When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Canal street raid

jot9011

Big doings in NYC this AM. The police have orchestrated a full on raid of 32 Canal street counterfeit vendors confiscating millions of dollars of contraband (bags, perfume, watches). Don't they have anything else to do? My guess the vendors will be up and running again tomorrow morning.

Big doings in NYC this AM. The police have orchestrated a full on raid of 32 Canal street counterfeit vendors confiscating millions of dollars of contraband (bags, perfume, watches). Don't they have anything else to do? My guess the vendors will be up and running again tomorrow morning.

Retail market must be yankin the Mayor's chain .. just my 2 cents

With the recent increase in package inspections by the US Homeland Security dept coupled with this & other recent raids, I think the tide is about to turn with regard to the (mostly) free & open exchange of contraband on the Web. As long as RWG remains accessible from google, it is just a matter of time until the authorities & their army of hungry lawyers turn their sights on RWG & other sites like it.

Best to pull the window shades down & lock the doors when dancing naked.

With the recent increase in package inspections by the US Homeland Security dept coupled with this & other recent raids, I think the tide is about to turn with regard to the (mostly) free & open exchange of contraband on the Web. As long as RWG remains accessible from google, it is just a matter of time until the authorities & their army of hungry lawyers turn their sights on RWG & other sites like it.

They finally figured out why there's so many Chinese Nationals and they're all over the place...students, contractors, research assistants, even working in Government posts........it's gonna get tighter!

Guest carlsbadrolex

I agree that things will become more difficult. That is part of the reason why I have been narrowing my collection and trying to pick up those models that I intend to keep forever. I feel that the value of some of our reps will be going up.

Unfortunately, as things get tighter... Collectors will use that as an excuse to raise prices also. In some cases it might be justified, but Im sure not all.

I agree that things will become more difficult. That is part of the reason why I have been narrowing my collection and trying to pick up those models that I intend to keep forever. I feel that the value of some of our reps will be going up.

Unfortunately, as things get tighter... Collectors will use that as an excuse to raise prices also. In some cases it might be justified, but Im sure not all.

Get them while you can....and still at a descent price!

Says the guy who posts photos of his face rubbing his chin, with his Daytona? :p

Actually, Pugwash and I do have something in common, other than our dislike of conspiracy theories. We don't allow others to hang us with our own ropes. Or is that reps?

"No, but admitting to a crime on the internet counts.

Would you sell a watch here using your real name?

I'm not paranoid, but I'm not reckless, either."

Quite.

Search out the history of Napster to see how effective the RIAA was in eliminating rampant free mp3 downloading (in a matter of months)?

You're assuming this forum is based in the US. Bad assumption. ;)

For example, look how useless the RIAA has been at shutting down allofmp3 or piratebay.

Actually, Pugwash and I do have something in common, other than our dislike of conspiracy theories.

LOL, Actually Pugster was responsible for one of the biggest conspiracy theories we have ever seen. Ever heard of "Little White Lies" or the "Cartel" Ms. V?

Edited by andreww

Oh well not that I do NOT download :D

Ditto.

Constantly seeding @45kbyte/s...and I have downloaded so much in the last 6 years of broadband :)

When I got my new Dell HD two weeks ago, I reinstalled that pesky uTorrent. I was always a leech, and I think my previous stats were a horrific, .100.

Now, I'm at 2.140, which is a 2:1 ratio. It's great to receive, but it makes you feel so great to give. :)

Damn, there goes my back up plan...... :(

Face it. We're all living on borrowed time with this hobby.

It all depends on variables.

Variable 1: That collectors will not be imprisoned from one day to the next.

Variable 2: That collectors don't sell up and the next person who takes over their domain isn't greedier, or less honest.

Variable 3: That governments do not get REALLY serious about cracking down on counterfeiting.

Variable 4: That factories keep producing quality goods, and don't go the OPEC route, holding everyone ransom for their precious commodities.

Variable 5: That RWG and other forums are not shut down (see Variable 3).

Because now that I know what this forum means to me, and to others, I would stop collecting reps INSTANTLY, if I didn't have you guys here.

You can download in bulk when you use the RapidShare manager. In p2p there are always the slowdowns, while RapidShare always utlizes the full speed of your connection.

Of course you have to pay for the Premium access, but it's only something like $50 for 6 months.