When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Roll call.. How many RWG members have a genuine Panerai?

V

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you will kill me probably ^_^ but

i had a gen zero last year and was totally disappointed ...

(CGs had to milled by the AD to sit flush at the case, case and sapphire-glass scratched very easy,

was not very good regulated ....)

No AD would do 'milling' of cg. :o

They send the watch to service center in order to replace the cg (which is a 30$ cost for Panerai service).

I have my 112 for almost 2 years as my daily beater and I have really abused it. I have scratched the case but the glas is still immaculate.

I find scratching the glass very difficult unless you throw it from a balcony or something similar.

Though I adore the 112, I admit, I'm going to buy the 111 instead. Or the 005. :p

(Maybe both at the same time...I've been thinking with my OCD personality, I won't be happy with one immediately)

I know at least two members who had a gen 111 and sold it and bought the gen 112. Ask them which one they liked the best ;)

Base is the essence of Panerai. The clean dial and the symetric numbers and text is the ultimate simplicity in design.

And the COSC is not that important. Mine is keeping cosc time even if it is a base and without the second hand and certificate :)

Agreed 100%, V.

I adore simple, clean PAM dials -- the 232 is a big turn-on precisely because of that. Yes, even if I am interested in a busy 192 or 228 GMT dial, I still agree that plain is best.

But you see, I suffer from PAM Repitis: I want to get a gen Panerai of which a perfect rep doesn't exist.

(Frankly, the DSN 112 isn't perfect, but for ME it is. At nearly 5k, I can't justify the double-dip)

But you see, I suffer from PAM Repitis: I want to get a gen Panerai of which a perfect rep doesn't exist.

(Frankly, the DSN 112 isn't perfect, but for ME it is. At nearly 5k, I can't justify the double-dip)

You don't want me to start counting DSN's 112 flaws do you? :p

If you don't want to know though it is ok... Your 113 list on your other thread is close enough.. ;)

If you buy a Panerai because you want value for money and with no possibility of a rep get a 233 like tech said. Cost is like 111+005 together that you intend to give.

On the other hand if you want to do what I did myself. I tried ALL the reps and bought the genuine of the watch I LOVED the most. Didn't cared about value for money or anything else. Just the watch I LOVED to have in my wrist the most.

2 years after and I still cannot take it off ;)

Unfortunately there is no perfect rep of a Pam. There are close ones (mostly automatics) but with a lot of pain and mods from any different parties that any dsn could put together.

Kostas you forgot the 111E I purchased last year, but you're right, the BASE is simply the cleanest and my favourite of the 2 ;)

I bought the 111E for the old style movement decoration and the painted dials and correct me if I'm wrong that Panerai started the 111 with open caseback in the E serie.( A-D were all solid casebacks)

dscf1075ny4.jpg

dscf1076kf4.jpg

So what's next...maybe a Rad? :rolleyes:

Kostas you forgot the 111E I purchased last year, but you're right, the BASE is simply the cleanest and my favourite of the 2 ;)

I bought the 111E for the old style movement decoration and the painted dials and correct me if I'm wrong that Panerai started the 111 with open caseback in the E serie.( A-D were all solid casebacks)

So what's next...maybe a Rad? :rolleyes:

Yeap Maikel.. I forgot about your 111. Yes E has the old style movement decoration (PANERAI PANERAI) and open caseback while A-D have solid casebacks and H-now have open casebacks with CDG decoration

Yeap.. next is a rad.. Ideally the 190.. it will complete my 112 perfectly. But I don't have money and now expecting a child in 2 months it is almost impossible. :p

1086975104036_vista_1.jpg

Yeap.. next is a rad.. Ideally the 190.. it will complete my 112 perfectly. But I don't have money and now expecting a child in 2 months it is almost impossible. :p

1086975104036_vista_1.jpg

:lol: We're thinking the same, I have my eyes focused on the 190 too.

Love the JLC movement :wub:

I know what you mean having a kid coming soon!

Mine is 19 month's, time and money goes fast if you know what I mean ;)

:lol: We're thinking the same, I have my eyes focused on the 190 too.

Love the JLC movement :wub:

I know what you mean having a kid coming soon!

Mine is 19 month's, time and money goes fast if you know what I mean ;)

But then again it is really a head-scratching situation if you put this in the equasion..

190 VS IWC Big Pilot ;)

iwc_big_pilots_5004.JPG

I don't own a Gen but that is simply a matter of semantics.

I could have one tomorrow for next to nothing if I so desired.

If you can get one for 'next to nothing', I can pay you 'something' and get it off your hands :D

As Victoria has guessed I am guilty as well. I do like frankens based on gen dials/hands and original movement vintages though. My first PAM was a 25E. My latest is a base. I never have more than 1 or 2 gen PAM's at a time and buy and resell them when I want a change. My next wants on the PAM front are a 233j or a 162 (but the stock market is just not cooperating :lol:). I would also add that I suspect the number of folks that own gen pam's is a lot higher than any one would guess. ;)

Lord R-

I envy that original movement fiddy. Wear it well. :D

If you can get one for 'next to nothing', I can pay you 'something' and get it off your hands :D

I'm guessing George means his ex got to keep his PAM in the settlement. Sorry, George. -_-

Sad question:

Has anyone "lost" a gen watch here due to divorce proceedings? I.e., had to sell it off, was ordered to by the judge and so on.

@Kruzer00: Conversely, a lot of Risti members who own reps or rep "parts" are MUCH higher than they would ever admit.

Well, I can say with a straight face that I have accidentally lost numerous watches due to irresponsibility in college, moving, and for all sorts of other silly reasons. The highlight of my stupidity - I was given a Rolex sub with red writing on it in the mid-70's (you can guess which one) and managed to lose it in a drunken stupor while in College. :bangin:

I'm guessing George means his ex got to keep his PAM in the settlement. Sorry, George. -_-

I never had a PAM and I was divorced Ex-Parte. (She claimed she did not know where I was).

What I don't know is why more people don't try the "simple" solution, since our PAM reps are so well made.

Order the Rep and Gen and return the Rep to the Gen dealer.

Bingo! You win! :p