When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Potential Scam Over At TRC...All Forums Be Warned!

DuDro

Greetings All,

Please take a look at the threads below:

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...mp;#entry180043

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...showtopic=32907

I'm NOT calling out this dealer/member as a fraud yet, but I just wanted to warn members here about what is transpiring.

The dealer/member in question has the name "Crippler" over at TRC. There is a member here and over at RepGeek with the same name .

I am NOT certain if these are one in the same, so please do not flame or make accusations about this member until (we) can sort things out.

Think of this post as a "public service announcement"...nothing more. Stay tuned for further details as (we) sort this mess out.

I truly hope that these issues can be worked out and that the dealer/member in question has not defrauded us of our money.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know the paranoia that sets in when you are waiting for delivery, but I think the lynching is a bit premature, imho. You're order shipped from china on the 4th. That is only two weeks ago. Plus factor in one week minimum for the holiday. I would not start freaking out for at least another two weeks.

That being said, the unresponsiveness is worrisome, but that post was started yesterday. Let's see what Crippler has to say, but give it more time to flush out.

I know the paranoia that sets in when you are waiting for delivery, but I think the lynching is a bit premature, imho. You're order shipped from china on the 4th. That is only two weeks ago. Plus factor in one week minimum for the holiday. I would not start freaking out for at least another two weeks.

That being said, the unresponsiveness is worrisome, but that post was started yesterday. Let's see what Crippler has to say, but give it more time to flush out.

Just a "heads-up" and I repeat, "POTENTIAL SCAM."

I hope it all works out. If it does, I will public apologies until the cows come home...

DuDro -- If you guys got a valid tracking number, then he must have shipped you something. So it does not sound like he stole your money. The New Year probably just delayed things & then the seller (Crippler) just decided to extend his holiday. And like you & others there already said, EMS does not usually update until about a day or 2 before your package is delivered. If it helps, you can sometimes get more detailed tracking info from usps.com. But, again, the tracking details often do not update (for imported packages) until a day or 2 before delivery.

DuDro -- If you guys got a valid tracking number, then he must have shipped you something.

As i understood from another dealer they have tracking numbers themselves... i guess on the sticker that's on the package... as i understood it they will bring the packages later to the post office... so not like us who go to the postoffice and get a tracking number there.

This way it might well be true that they sent you the tracking number before the watch has actually been shipped.

PS. Dudro's advice is good... do not buy from Crippler for the time being. If all ends well the admins of TRC will give the green light again :)

I feel like I have to add to this warning! I ordered from a dealer that Crippler on repgeek recommended and never got anything so far.

The tracking numbers they gave me never worked on EMS's site. They told me to be patient, that EMS has problems. So I waited - now 3 weeks and nothing. On top of that the dealer does now not respond to my emails anymore. I cannot help but be very worried now.

Guest carlsbadrolex

Very interesting... He had an ad for some Rolex Daytona's that he was advertising with SWISS 7750's. The price was around $400 so of course I PM'd him and asked if this was in fact the correct price. He replied almost instantly stating that it was.

I asked for his Paypal info and he said he didnt use Paypal.

I received 4 PM's in the next two days asking for me to sedn payment via WU... I finally wrote back and said I didnt feel comfortable doing that. He sent two more PM's telling me WU was perfectly safe.

I guess I made the right decision!!!

'Crippler"..... :fish:

Indeed, strange name......

Did this guy EVER deliver a watch? I steered clear due to the old saying "If it looks to good to be true......."

WU is also a payment method I would never use...

Good luck to those folks who did drop some cash this guys way, I hope it works out OK B)

There seems to be some confusion as to how I got into dealing with the guy in Sweden. Here is the PM I got from Crippler on Repgeek shortly after I joined:

Here is my supplyers european email.

Rizshop@yahoo.se

he has great prices and great qualety, down side is he being a manufacturer he doesnt have a website.... i usually send him pics of the reps i want, and he gets me the rep. my latest wach from him is a AP with sapphire glass ...i got it for 170 dollars, josh and andrew sell them for around 300 dollars.

buy with confidence , he will not scam you. iam happy with my reps i got this far,

Good luck keep me posted!

happy new year

Salud

DuDro -- If you guys got a valid tracking number, then he must have shipped you something. So it does not sound like he stole your money. The New Year probably just delayed things & then the seller (Crippler) just decided to extend his holiday. And like you & others there already said, EMS does not usually update until about a day or 2 before your package is delivered. If it helps, you can sometimes get more detailed tracking info from usps.com. But, again, the tracking details often do not update (for imported packages) until a day or 2 before delivery.

