When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai on House TV Show?

mseanschmidt

Definitely a different watch than last year! That is what caught my eye!

I went to the online viewing link given to us by TWP:

http://video.supernovatube.com/play.php?viewkey=222044544

Then to the Fox site for recaps. Last night was S4E10 (min 8:50).

housetvud2.jpg

That's the best screengrab I could get. It does look like a PAM...on a Senape strap at that. :)

I'll have to pay extra attention during the Super Bowl episode. ;)

Usually I notice these things. Hmph.

Being that Hugh is a Brit, and Brits seem to be fans of the marque (right Victoria?), it wouldn't surprise me. Hugh would just join the club of other British actors like Jason Statham, Orlando Bloom, Hugh Grant, etc. who like the watches.

I'll have to pay extra attention during the Super Bowl episode. ;)

Usually I notice these things. Hmph.

Being that Hugh is a Brit, and Brits seem to be fans of the marque (right Victoria?), it wouldn't surprise me.

I don't know actually. :g:

Seems Hollywood more than Britain is the thread that binds Brits and Panerai.

Hugh would just join the club of other British actors like Jason Statham, Orlando Bloom, Hugh Grant, etc. who like the watches.

Ewan McGregor too. :)

Laurie surprises me, if he does wear a Panerai. He doesn't seem the pretty or hard boy or fop type. It's not because he's an OE, or anything. He's just very discreet.

@Peepshow below: Agreed. He and Hamilton were MADE for each other.

I don't know actually. :g:

Seems Hollywood more than Britain is the thread that binds Brits and Panerai.

Ewan McGregor too. :)

Laurie surprises me, if he does wear a Panerai. He doesn't seem the pretty or hard boy or fop type. It's not because he's an OE, or anything. He's just very discreet.

D'oh! I forgot about Ewan! Shame on me. Agreed, Hollyweird more than the UK, per se. In my own experience, the Brits that I've met have been more in tune with Panerai than the typical stateside WIS. This might not be the norm, however.

I agree, if he's wearing a PAM, it will surprise me. The Hamilton didn't surprise me a bit. I thought it rather fitting, actually.

• 3 years later...

Well he DEFINITLY was wearing one last night.

I watched it at my dads on his super high rez screen and when House knocked on wilsons door I saw the deployment clasp and "PANERAI" across it.

1920x1080 :drool:

Not a PAM, there's a very clear shot of the watch face when he tries to grab Taub's coffe cup in his office. It's some sort of Hamilton with a Rolex style crown guard.

There's also a good shot when he's eating popcorn outside the patient's room.

BTW, the buckle was a tang style.

I remember watching an episode a few years ago when it looked like he was wearing a pam on coramid, I rewound it a couple times and paused thru it but it ended up being something else, fwiw not sure if we're talking about the same episode, just wishful thinking on my part.

So Tx saw a buckle and Bluey saw a deployant clasp....

You guys werent witnesses to the OJ trial were you :) ?

Think about it. The guy just got off 1 yr stint in jail. He has filed for bankruptcy. He makes minimal wage at the hospital being a ex-con on parole. He would be wearing a watch worth a couple hundred bucks not several thousands.

I have it on DVR and I just reviewed all the watch shots. Definitely not a PAM and not a deployant.

The watch looks like a Hamilton Khaki King

H64455533_wrist.JPG

H64455533_back.JPG

Doah! Anyone realize this topic was from 2008? I was all exited to watch the next House episode and see him wearing a PAM, knowing he was always the Hamilton guy.

haha no. silly me :)

but the comment that there was a panerai deployant visible when he knocked on Wilson's door last night is incorrect. He was wearing yet another Hamilton last night.

I had seen that before ... I think in the GD forum

He defo wears the Hamiliton Khaki king and a Zeno before that and I think originally it was a Casio of some kind... but cant remember exactly..

Funny enough i saw an interview with him a Stephen Fry.... Originally he was in a comdey duo called Fry and Laurie and they were doing a catch up show... initially I thought he was wearing a Uboat but not so sure now though...

Funny how different House is from all he had done previously..... Blackadder, Jeeves and Wooster, Young Ones, A bit of Fry and Laurie etc

Doah! Anyone realize this topic was from 2008? I was all exited to watch the next House episode and see him wearing a PAM, knowing he was always the Hamilton guy.

Hence my original post to the Blue who resurected this... :)

So Doah!! does any one read these posts... ??? :)

small spoiler below!

No it def is a Panerai. I was wrong about the deployment it def is tang. Pictures are not too clear but I did the best I could! This is from when House is knocking on wilsons door 5-7min into "The Confession" Season 8 Episode 5. He may have worn a hamilton before... but now hes running with the big boys! I mean after all his character just got a ton of stock options, so maybe he sprung on one of the coolest watches to date!

2011-11-09-095700.jpg

2011-11-09095648.jpg

This one shows the reflection as he pounds on the door. You can see the CG here...

2011-11-090957311.jpg

The defense rests your honor!

Edited by blue_sphere

No it def is a Panerai. I was wrong about the deployment it def is tang. Pictures are not too clear but I did the best I could! This is from when House is knocking on wilsons door 5-7min into "The Confession" Season 8 Episode 5.

2011-11-09095648.jpg

that was I thought initially when I saw that scene in slow motion but after that there are 2 scenes (trying to grap Taub's coffee cup and eating popcorn outside of patient's room) that show full frontal closeup pics of the watch. That's definitely a Hamilton Khaki King.

Here's the side view of the watch CG and buckle for comparison.

HamiltonKhakiKingPilot2.jpg

476567d1311311715-hamilton-zi6_2385.jpg

h64455533-big4.jpg

and to seal the deal (and the case)

gallo07iw7.jpg

I really couldnt see that buckle as anything like a PAM buckle not just shape but the engraving as well...

But thanks to Sherlock T.... the result is clearly elementary my dear Watson Blue... :) :)

But thanks to Sherlock T.... the result is clearly elementary my dear Watson Blue... :) :)

Speaking of Sherlock. Not sure everyone is aware, but HOUSE is modeled around the actual Sherlock Holmes character, but in a medical setting. "Wilson" is "Watson", "Vicodin" his "Opium", "Guitar/Piano" his "Violin"...AND, the actual address of House's House is 221B as seen in earlier episodes.

Pretty cool....