real terms, it's about U$5-6 per (US) gallon, as I mentioned in my lengthy reply to llsteve80 once.

And which NPR (National Public Radio) once confirmed, as well.

If this is the case with one country, you can better believe it's the case with others who have a similar "parallel" conversion of their moneys into foreign currency.

Norway's got more hills than the Netherlands.. ..but do the downhills compensate for the uphills?

Not that it's something to brag about, but the actual price in my town last week was $8.50 pr us gallon or 12.49kr pr liter.

The Jeep Cherokee I had did 8,7 mpg.. That hurt.

gasvv3.jpg

Us diesel user thought we could get away with cheaper fuel. Actually it is cheaper, but its gone up almost a 100% since 2003. Here in Vienna, I used to pay EUR 0.64 cents for a liter of diesel. Now I pay EUR 1.19 a liter. Petrol is about EUR 1.25 to 1.35 a liter depending on the octane.

Sucks ass.

Know what you mean .. my buddy's boat now is costly to run.. used to tkw it to the neighbor islands.. and deep sea fishing... then Bam it gets too costly to have fun <_<

:lol:

Here it's US$1.45 a litre; that's $5.50 per US gallon, $6.60 for a UK gallon.

That's for crap fuel too (below UK regular octane); decent cars need 'premium'.

It fluctuates during the week, today is a cheap day. It will probably spike another 15% later in the week.

.. Makes 3.28 usd a gallon for regular.. seem cheap huh?.. everytime i think of liter i see me drinking a 1.5 liter of water in no time.. man the cost of european travel...

I met with bikers from Germany once and they explained what it takes to get a operators license.. at the time it was about 6000 usd... that doesn't even include the motorcycle :rolleyes:

My fuel is cheap! One of these is $2.50 USD and it gets me all the way to work on my mtn bike.

Of course I have to do this all over again in the evening for my ride home... :whistling:

6455702_BG1.jpg

Told stories of battery heated gloves for Harley's.. heated handle bars.. and even guy's puttin outriggers on their harley's... geezzz... I will stay in the tropics where we think 69 degress is freezing..

I posted this yesterday and regular gas was 3.28.09 usd/gal. here. by yesterday afternoon it was 3.31.09 usd/gal... give it a day or two and at 4 cents a day .. we should be right where the oil companies that project 40 billion usd profit this year want to be..

geezz only 36 or 38 BILLION in profit last year.. :huh:

Today I filled up and it was 104.4 litre for regular. Premium was 114.4. My owners manual, as well as the sticker on my fuel cover say my motor requires premium fuel, so I fill up with the pricey stuff. Fortunately, I am required to have a vehicle for my gig, so I can expense my fuel, but we have recently been restricted to no-Friday fill up. I guess too many were filling up for the weekend, then filling up again on Monday. I usually only go through a tank a week, and rarely drive on the weekends.

and yes nanuq, you can't really lose by investing in energy right now! Canada is booming in the energy sector, especially with the oil sands.

easy just dont buy suv and big cars that use lots of gas ;)

in norway our prices on gas are sick because we pay alot on all things related to driving not only gas..You in the US shoud not complain come to our country your prices on cars and gas is 50-60% of from what we must pay here.