When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Start-Of-The-Week Wristcheck (14-15 Jan 2008)

Victoria

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been wearing this one for the past few days and today while I wait for delivery of a TT Daytona and an AP RO Offshore. It is my Rose Gold AP Wempe Diver on a gen alligator strap. There was a time when I loved a Datejust or Daydate but now just can not bring myself to wear a watch under 40mm. I still love the style of the Daydate and Datejust but I have been bitten by the bigger watch bug.

DSCN0446.jpg

YAYAYAYAYAY! RWG is back, w00t!

And what awaits our return but this rather dashing Wristcheck. Shades of a 1930s Ruritanian prince at the wheel of his Dusenberg, Doc. ;)

That was quite a wait huh? I almost got the shakes! I liked your radioactive Radiomir Victoria.

Freddy, my "other" replica is a 1958 Porsche Speedster, and the dash is it's most glaring flaw. Here's what it's supposed to look like: Blue%20Porsche%20Speedster%20Dash%202.jpg

And here are some bad shots of the car right after it came back from paint. I guess I need to take some better ones since I might have to sell it:

DSC00344.JPGrear%20quarter.jpgDSC00346.JPG

That was quite a wait huh? I almost got the shakes! I liked your radioactive Radiomir Victoria.

Freddy, my "other" replica is a 1958 Porsche Speedster, and the dash is it's most glaring flaw. Here's what it's supposed to look like: Blue%20Porsche%20Speedster%20Dash%202.jpg

And here are some bad shots of the car right after it came back from paint. I guess I need to take some better ones since I might have to sell it:

DSC00344.JPGrear%20quarter.jpgDSC00346.JPG

Awesome replica Doc!!!

Thanks Doc. The dash looked like a Cobra kit (I have built 2 of them), but the windscreen looked it came from an old MG or Jaguar, which is what threw me. Looks like a great ride.

@freddy333, which Cobra kits did you build?

Sorry, I do not remember the name of the company that made the kits, if that is what you are asking. But it was an AC Cobra copy

bcd_cobra10241.jpg

We specialized in vintage Jag & Triumph restorations, but the E-Type in the background was not one of ours.

And to keep it on topic, I wore this back then

datejust-tt.jpg

Sorry, I do not remember the name of the company that made the kits, if that is what you are asking. But it was an AC Cobra copy

bcd_cobra10241.jpg

We specialized in vintage Jag & Triumph restorations, but the E-Type in the background was not one of ours.

And to keep it on topic, I wore this back then

datejust-tt.jpg

427 Rep :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Freddy, one of my dream car (don't see a lot of it in France, even rep ..)

How is it powered ?

Arrived today: DSN PVD 111h on self made vintage (bad lightning)

2001799855094697814_rs.jpg

RATINGS. I want my RATINGS! :lol:

Just to say, there are SO many things I want to say about these photos -- Doc's Porsche kit car, Ryaku's great Seiko Monster, TeeJay's trainers, Avitt's bracelet shot (so "clean"), etc. but this one, PATerai, called to me.

Gold star for composition and wristcheckiness!

(What, it's a word)