When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do you Like Tudor?

Tribal

It's genuine. And what? :huh:

Don't take this the wrong way, it's a really nice watch, and at the core, we are all watch enthusiasts, but, this is a board for discussing REPS :lol:

What kind of comments are there to make? Crown guards look about right... ;) Dial printing looks crisp... ;) Datewheel lines up nicely... ;) It's not like there are flaws or tells to point out on gens ;)

I'm sorry, I really don't mean to sound harsh, but lately, people have been posting pics of gen watches, and while they're nice, they're not really the subject of discussion here. If it had been built from scratch from assorted gen parts, then that would be something more worthy of comment ;)

Wear it well :)

I really don't mean to sound harsh, but lately, people have been posting pics of gen watches, and while they're nice, they're not really the subject of discussion here.

I understand what you're saying, but I have to disagree. The classic question around rep watches is whether the expense is really justified, considering the quality, accuracy, and so on. When somebody gets a gen from a respectable brand, its always worth looking into. After all, if a rep owner buys a gen, that means it has to be really special. I know that with my budget I would buy a gen that really meant something to me - and I know it would be a purchase I would share with the community just for that reason.

This is a board for rep lovers - and so to many extents - it is thus a board for true watch enthusiasts. But primarily it is a board of friends, and Tribal has taken time out of his day to post some pictures for his friends - that's us - me and you. Gosh, I'm glad he did, because the watch is lovely and certainly worthy of accolade.

It's genuine. And what? :huh:

Don't take this the wrong way, it's a really nice watch, and at the core, we are all watch enthusiasts, but, this is a board for discussing REPS :lol:

What kind of comments are there to make? Crown guards look about right... ;) Dial printing looks crisp... ;) Datewheel lines up nicely... ;) It's not like there are flaws or tells to point out on gens ;)

I'm sorry, I really don't mean to sound harsh, but lately, people have been posting pics of gen watches, and while they're nice, they're not really the subject of discussion here. If it had been built from scratch from assorted gen parts, then that would be something more worthy of comment ;)

Wear it well :)

I know it's a Rep Forum and I have posted a lot of modded Rollies long Time before you joined in here ;)

So why not post a gen one?

For some here for reference,for me too share a nice watch with other Members and Friends...

I love to see watches from other Members Gen or not...

If you do not, your problem...

Only my opinion....

Edited by Tribal

I agree with Tribal. It's a breath of fresh air to see posts of gens and there have been some beauties and very rare pieces discussed on this forum. Besides, the best reps I have seen here are those that have been crammed with OEM parts. :whistling:

Great watch, Tribal. I :wub: Tudors which unfortunately are getting pricier by the day. I'm glad I jumped a couple of years ago. :D

106061324sv2.jpg

I like the Tudor subs better than Rolex, possibly because there is an automatic assumption that Rolex = fake. However the military dial / snowflake is my favourite and I just wish there was a good rep. I know that WM produced a few reps but the hands were too thick and the dial wasn't too accurate either. It's a shame that there isn't a good ETA rep of these because it shouldn't be too hard to do.

Very Nice Tribal, Star and Jetsons! Gen or rep -does it really matter we all share a passion for timepieces and I love seeing them all!

Now back to the subject at hand; did someone say Tudor's... I love Tudors. Some eyecandy with my gen snowflake 7014/0 and franken 7031/0.

DSCN4691.jpg

DSCN4709.jpg

DSCN4847-1.jpg

DSCN4846-1.jpg

TJ... you're probably not gonna be a member of a board about asian women if your not into women in general. I therefore sincerely hope that this board is first and foremost one for people who love watches...

as for Tudor....here's mine....

tudorsv5.jpg

Very Nice Tribal, Star and Jetsons! Gen or rep -does it really matter we all share a passion for timepieces and I love seeing them all!

Now back to the subject at hand; did someone say Tudor's... I love Tudors. Some eyecandy with my gen snowflake 7014/0 and franken 7031/0.

