When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who sleeps and/or showers with their watch on?

DemonSlayer

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who sleeps and/or showers with their watch on?

• Sleep
    • Shower
    • Both
    • Neither

I always sleep with my watches on, though I know some people who refuse to do so because they think they might damage the watch, such as the bracelet, crystal or case etc. I also shower with them on too :lol: and too lazy to keep taking it off and putting them back on. This is why I often wear a watch for weeks on end and then might switch to another model, rather than switching daily or every 2/3 days.

So come on ;) Who else is guilty of this crime? :lol:

Edited by DemonSlayer

I haven't actually tested any of my watches if they are waterproof or not :lol: I enter the shower assuming they are well made and no water will get in :) So far I've been lucky but maybe in the future as I get more reps, I should test them out first. Saying that I haven't yet purchased a pricey rep and I don't think I ever will, so I probably have less to lose than most people who opt to buy more higher priced reps.

Shower and swim with all my Rollies (YM/SUBS/GMT/Exp), SFSO, IWC Costeau, all PAMs except the chrono models....uhmmmmmmmmmn...I guess that's it!

I take my watch off to sleep except when I travel (business or vacation)!

I won't sleep with a watch because I don't want to damage the bed headboard if I bang it with the watch. I am not too concerned about damaging a watch though. As for taking it into the water ... I just can't bring myself to try a rep out in the water. I have a gen I use for swimming and when riding my PWC.

Like others, I don't wear my leathers into the shower...

My girl insists that I remove my watch when we "have the sex"...She doesn't like the scratches on the back and other possible injuries that can occur when a large hunk of metal is on my wrist! ;)

The watch comes off before I climb into bed, and comes back on after the gym and shower as I dress for work...I scratched a crystal years ago when I banged my arm against the headboard, and after that have never worn a watch to bed (which also leads to a lack of real interest in lume). At night, I use my trusty Panasonic radio alarm clock that still works 20+ yrs after I bought it :D

It is ridiculous to shower with a watch on....seriously....it serves no practical purpose....

IT IS EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS TO SLEEP WITH THE DARN THING ON....WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!

Why in the world would you sleep with a watch on....is it some kind of manly attachment that you have to your prized possessions....I seriously dont get it....as for me.....all jewelry comes off before bedtime and shower....except the gold necklace....which will never tarnish

I usually sleep with a watch on, I don't tend to flail about when asleep. However, I no longer shower with my watches on - the last time I had one of my watch batteries changed, the watchmaker asked me if I showered with my watch on. I said yes, and he told me that the hot shower water had dried out the gasket seals to the caseback almost completely.

Also nowadays I tend to wear leather straps so they would get damaged by showering with them. I like deployments for this reason.

Which practical purpose does the necklace surve :rolleyes:

It is ridiculous to shower with a watch on....seriously....it serves no practical purpose....

IT IS EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS TO SLEEP WITH THE DARN THING ON....WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU PEOPLE!!!!

Why in the world would you sleep with a watch on....is it some kind of manly attachment that you have to your prized possessions....I seriously dont get it....as for me.....all jewelry comes off before bedtime and shower....except the gold necklace....which will never tarnish

Which practical purpose does the necklace surve :rolleyes:

That way you can wake up in the middle of the night with your necklace wrapped around your neck choking yourself lol. Whats wrong with wearing a watch to bed? Why take it off? Who cares and NO there isnt anything the matter with us people. If anyone thinks they are going to damage their watch when they are sleeping should be more worried about damaging it in day to day wear. I rarely shower with my watches mainly becasue i dont want to get soap scum buildup all over it. It stayed cleaner if you dont shower with it on. I wouldnt wear my PAM or my Breitlings in the shower especially my diamond BCE (again the soap scum). Sometimes i wear my 16610 in the shower but i know its for sure waterproof so its no big deal. I have diamond stud earrings that i never take out except to clean them once in a while but thats only becasue they are screw backs and a pain in the ass to take out.

Actually when im wearing my Bentley Chrono T 49mm, sometimes i take it off when i sleep only because its so freekin heavy that ive woke up and found that my hand has fallen asleep and all tingley haha (no joke).

Why in the world would you sleep with a watch on....

So I can tell what the time is if I wake up in the middle of the night, without having to a) try and read an alarm clock without my glasses on, b ) don't have to fumble about for a watch on a nightstand, which can lead to said watch or glasses hitting the floor, and c ) having to then turn on a light and burn my retinas out / wake up my wife trying to find said watch and glasses.

Much easier to just charge the lume before bed and keep it on. :whistling:

I don't wear my PAMs in water if they're on leather straps. I wore my 111h (on SS) when I went swimming in the Med last year, and, despite people being convinced it would leak, it didn't. :yeah: The Radiomir I have bought for a friend's birthday in february, is on a rubber strap, and that has been immersed in a hot bath for about 20 minutes without so much as a bubble or hint of condensation in the case. Result :victory:

So I can tell what the time is if I wake up in the middle of the night, without having to a) try and read an alarm clock without my glasses on, b ) don't have to fumble about for a watch on a nightstand, which can lead to said watch or glasses hitting the floor, and c ) having to then turn on a light and burn my retinas out / wake up my wife trying to find said watch and glasses.

I don't wear my PAMs in water if they're on leather straps. I wore my 111h (on SS) when I went swimming in the Med last year, and, despite people being convinced it would leak, it didn't. :yeah: The Radiomir I have bought for a friend's birthday in february, is on a rubber strap, and that has been immersed in a hot bath for about 20 minutes without so much as a bubble or hint of condensation in the case. Result :victory:

Honesty.... hope I did not offend anyone with my response to this poll....just having a little fun....

Tee-Jay....you have brought up an excellent point....if you have poor vision and would like to know what time it is when you wake up in the middle of the night....then I suppose that wearing a watch (With good lume) to bed is a good idea....otherwise....you are all very very strange....lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

I use a digital alarm clock with a HUGE font....so seeing the time is never an issue for me....no wonder your reasoning never occurred to me....

So I can tell what the time is if I wake up in the middle of the night, without having to a) try and read an alarm clock without my glasses on

'xactly!

I wear this rep:

100_0016_DXO-copy.jpg

With it's funky cyclops and solid mid-links. It's got the best lume of any of my reps, though. I read the time at 5:00 a.m. and I don't have to squint at the clock radio.