When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Week Wrist Check - Jan 28-30!

hiker01

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing Victoria's photos of this one, I knew I had to get it :)

audemars010.jpg

YAY, you received it. Looks super-elegant, Demon! :wub:

This is a wonderful hobby, isn't it? I love how we inspire one another. And buying each other's watches is just too freaky. One day, you can wear or strap a watch you have seen many times on the Wristchecks!

Hi Deltatahoe. :p

@SZ1: Just saw it. VERY impressive.

I haven't been working for a little while, so I haven't actually been wearing any watches... but I have been cleaning, sorting, storing, admiring....

Anyway, since I haven't felt like eating for a while... (and Vic is providing the food shots today...) I'll slip into Freddy territory and cover...

Cover shots.

GUB & Grubby Tub...

GUB-MP.JPG

Hey Jimi, where ya' goin' with that Ghost on your hand?

Invicta-JimiH.JPG

Mono-tones for Mono-Stones.

Shefield-Stones.JPG

Enjoy.

I haven't been working for a little while, so I haven't actually been wearing any watches... but I have been cleaning, sorting, storing, admiring....

Anyway, since I haven't felt like eating for a while... (and Vic is providing the food shots today...) I'll slip into Freddy territory and cover...

Is everything alright?

Just got my custom made HBB!! I asked Angus to put a polished ceramic bezel on the "all gold" HBB, along with a smooth rubber strap (to match the smooth dial), and here's the rather impressive result (IMO)!

Wristshots044.jpg

Wristshots046-1.jpg

Wristshots045-1.jpg

The HBB has never been one of my favorite watches, indeed, often, quite the reverse (although my wife is seldom without her HBB Aspen) But. That watch I like. I've always had a weakness for custom-made/customized things, and that is absolutley awesome :1a::1a::1a:

Is everything alright?

Nasty hernia. The contract Doc says, "Due to pre-existing condition, no WC", day-job wants to put me on FML so, probably no UI.

So, looking for admin stuff to fill in till I can get another operation. Too bad I've already sold off most of my more valuable watches, the last time...

One day, you can wear or strap a watch you have seen many times on the Wristchecks!

Psst... wanna buy a vintage Glassh

Nasty hernia. The contract Doc says, "Due to pre-existing condition, no WC", day-job wants to put me on FML so, probably no UI.

So, looking for admin stuff to fill in till I can get another operation. Too bad I've already sold off most of my more valuable watches, the last time...

Not sure I follow all the acronyms either, but I have a feeling they do not exactly spell good news.

Short of buying watches, is there anything we can do to help? Feel free to PM me.

It basically means I am stuck with nothing coming in and about $3500 a month going out...

Oh God, I am so sorry, POTR. :(

My father suffered a heart attack early last year. It's awful to see him sit there, his intellect and body being sapped. I'm with Freddy in this -- if you need an ear, PM...

@Nightstroker: Thanks for the "translation". And yes, I laughed. It's better than crying.