When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best in show...2007!

UB7

The new year is creeping up, can't wait to see what the factories have in store for 2008... Lets see/hear about your favorite purchase/favorite watch of 2007...I'll get it started with one of the best out of the box rep's ever made (IMO) with a Omega SMP chrono

Here's mine

PB300929_3.jpg

BT's from the Omega guide(hope you don't mind :D)

2379-7541.jpg

Sec@6 Daytona..I know the movement is shaky but I've had no problems with the 2 that I have. The accuracy of the dial is remarkable and overall has a great finish, if you forget about the movement this is 1 accurate rep

PA110209_2.jpg

So what was your favorite watch or purchase of 2007?

Well....Since you asked, and it is not news to anyone here, the RG ceramic HBB is my best rep choice for 07. I got a few others, and have much fondness for them however this one is something special.

dsc04849gt8.jpg

I would have to say the SFSO although my personal favourite is the IWC GST, I can't rate the Big Bangs as one needs to factor cost and quite simply for the money that was asked for them they should have been far superior.

Ken

Great thread idea!

SMP Chrono is definitely one of the best ever. However, I purchased mine October, 2006 so it doesn't count.

I have four (or actually five) remarkable watches that I got 2007. I bought many more, but these will stay:

SFSO: Needs no introduction. King of the rep divers.

1c.jpg

TAG Aquaracer chronograph: A watch that I have always wanted. The rep surely didn't disappoint.

1.jpg

"Noob" GMT Master II's: Best 16710 rep ever. I had to get 2 of them. :D

1a.jpg

Franken white Explorer II: Another Rolex I always wanted. Finding the proper version took ages, but it's on my wrist now.

2.jpg

Best not to talk about the BCE, By-Tor, the loss is still fresh... :p

That's the problem, some really nice ones like the BCE and the MBK PP Nautilus are with new homes. Certain watches aren't going anywhere, like the MBK ROO and the Big Bang.

Your timing, if you decide to pick up an Evo, might actually serve you well. I think they've re-done the Evo's, at least that's what I've been led to believe.

The AR on the newer ones is supposedly better and the dials are supposedly correct now. I like the Evo, but the space in my collection for sports chronos is limited to three or four watches. The HBB, Cousteau and AP ROO are stalwarts. I decided to pare down the chronos and re-direct the funds into a couple of vintage MBW's.

Great thread idea, UB7! My cream of the crop of 2007:

THIRD PLACE - Hublot Big Bang in RG (50€)

hbbrosegoldrairu1.jpg

SECOND PLACE - Davidsen "Ultimate" Panerai 127 (USD420)

299990-3005.jpg

(Modeled by a friend here)

FIRST PLACE - Davidsen "Ultimate" Panerai 112 (USD420)

bringingpam112senapeue0.jpg

HONOURABLE MENTION - Silix SS Rolex Datejust with Roman Numerals (28€)

rolexdjromannumeralsleans5.jpg

This was the breakout year for brands other than Rolex and Panerai. My favorite out of the box reps in 2007 are the BCE, HBB Mellow Yellow, Pilot 3717 and MBW Nautilus. It was also the year of break-out prices and slow down in ETA based reps. Can't show any pictures though. None of them are still in out-of-the-box condition. :yeah:This was the breakout year for brands other than Rolex and Panerai. My favorite out of the box reps in 2007 are the BCE, HBB Mellow Yellow, Pilot 3717 and MBW Nautilus. It was also the year of break-out prices and slow down in ETA based reps. Can't show any pictures though. None of them are still in out-of-the-box condition. :yeah:

Honestly, you could have shut down the competition six months ago. There hasn't been much in the way of new releases recently. The watches that are being talked about are almost all produced or released in the first few months of the year.

I'm honestly not as excited about '08. I don't think it will be as good as this past year. It's hard for me to imagine something topping the ceramic HBB.

I think the pasat year has been outstanding for new reps, we have seen every thing from cheep asian Chopard GT to the super expencive HBB and every thing in between that we have called "super", a new rolex that diect from china took gen parts and survived the deep with the gen. We have been blessed this year and spoilt for choice but if i had to then for me:-

What i own

SOSF

Ingy

What i would like to own

Slevin

super seadweller

and many more

This has been a fantastic year for reps. So many great nominations for this year. Here are some of my top picks:

SFSO

Super Sea Dweller

Santos 100 Chrono

PAM 253 Regatta

SMP Chrono

Bentley 6.75 Big Date

Chopard Mille Miglia Chrono

IWC Cousteau

IMG_0236.jpg

Puretime's 111E and the 3717 are also great.

111E3.jpg

3717-1.jpg

Although I have not purchased any new watches this past year, I have completed a number of major rebuilds of older and/or project watches that some might now refer to as new watches.

But I have taken note of a number of beauties that other members have added to their collections. 2008 should be a very interesting year, indeed.

I agree that this past year brought in some of the best we have seen in a while.

Honorable "OOB" mentions from my collection are:

3717 Pilot Chrono

SuperOcean Steelfish

3719 Aquatimer "Slevin"

MBW Nautilus (still in transit but already a legend)

DSN PAM 232 with new Dial and hands