When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

21mm straps for 3717? Suggestions?

seadweller3

Look at www.waccex.de. They have 21 mm alligator grain.

I have gator straps from TWB for my pams. TWB have good straps considering the price and I will probably order a couple for my 3717 and Fa Jones as well.

Gen IWC gator straps cost about $300 so I guess they are not an option? You can also get the nylon soft strap for the Top Gun at about $250 (22mm).

Also try a search for "IWC straps" at fleabay. Some 21mm rep straps at $30 will show up.

I am looking for a dark brown 21mm croc/gator style strap for a 3717. Does anyone know a good source that won't break the bank? :D

The general wisdom here is the you should go for 22mm on the 3717, not 21, since 21 will leave some of the springbar exposed. I was cruising around on TZ yesterday and saw some excellent straps for the 3717. The Di-Modell ones looked particularly yummy - just search there for "pilot strap".

The general wisdom here is the you should go for 22mm on the 3717, not 21, since 21 will leave some of the springbar exposed. I was cruising around on TZ yesterday and saw some excellent straps for the 3717. The Di-Modell ones looked particularly yummy - just search there for "pilot strap".

I don't know where did you get that wisdom, but as a long time 3717 owner, I must tell you you are completely wrong. Measure of 3717 lugs IS 21 mm - and if you get 21mm strap it will fit perfectly. You can squeeze 22mm strap in, but it will be squeezed - I used to wear 22mm NATO on 3717 and it worked nice. But I doubt how would that work with some thick leather strap.

regards

I am looking for a dark brown 21mm croc/gator style strap for a 3717. Does anyone know a good source that won't break the bank? :D

Since no one has mentioned it, the premier 3717 strapmaker is Aaron Tan, known as HKTAN on the forums.

Eunomians has had his beautiful 3717 strap done by him. From what I can see, exceptional quality though not cheap.

Not too sure one can post his email openly, but a PM to HKTAN might do the trick. Please note, he recently had some personal problems and he is already famous for being a little tardy in his strapmaking. I've been told it's worth the wait, however.

I have tried 20 mm: leaves a gap. I have tried 22 mm: does not look good if the strap wrinkles. Go for 21 mm.

Another potentially good source (I have noot tried my self yet) is: www.steinhartwatches.de Check under "accessoires". They have nice pilot straps at a good price. They are 22mm but if not possible to squeze in it is probably possible to sand the edges some. I am surprised no one on the forum have mentioned these straps before. They really look great.

Edited by Niclas

I put a 22 MM and it fits perfectly.

Iwc3717PuggedARed_800_08.jpg

This Di Model is IMO probably the nicest 'casual' strap for this watch... waterproof and very well made. You can read about it here,

The Watch Prince

... but there are many sellers. Just make sure you get the 22mm and the right length for your wrist

BTW looks like the TWP link goes to a 20mm version?

They also have some issues with shipping to the US (do it for some models, not for others). I've found another source for these on TZ - just search their sales forum for a dealer called Walt. He was advertising them for $59.

• 1 month later...