When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Mini-gtg In Melbourne... =)

Quarks

Well, swdivad and I chatted a couple of times via PM and finally we managed to arrange a last minute get-together just a few hrs ago. Through a miscommunication on my part, I arrived at the venue to know that I was at the wrong place :bangin: and finally arrived about 20mins late to see swdivad at the table sipping a bottle of corona. :)

Walking through the Mexican restaurant, I immeditely noticed swdivad's gen PAM091 gleaming on his wrist. What a brilliant watch. The anthracite dial is just amazing. The AR coating together with the dial reflects off different shades of purplish colour which is totally mesmerising. We went on to have some nachos and some beer to go along with the watches. I brought a bunch of mine and swdivad brought his. I got to his see PAM212 and his tantalum strap. AMAZING. :) I compared the weight of his 212 to mine and there is quite a significant difference. His swiss 212 was heavier then mine, and his dial and relume looks awesome. Finepics did a wicked job on that. :thumbsupsmileyanim: We chatted for quite a bit about watches, straps, HKTAN, the forum, the dealers, his ongoing watch projects, etc. It was a wicked mini-GTG. Wished sennsi could join us but he had other committments.... ah well. Another time for sure.

I wanna thank swdivad for the Europelli strap, I wish I offer him something but my straps are very limited (not too big on collecting straps...YET.) and some of them are crappy. Ah well. Next time for sure. :) 187 maybe? hehe

Enough of blabbering, here are some pics to go with it.

I apologise for my poor photography skills as well as the poor lighting.

68655-33202.jpg

swdivad's Corona and my VB with PAM24 hanging on for dear life.

68655-33203.jpg

Cant see sh*t, so here comes the flash...... damn, too bright!!

68655-33204.jpg

wooohoooo... watches... table-full!

68655-33205.jpg

Another shot

68655-33206.jpg

...and another....

68655-33207.jpg

....some of the many straps that swdivad owns... w/ a genuine Rolex case box!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

68655-33208.jpg

.... some of swdivad's collection....

68655-33209.jpg

...another pic of it..

68655-33210.jpg

Some wrist shot with the collection of watches on the table... me: PAM196 with Metta strap; swdivad: the 187.

68655-33211.jpg

Now with flash..... at least we can see them much clearer... :victory: But too damn bright!

68655-33212.jpg

swdivad: You can kill somebody with this watch.... I agree :bicycle:

68655-33213.jpg

The Gens: PAM091 & PAM187 :Jumpy:

68655-33214.jpg

Trying hard to capture the essence of the 091 dial... it looks wayyyyy better real life!! Look at that crown!! *wipes mouth*

68655-33215.jpg

Gen. 187.. erm... no wait.. this is the rep.... erm... issit? Sh*t, I am confused. What is this one again? :3a:

68655-33216.jpg

My WM Vintage....

68655-33217.jpg

5218/201A with PAM091 :bleh:

68655-33218.jpg

5218/201A again...... :irvine:

Well, it was an awesome GTG. :thumbsupsmileyanim: We'll definitely do one together again. Maybe Ken can join us. :) We should have a bigger one next time if anyone in Melbourne is up for it. :gathering: It was awesome chatting up with swdivad.... till next time. :drunk:

YES :thumbsupsmileyanim: It was a great mini spur of the moment GTG... not even enough time to send out invites. Next time we'll be more organized :blink:

Anyway, there were watches abound... surely enough to rival any P gtg with more people :lol:

The watches were great, Quarks has quite the little (AND BIG) collection.The 187 from Japan looked great... I want one... But wait, from somewhere under the table he pulls out A GEN 187!!! :Jumpy: With kid gloves, Quarks handed it to me... with the plastic still on... I had this monster in my hands, I almost started to shake lol :thumbsupsmileyanim::bounce: ... I just gotta say... well you read it. That watch is a weapon!!! :bangin::bangin::bangin: What a surprise!

Anyway, also had a hold of the RXW BIG pilot chrono and a beautiful 28A power reserve that needs a good PVD job and will be a winner for sure! :thumbsupsmileyanim: The 187 surely has me thinkin' twice... may pull the trigger if they sort out the movement problems and stick a 7753 in that bad boy!

Good food (well, for australian nachos and tater skins) and great conversation was definately had! Even the waitresses were impressed with the collection :yeah:

Looking forward to the next with more of you Melbourne watch maniacs :yu:

haha yes, the waitresses were impressed:" Nice collection of watches, what are they?" lol

That WM Vintage there, I got it a couple months back. Havent got the chance to wear it.... sometime, maybe. The plexiglass makes me think twice cos I can be clumsy with watches.

We should def. do another more well-planned GTG. :)

azjgav, you should fly over here. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Heading over to Sydney tomorrow and will be checking out Farren Price and Hourglass and see what's up over there. Anyone from Sydney? I'll be there thurs, fri and leaving Sat afternoon.

Also, in 2 weeks time, heading back to Singapore. Trying and hook up a GTG there. Too bad Joshua wont be around that time... :g:

I only have one rep at the moment, an Omega Seamaster AT, gold on silver face, from King.

But would love to meet up with you gentlemen next time you have a Melbourne meet.

2 photos of my AT on this link: http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/mpurves01/Photos.html

This site is a work in progress and not promoted to the public as yet.

Cheers,

Mike

mikephotog

I only have one rep at the moment, an Omega Seamaster AT, gold on silver face, from King.

But would love to meet up with you gentlemen next time you have a Melbourne meet.

2 photos of my AT on this link: http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/mpurves01/Photos.html

This site is a work in progress and not promoted to the public as yet.

Cheers,

Mike

mikephotog

Might find a use for that large format printing! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Look forward to seeing some photos of the Omega - give Puggy and TTK a run for their money :lol:

That looks like a wonderful time was had, fantastic array of watches and yes Ken would love to join in a gtg, something that David and I discussed a long time back, unfortunately it wont be any time to soon as I don't travel very well due to my injury just yet and I can't drink because of all the bloody medication I'm taking :(

Ken