DSCN4691.jpg

DSCN4709.jpg

DSCN4847-1.jpg

DSCN4846-1.jpg

By the way, I own this one since many years....

Damm I like your Tudors,the Chrono looks damm nice,I love it.....

I saw some franken ones from MBW,but they where expensive

By the way, I own this one since many years....

Damm I like your Tudors,the Chrono looks damm nice,I love it.....

I saw some franken ones from MBW,but they where expensive

Your is fantastic, wear it well Tribal!

The Monte Carlo wasn't cheap either but is so unique and been a long-time favorite watch of mine that I couldn't pass it up.

Guest carlsbadrolex

I have owned just about every Tudor sport watch made... Including the Tiger Woods in three colors. I consider them the very best replicas available... And find it interesting that they were made by the same company that made the GEN.

I have always been amazed that rolex could market at sell both rolex and tudor at the same time. There really is no quality difference, and one is 1/2 the price of the other.

Great watches!!!

I understand what you're saying, but I have to disagree. The classic question around rep watches is whether the expense is really justified, considering the quality, accuracy, and so on. When somebody gets a gen from a respectable brand, its always worth looking into. After all, if a rep owner buys a gen, that means it has to be really special. I know that with my budget I would buy a gen that really meant something to me - and I know it would be a purchase I would share with the community just for that reason.

This is a board for rep lovers - and so to many extents - it is thus a board for true watch enthusiasts. But primarily it is a board of friends, and Tribal has taken time out of his day to post some pictures for his friends - that's us - me and you. Gosh, I'm glad he did, because the watch is lovely and certainly worthy of accolade.

That's cool, and to be honest, I know my post came across as harsher than I intended, even with saying that it wasn't intended harshly, I just feel that posting gen watches (other than wrist checks, naturally) kind of misses the point of a rep forum. Indeed, great for reference, always nice to see what others have, it just seems, to me at least, to be missing the point. I'm glad you understood my point, even if you disagree, as that at least means I was making some sense :lol:

I know it's a Rep Forum and I have posted a lot of modded Rollies long Time before you joined in here ;)

So why not post a gen one?

For some here for reference,for me too share a nice watch with other Members and Friends...

I love to see watches from other Members Gen or not...

If you do not, your problem...

Only my opinion....

As above... It came across harsher than intended, so absolutely, great to see other's watches, especially as reference.

As for why not post a gen one, well, that's what TZ is for :lol:

FWIW, I really like Tudors, and am really tempted to convert my decent Submariner to a Tudor. Only reason I haven't, is that I'd never wear it, and it's be a waste of my time and money. Maybe oneday though :)

TJ... you're probably not gonna be a member of a board about asian women if your not into women in general.

Bit of a false comparison though... Everyone here is into watches, some brands more than others, but overall, we are all here for a love of watches, but also, we're here because we collect reps (for whatever reason). To use your Asian Babes comparison, folks on an Asian Babes forum, while quite likely appreciating a pic of a Hispanic girl, are still peobably going to think "But we're here for the Asian Babes, not the Latin Lovelies..."

As above, my post came out harsher than intended, no offense was intended (I'd've hoped the liberal use of smilies would have demonstrated that)

Peace.

TMG has my favorite Tudor, the nodate Sub. It's the 5513 Sub of Tudors. The sad thing is that a few years ago when I didn't care for the Tudors, they were affordable.

Now I love them and the prices have skyrocketed.

All I have now is a franken rep Tudor. Maybe someday :mellow:

S6301014.jpg

Edited by predfan2001

Love the Tudor's Tribal. I have a few myself...

Glad there is no objections to Gens in the wristies from TJ, as my Gens of all makes outnumber Reps 450+ to 1.5, at the moment...

ElPrimero sells the ElPrimero and buys a Tudor Prince? Now that is... interesting.

Nice Zod-mariner there Pred. I have the same Hydro, probably giving that one to my son this year... missed out on a nice Red dial Zodiac-Tudor a couple of months ago when it went too high for my budget...