When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Genuine Po For Father's Day (and B-day..x-mas...etc.)

Category 5

Well...I knew I loved my wife, but yesterday she showed me just one of the many reasons why. She decided the PO was a great watch for me, and after me dragging her to AD after AD to get a closer look she decided I needed a closer look at home. She bought me the watch! It was only $2000 on sale at Ashford.com (much better than Mayor's $3400 proce tag) and she couldn't pass up a sale!

Here are the mandatory comparison photos between Andrew's 4th Gen, and the Genuine. Seeing them both side by side, the AR coating on the Gen is an instant giveaway. That said, Andrew's PO is really an amazing rep. The Gen hasn't lost half a second in 30 hours...it is dead on with the Time website (WOW!).

Our two specimen

69705-32980.jpg

The difference in the glare is more pronounced in person (significant despite 4th Gen's AR coating)

69705-32981.jpg

The famous Blue Coating of the Gen

69705-32982.jpg

A lume shot 1 minute after a quick charge (30 seconds under a UV light) - Pretty good on the rep. not near as bright, but rather uniform across markers, hands and pearl.

69705-32983.jpg

Too bad the marker at 9 is crooked on the 4th Gen. Bezel color is excellent on rep. the backs and bands are almost perfect match, but since the face is what we see I chose not to photograph them.

For a high rez closeup you can click here

http://www.pbase.com/sbushman/image/61941006

So all in all the Gen proved Andy's rep to be a worthy alternative. the AR coating on the gen is just too amazing though. In most light it actually appears as though the crystal has been removed.

I am still investigating what is involved in getting a rep crystal AR coated. Apparently any high street opticians or spectacles lab should have the equipment for doing it.

Edited to add - just noticed (duh) that FinePics is offering an AR coating service!!!!

Edited by r11co

Great post :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Another member has just pointed out that this thread would be better suited in the rep v's gen forum, which of course it would, give me or one of the Admin team a yell if you want it moved.

Ken

Great post and congrats on the new watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I bought one of the gen PO shortly after they came out and I have to say it's still one of my favorite watches. :wub: I think I need to let my wife read this post, she's been telling me she's getting me a Rolex GMT for nearly 5 years now, she better get busy they aren't getting any cheaper. ;)

Excellent comparo!

Ashford is decent place to dc. Did it come w/ serial # and everything? Possibly grey market.

I got my mother's Omega few years ago from Ashford.

Anyhow, I'm very curious to see TTK's 5th generation PO( I don't know Trusty's new PO is same as TTK's) vs. Gen comparo. If TTK's PO can be water proof and short minute hand is corrected as TTK stated along w/ gen sapphire and AR coating, it will be tough to beat 5th gen. :)

Excellent comparo!

Ashford is decent place to dc. Did it come w/ serial # and everything? Possibly grey market.

I got my mother's Omega few years ago from Ashford.

Anyhow, I'm very curious to see TTK's 5th generation PO( I don't know Trusty's new PO is same as TTK's) vs. Gen comparo. If TTK's PO can be water proof and short minute hand is corrected as TTK stated along w/ gen sapphire and AR coating, it will be tough to beat 5th gen. :)

but what will be the diameter of the bracelet?

My watch DID come as new, with serial number intact, in the original box with manual, chronomoter certificate, and a movement certificate. I would have gotten no more from any other AD.

Unfortunately, Asford is in the same city as me so I had to pay tax. UPS tracking showed 7:37pm pickup scan, 7:38pm arrived at destination. It was shipped and delivered by the same UPS office! :)

My watch DID come as new, with serial number intact, in the original box with manual, chronomoter certificate, and a movement certificate. I would have gotten no more from any other AD.

Unfortunately, Asford is in the same city as me so I had to pay tax. UPS tracking showed 7:37pm pickup scan, 7:38pm arrived at destination. It was shipped and delivered by the same UPS office! :)

So if I order from Trustytime a box and the other stuff is also included?

i think the rep po is awesome.....if only they could have done better on the markers being straight, mine has same issue, but not as bad as that one thankfully/....but the weight, the feel, the depth of rehaut, all really top notch qualitywise on the swiss 42 mm rep other then that crooked indice issue.

@cosmosblau...!

The two big issues with the rep are that the hands are too small and there are large gaps where the case meets the first link of the bracelet.

Sorry to disillusion you my friend.......the hands on the 5th generation I sell..... aren't too small...the hour hand sits approx 2mm from the leading edge of the hour markers...and the minute hand reaches exactly the back edge of the hour markers....second hand is the same.....same as the original.......and there are absolutely NO gaps where the case meets the bracelet....I think you're commenting on another dealers watch.....!

@none..(?)

So if I order from Trustytime a box and the other stuff is also included?

NO....if you order a genuine from Ashfords.....a box / warranty and lots of lovely little thingies come with it....!

Edited by TTK

@Kwai.....'your friend'.?.......did you leave the house and meet someone today...?

That's the right thing to do....I'm all out of the best PO....!

Edited by TTK

@Kwai.....'your friend'.?.......did you leave the house and meet someone today...?

That's the right thing to do....I'm all out of the best PO....!

You have intentionally misspelled and made fun of my name numerous time.

I don't give a crap of you. Best PO? WHATEVER, TTK my w.

Paying $80 more for AR coating that is close to non-existence? You gotta be kidding.

Edited by cwai02