When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Last Movie You Watched

TeeJay

And the actress in the leading role is amazingly beautiful... exactly my type of woman. :)

Naomi Watts? The good thing about her is that you can find millions of women just like her in Norway. Or the South of Brazil. :p

(BTW, I am fair, so I prefer dark men -- the darker the better. I rather thought you were light, By-Tor, and thus, the same applied!)

Last film I watched in cinemas was "Rambo": decent effort for a guy pushing AARP membership. In fact, it was a great action movie, despite stereotypical characters, and miniscule storyline. It can be summed up by:

"Folks get FARKED up"

On pirated DVD, I saw Ang Lee's "Lust, Caution".

For those who don't know, this film was HUGELY controversial in the Far East, because of the numerous explicit sex scenes. I think there were 4 full-out, jiggly jubblies, testicle thumping scenes. I cannot imagine this was released even in NC-17 form in the USA.

The reviews were mixed. Critics thought it was a flakey 1930s pastiche -- a Chinese Merchant-Ivory effort.

I disagree. I thought it was AWESOME, and I didn't think the explicitness was out of place at all. It gave character-development depth.

This is the film Merchant and Ivory SHOULD'VE made, instead of the ridiculous "White Countess", based on similar time and place.

Definitely recommend. :)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloverfield.....and it SUCKED!!!!!!

I read your mini review to my son Jared who is 10 and he decided to save us the misery of going to the theatre to see it. "Lets wait for the DVD Dad." I owe you LR. We went to AVP Requiem for a second viewing instead. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I rather thought you were light, By-Tor, and thus, the same applied!)

Yeah, whatever is "light".

I'm white, but not blonde like some Scandinavians... not dark, either... but I have a dark hair. I'm more like a "Slavic type".

My ancestors come from Germany and Russia... yeah, what a combination, eh? :D

Since I'm a scurvy pirate, and I hate TV, I watch tons of movies. Right now I've been too busy to watch them all so there's a huge backlog of mostly independent films, mostly what gets seen first is stuff I think my

ladyfriend will like. Here are some of the recent ones, in order of worst to best:

Hitman--I liked the game so I had to see it

The Jane Austen Book Club--chick flick of course but watchable

I Am Legend--I still say they ripped off Old Yeller

Death Sentence--Kevin Bacon in the new Deathwish movie

Rambo--better than expected

The Bucket List--cute, my parents would like it

JUNO--cute, my parents would like this too

We Own the Night--I was a little distracted and missed the beginning but I think I prefer this to American Gangster

Charlie Wilson

'The Last Boy Scout' was ok, but I thought the classic Ian Flemming film, 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' made Bruce Willis look like Tatum Oneal in 'Paper Moon'.

I like Eric Bana, so that's interesting, TWP.

Two I want to see is that teenie swowboarding film from Norway, Switch. And other than, "There will be Blood", which I'll go to watch tomorrow, I want to see "Meet the Spartans". I'm a sucker for the genre. :p

Best Top 5 Movies of 2007, that I saw:

1- Persepolis (France/Iran)

2- Aleksandra (Russia)

3- No Country for Old Men (USA)

4- This Is England (UK)

5- 4 Months, 3 Weeks and 2 Days (Romania)

No Country For Old Men, outstanding Coen Brothers movie. Javier Bardem really gave me the creeps....

His hairstyle gave me the creeps. :lol:

Two Days In Paris, hilarious. Laughed our arses off.... :rofl:

Eh. It was okay. Not a patch on L'Auberge Espagnole, which started its own "TransEurope" international genre.

I especially wasn't amused when those perky American tourists, wearing amazing t-shirts that you couldn't even find at the Republican National Convention, were purposely misguided by Jack. And whoever thought Adam Goldberg could be a romantic lead was nuts.

Saw Meet the Spartans. I laughed 'til I cried at Paris Hilton being a hunchback.

I downloaded Into the Wild, suggested by HikeUSA in book form. We'll see if Sean Penn can direct as well as he can act.

There Will Be Blood

Great flick.

Just got back from seeing this in the theater. What a great movie. Daniel Day Lewis is a great actor...I didn't really like his character in Gangs of New York...but, I guess that was the point. So, he did well.

2 hours and 39 minutes...but, it really worked well as you always wanted to know what was going to happen next. I predicted the outcome, so I thought, until the last few minutes.

I'm a fan of period movies and this one really personifies the 1900's. I think I'll pick this up on DVD, when it comes out.

I especially wasn't amused when those perky American tourists, wearing amazing t-shirts that you couldn't even find at the Republican National Convention, were purposely misguided by Jack. And whoever thought Adam Goldberg could be a romantic lead was nuts.

I agree on that. But the idea of having her own parents (great French actors, BTW) acting as her parents, was brilliant. They were so funny...

Into The Wild I downloaded yesterday, plan on seing it tonight.