When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What watch(es) you'd like to see replicated in 2008?

By-Tor

Great thread idea, By-Tor! :tu:

Been thinking about this since I saw your post yesterday. I can only come up with one. Wish there were a $98 Andrew-type special version of the ladies Bedat & Co Concept B3 watch with bling.

bedatncoconceptor2.jpg

Not an expensive watch. They run $3000 new, and around half that used on Fleabay. But it's lovely.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ceramic Radiomir is a watch I would love to see made into a rep. I am told that it is in the works, although it may be pricey. Ceramic watches are an expensive endeavor.

1178101802053pam00292scji2.jpg

For me I would love to see the JLC Master Compressor (needn't have all the features in working condition).

957e0b47.jpg

Next, will be the AP Royal Oak Offshore Alinghi (the material of the casing might be tough to rep but if like the EOD also good enough...).

AP_award02.jpg

Moving on, will be the AP Royal Oak Offshore Volcanoe.

APROOVolSOF.jpg

I don't mind wearing this to work too, another AP.

AP_award01.jpg

And this Pam watch the Radiomir Black Seal in ceramic (can be in pvd I don't mind...). Think someone here also wants this too!

1178101802053_PAM_00292_sch1.jpg

Cheers! Early Happy New Year greetings to all of you!

I hate to rain on our parade even though I'd love to own reps of almost every single one of the watches posted so far. Trouble is 90% of them can't and won't ever be repped. El primeros? Patek's annual calandar movement? JLC's Dual timezone movement? 2894's? Dubuis manufacture chrono movements? Sorry, I'll own a gen sky moon tourbillon before copies of those movements are ever touched by human hands. I hear they're working on a big pilot movement, but I'll believe that when it arrives by EMS.

You can't blame us guys for having dreams ;)

And a dream that shouldn't be hard to realise: a 111/112 sandwich dial with correct 'A', off white fonts, correct shape of 3, 6, 9 & 12 and correct size and position of the L SWISS MADE L. But someway I have the feeling that it will be easier to realise the Sky Moon Tourbillion rep than a correct PAM sandwich dial, hahaha.

I would love to see a rep using the ETA 2894 movement. There are now many rep watches with ETA 7750 movements, I would like to have one with the 2894 movement (it's smaller & lighter than the 7750 and has 37 jewels). The price of the movement from Ofrei is approx $430 while the 7750 goes for approx $390.

Here is the link if anyone is interested:

http://www.ofrei.com/page240.html Valjoux 7750

http://www.ofrei.com/page_183.html ETA 2894

Therefore, the price of a rep using this movement shouldn't be more than the $750-800 being charged for the ETA 7750 models. I can't think of any watches that use this movement off the top of my head (except the TAG monaco which I don't like). I think it would make a great Omega Planet Ocean Chrono rep ... even if the subdial arrangement and pusher-2-crown level isn't correct. (the 2894 has small seconds at 3-o-clock & the pushers are lower than the crown). But ... you would have one of the best looking watch designs with one of the best (reasonably priced) movements available. The subdials on the 2894 are closer together so this would reflect the genuine's spacing better. A Pam submersible rep would also be really cool. I would pay 1K for either of these reps.

On a tangent, I would also love to see a Hublot Bigger Bang if that could be repped for a reasonable price (probably not).

Edited by stang

After reading more, I agree with Andyking's earlier posts. I adore Ulysse Nardin watches too. Overall, I think UN makes the most unique and beautiful watches of any manufacturer. Sporty yet classic, masculine but not monsterous, contemporary and traditional at the same time! I love their use of colors, metals and design. The Royal Blue Tourby and the Sonata are unbelieveably beautiful watches IMO.

I've decided on my dream rep...

The Marine Chronograph using the ETA 2894 movement (same base mvt as the gen). I'd prefer it in gold (plating), w/ the blue dial, blue rubber strap and gold "bars" on the strap. This watch could easily be 99% accurate in appearance and function. The min counter on the gen is calibrated for 45 min while the base 2894 is 30 minl. This may be an easy fix mechanically (?) or just have the dial correct and the user would have to mentally calculate the correct # of minutes passed. Exampl:. dial reads 20 min so 20/1.5 = 13.3 min actually elapsed.

Price should be around $1K, which I would pay w/o hesitation if executed (repped) properly.

I am praying and praying and praying....

I guess I have pretty original taste. Am I the only one who loves the Zenith Rainbow? :)

Yeah, it's clumsy. But guys, it's also extremely sporty, handsome, rugged and "crispy". And it's the El Primero. Mother of chronograps. Daytona is for the "new money" yuppies, this is for real WIS. We have to get this one repped.

B122_Zenith_rainbow_1.JPG