When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What watch(es) you'd like to see replicated in 2008?

By-Tor

When I started this subject about a year ago, I mentioned the HBB, Steelfish SuperOcean, Chronomat Evolution, Aquaracer chrono and Sea Dweller (among others).

Well... they all got replicated. I was a bit disappointed with the SSD and never got one. But they did excellent work with the Evo, SFSO, HBB and Aquaracer for sure.

I don't have many watches I'd like to have anymore... but there are a few awesome brands they have negleted.

1. Zenith El Primero Flyback "Rainbow"

Now this watch probably isn't everyones cup of tea, but I would LOVE to see one Zenith repped properly... why not Flyback Rainbow, which I think has potential to sell really well.

It's also available in b/w, and it'd be more conservative choice... but it's the crispy colors that again work for me.

Rainbow.jpg

B122_Zenith_rainbow_1.JPG

2. Ebel 1911 BTR Chronograph

Well this is probably the watch that everyone agrees with: it's utterly amazing, and it should definitely get replicated with the 7750 heart. Actually the whole BTR series is absolutely kick ass. I owned the quartz BTR from Reg, which was really nice... but come on, we need the high end versions now.

1911BTR-chrono.jpg

1911BTR.jpg

Maybe these couldn't be done 1:1 due to potential subdial spacing issues, but at least they would be well enough.

3. Rolex GMT 1675

There's not one single reason why they couldn't replicate this simple watch. The gen uses the "wrong" hand stack (GMT hand below the hour hand) without the hour hand "jump" system. Very basic, easy watch to replicate... the gen doesn't even have adjustable GMT hand.

I'm not holding my breath though.

1675.jpg

box8a3jm.jpg

What are your Christmas/New Year wishes?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now that seconds at 3 movements are available,a decent tag heuer steve mcqueen would be nice for '08It's the watch that got me into the rep game in the first place
Same for me, but wouldn't the 7750 seconds @3 be a bit too thick? The Monaco is only 13mm.....

But I keep dreaming of 'super reps' of these :

- JLC Master Hometime

- TH Monaco Chrono Black

- L&S Grand Langematik

post-4081-1198581775_thumb.jpg

post-4081-1198581794_thumb.jpg

post-4081-1198582979_thumb.jpg

I actually forgot to mention this:

I wish they'd make the final, "ultimate" version of 42mm Planet Ocean with double-AR. I sold my UPO, which I initially liked, but later it started to feel oversized, clumsy and unbalanced. I'd love to have the smaller version.

By-Tor i have to disagree about the SSD.....its a great rep!Thats just my opinion.......when i held the gen and rep on my hand...Btw this is an offtopic opinion.

So....to get to the point the only watch i would like to see replicated is the new big size case GMT master 2 ceramic.

But the most important is the new big case to be 1/1.

Thats all.

I will take a PAM292 and a JLC reverso chrono please. Agree to the 104 but need that Carbon fibre dial and all the trimings please.

DOH! Clearly I actually want a PAM140 , though a 104 would be nice, also the JLC chrono is the Squadra worldtime.

Edited by stormtooper4

What are your Christmas/New Year wishes?

Hey By-Tor,

I like the Zentih idea, I love the Ebel idea, and personally I am sick of Rolex's.

I think too much time has been spent on Rollies. We already have great and near perfect reps of more than one kind of Rolex. I think it's time to start focusing on other watch brands.

I would like to see some Breitling for Bentley's done properly. With Proper coloring, allignment, AR, etc...

I would like to see an HBB with ceramic bezel for the same price as any other good rep.

I would like to see a nice Breguet rep done properly.

And I would also like to see a good Ulysse Nardin rep, but that is unlikely do to the chrono positions and complications of UN's.

Let's see how many of these wishes come true :p

Here's an easy one. Get the factory that makes the 5517 ETA Submariner case to drill lugholes and use springbars rather than fixed bars. Create a good 5512 and 5513 dial and install the correct style case back.

That's it. A cn vintage Sub that accepts gen crystals and dials. :D

We could be moding $150 Subs rather than having to find a MBW.

Edited by predfan2001