When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Weekend Wristcheck - 2008-02-08

Pugwash

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gorgeous. All your pieces are gorgeous, Robert.

I've always wondered:

With people such as yourself with SUCH great choices, what determines which watch you'll wear, this or that day?

Hi Vic,

It's a serious problem, LOL! Actually, I feel like I live in a watch store and can try anything. I just try to rotate them based on how I feel when I wake up. That's half the fun.

That's half the fun.

I can't write "agree" enough on this!

I didn't know how guys went about it. Me, I choose mine according to wardrobe. Since many watches are similar, when opening up my watch cases, I let a watch "speak" to me. Only a fellow WIS might understand this, though. :p

Once, in Palm Beach, I was invited into a home of a watch collector. He had a burlwood-lined closet, which opened via electronic "curtain". His over 100 watches were in little pods lined in deep maroon felt -- almost black. Each little pod was a winder-type, and it was all set up to wind his watches at a certain hour, even when he was travelling.

I cannot describe to you the effect this had on me. Seeing that case, was like dying and going to heaven.

I asked him, "How do you decide on which watch to wear!?". "I just choose one." :lol:

FRIDAY

A little something special and extra for the weekend.

Ladies and gentlemen, my newest favourite watch -- Pix' IWC Portuguese with panda dials. :wub:

iwcportolvmbbandwpb6.jpg

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Perfect matching on this picture !

I'm so happy you like it... Sophie Marceau's watch on your wrist, that's a perfect matching too... :wub:

IMG_0471.jpg

I remember!

It was one of the first Wristchecks that caught my attention, Golfman. I will try to find it so you can see how long I have been lusting over it. :p (Here)

Thanks to Toad, and Pix for the nice words, too. And Max for the Gold Star!

I will not be buying non-PAM gens in the near future. But if I did, the IWC Porto above would be it.

iwcportoun0.jpg

...anyone have 6.7k to spare?

@Hike: Nice stuff. Which one is the gen Rollie again?

Tonight: Nautilus time

ppnautilusjumboxd1.jpg

Finally! Another person gets one with the unmistakable vintage style crown! I love love love that picture!!! This is THE Nautilus to get, so rare, so beautiful!

Tell me, do you have a larger version of this photograph? I want to use it for my wallpaper... 1440x900 or 1280x600 is what I need...