Handing out a bogus tracking number is a common tactic from scammers.

There seems to be some confusion as to how I got into dealing with the guy in Sweden. Here is the PM I got from Crippler on Repgeek shortly after I joined:

Here is my supplyers european email.

Rizshop@yahoo.se

he has great prices and great qualety, down side is he being a manufacturer he doesnt have a website.... i usually send him pics of the reps i want, and he gets me the rep. my latest wach from him is a AP with sapphire glass ...i got it for 170 dollars, josh and andrew sell them for around 300 dollars.

buy with confidence , he will not scam you. iam happy with my reps i got this far,

Good luck keep me posted!

happy new year

Salud

finally a more detailed answer on how you got to deal with "this" dealer...

what makes me wonder is that he didn't approach you with the info that HE is a dealer (he is/was on TRC) but that he gave you the e-mail of his dealer?!!!

really strange...

now this is more looking like a scam that it was before...

but before being 100% sure, we have to wait more days and leave time to C to give us answers...

Am I the only person who verifies tracking numbers as soon as I receive them? Especially, for an unknown seller & even more especially when an unknown seller demands payment by WU only.

Even verifying the tracking number doesn't mean anything except that I printed a label with the intention of giving it to the shipping company later.

When "Billing Information Received" as a tracking result shows for more than one day, I get worried.

Am I the only person who verifies tracking numbers as soon as I receive them? Especially, for an unknown seller & even more especially when an unknown seller demands payment by WU only.

I checked the tracking numbers and they did not work. The dealer told me that EMS is slow with their numbers and I would have my packages probably before the numbers work.

Well that really did happen to me before, but it did not take 3 weeks for the package to come... Also back then the numbers showed eventually and this time they still don't work.

I still hope that for some reason things got messed up in China and eventually it will resolve itself, but there is not much else I can do -or?

Guest carlsbadrolex
Even verifying the tracking number doesn't mean anything except that I printed a label with the intention of giving it to the shipping company later.

When "Billing Information Received" as a tracking result shows for more than one day, I get worried.

It depends on what method they used to create the tracking number and IF its only a delivery confirmation number.

For Domestic USPS packages with delivery confirmation numbers, they can sometimes not show ANYTHING until the package is actually delivered. I ship over 100 packages a day via USPS First class mail with delivery confirmation and get at least 10 calls per day asking about "Billing info received"

Now for Fedex and UPS numbers, they should show acceptance at the end of the business day they were given to the carrier.

my last e-mail exchange with C was on 12.02. when I've reminded him to send me the correct tracking number for my shipment - this was because he sent me a wrong one...after that I haven't heard from him...

well, let's see what happens!

BTW the tr. number says this :

Your item was delivered (United States of America 92692) at 2008-02-11 12:28:00

I am located in Eu...

just to make it clear that my communication with C was perfect until this saturday when I sent him an e-mail and stil got nothing back...I wasn't even worried about the delivery but started thinking differently when I saw all this posts from other members...

My e-mails and PM's were answered in a couple of hours...even after the payment...

the best now is not to make all the assumptions but to let a couple of days to pass and to see if somebody gets anything and if C logs in...

P.S.

Just to forget a lil' bit about this potential issue I am going to order a nice strap for one of my Panerai... :lol:

Edited by dadog13

Even if it doesn't turn out to be a so-called 'scam', this thread does help us determine who we should be taking our business to.

These "fumbles" with tracking information, packages being delivered to the wrong address, no responses, etc. does not bode well with the seller.

Sure, we all make mistakes, but it's best to deal with them in private and in a timely manner. Once it goes out in the public forum, it's PUBLIC, and they will interpret it any way they want.

Again I need to make a point here, you can't verify a tracking number as soon as you get it unless the dealer passes it to you a few days after he himself receives it (not my method).

The reason for this is simple, when your package first goes out it is not to EMS but to an EMS agent it is his job to get your package introduced into the normal EMS system (remember we are talking illegal goods here) and this could take anywhere up to 2 days, more in extreme circumstances.

And yes he has the tracking numbers on hand but they wont read until they enter the EMS system.

Ken