When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What watch(es) you'd like to see replicated in 2008?

By-Tor

1. a correct sandwich dial font for the 111h, 112h and 177h with a properly fonted and colored wording on the movement.

2. Maurice Lacroix Pontos Decentrique GMT--maybe the most beautiful watch ever made!!!!!

http://www.mauricelacroix.com/index.php?p=...;info=movements

3. Maurice Lacroix Pontos reserve de marche--i'd settle for this in a heartbeat!!

http://www.mauricelacroix.com/index.php?p=...;info=movements

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see this one:

3548005llc7.jpg

Strongly feel that this one should have been done before the chrono...Fewer variable, and lower selling price would have meant a higher probability of successs - Better than the lukewarm reception that the Slevin received.

and the big pilot.

Yes...I would love to see the BP done correctly....but until that happens...the Steinhart LE Flieger with center seconds in at 47mm is very nice although it ain't cheap....almost 1900 bux..... :o

Like I mentioned before, I am not going to hold my breath waiting for a good Ulysse Nardin rep, do to the chrono positions and complications of UN's, etc...

But who can look at these watches (or almost any UN watch for that matter) and not be in complete awe.

Beware: You will drool if you look at these pics! :p

post-8935-1198613750_thumb.jpg post-8935-1198613764_thumb.jpg post-8935-1198613776_thumb.jpg post-8935-1198613787_thumb.jpg post-8935-1198613799_thumb.jpg post-8935-1198614065_thumb.jpg post-8935-1198614178_thumb.jpg post-8935-1198614830_thumb.jpg post-8935-1198616429_thumb.jpg

Is there anybody here who holds enough clout with rep manufacturers to get them to rep a Ulysse Nardin ? :wub:

Edited by andyking18

Like I mentioned before, I am not going to hold my breath waiting for a good Ulysse Nardin rep, do to the chrono positions and complications of UN's, etc...

Is there anybody here who holds enough clout with rep manufacturers to get them to rep a Ulysse Nardin ? :wub:

So, you're not in love with this gem offered from PC?

1.jpg

:rolleyes:

Hi,

from my side, I would love a good replica of the Montblanc Stars series, especially the Chrono XL. Same quality as they did the Timewalker.

Actually the MB Star was my first rep, so it has also some kind of sentimental value :-) But current ones are really lame...

We have already a few things to have a good rep : 7750 layout, hands and buckle, even the existing rep bracelets are not that bad.

son2038rb2.jpg

son2039ol5.jpg

son2041tr3.jpg

Make it for less than 300 dollars, I'd buy it in a minute.

Patek 5970 :wub:

59701qj6.jpg

Cheers,

Brad

Hahaha... keep dreaming Brad... this is my favorite watch in the whole wide world actually. There is no way that this could be repped... absolutely no way. The only option would be to disable most of the features but then it would be pretty useless. But keep dreaming... I'll keep fingers crossed for both of us haha!

My picks are a little tamer, but the below are watches that I know many people would love to own. Frankly I'm stunned that they haven't been repped yet.

1. Patek Philippe 5146

pp5146_1g.jpgpp5146j.jpg

-Available in many different versions, makers could re-use parts to make many versions and maximize their distribution... and profit!

-Features are possible in available movements!

-One of the most desirable wristwatches on the planet... would sell at insane speed!

2. Blancpain Le Brassus Calendar

20407.jpgblancpain605_2.jpg

-Where have we seen these complications before?? That's right, on countless Asian 21J reps! This would be very easy to make movement-wise!

-How many accurate Blancpain reps exist? If you said "zero" - then you're my hero! Imagine how well the only available one would sell. Dealers could easily over-price it and they would still fly off the shelves... everyone loves Blancpain, but nobody sells them!

-The case could be re-used to make other models... that's superior efficiency!

3. Rolex Daytona with reliable seconds at six movement.

Rolex_Daytona_Swiss_Replicas.jpg

-"Corgi, what are you, simple? Dont we already have countless Daytonas available?" I hear you cry... but how many of us have experienced woe with the movement? Very many. A reliable model (the technology is already available for this) would let Daytona fans upgrade their collections, and let all of the worried buyers like myself finally get a taste of this prestigious watch!

-Literally everything is available; cases, dials, hands, and even the movement can now be created a-la Breitling seconds-at-3. It's just a question of putting it all together!

-This would be a great way of replica officials to finally be able to ship out Daytonas without having to worry about disgruntled customers wanting re-funds after they arrive dead. Also arguments after they die in a few months could be completely circumvented. Incredible.

I would be happy to buy all three of the above watches if they were ever repped correctly. The shocking thing is that it hasn't happened yet!

I hate to rain on our parade even though I'd love to own reps of almost every single one of the watches posted so far. Trouble is 90% of them can't and won't ever be repped. El primeros? Patek's annual calandar movement? JLC's Dual timezone movement? 2894's? Dubuis manufacture chrono movements? Sorry, I'll own a gen sky moon tourbillon before copies of those movements are ever touched by human hands. I hear they're working on a big pilot movement, but I'll believe that when it arrives by EMS.

The good news is that there are plenty of sweet, high end watches that can be made with existing rep movements and sold at under 10% of gen prices--after modding. I submit the 11 grand Blancpain 50 fathoms and the 10kMuller Casablanca Chrono:

ON EDIT: It will be happy New year indeed, though, if they would just fix the A's on all exisiting PAM rep dials!!

post-53-1198685387_thumb.jpg

The good news is that there are plenty of sweet, high end watches that can be made with existing rep movements and sold at under 10% of gen prices--after modding. I submit the 11 grand Blancpain 50 fathoms and the 10kMuller Casablanca Chrono:

ON EDIT: It will be happy New year indeed, though, if they would just fix the A's on all exisiting PAM rep dials!!

I'll drink to that!