When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should impolite PMs be answered or ignored?

Stephane

Funny you say that...

When traveling abroad...

I'm consistently embarrassed by American's [uSA] behavior...

And have considered on more than one occasion to say I'm from Canada...

Double T

I'm originally from South Alabama. With my accent, I'm a dead giveaway.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like some members said earlier "it's just the same as in the real life " not assuming this forum isn't for real.

Do the english people say "comes around goes around" ?? If you show good manners and stay polity you get all the help and answers on your questions.

Impolity and rude emails should be ignored and ask them to use the search button.

Carpe Diem

Cats

And have considered on more than one occasion to say I'm from Canada...

Don't feel bad, TT. That's just because you have a sense of shame and appropriateness regarding your own.

Whenever I travel and observe my fellow Brits (they're the ones with red as tomato faces from all the drinking and unaccustomed sun), I feel much the same way.

Twain dubbed his countrymen, "Innocents Abroad" -- one of the best travellogues ever written. If only everyone, American or otherwise, had his bonhomie!

http://classiclit.about.com/library/bl-ete...nts-preface.htm

I've had a couple of PMs sent to me (as well as some folks posting public) demanding that I help with their problems. If someone asks me for some help, and includes the magic words (please and thank you), I have absolutely no problem with sharing my time, knowledge or in some cases, even parts (for no cost). But in no means am I *required* to share with anyone. Those are the folks that I ignore.

I've had a couple of PMs sent to me (as well as some folks posting public) demanding that I help with their problems. If someone asks me for some help, and includes the magic words (please and thank you), I have absolutely no problem with sharing my time, knowledge or in some cases, even parts (for no cost).

I can attest to this from my friend Ubi...

Parts...

Knowledge...

Watch [Modded MBW Sub]...

Phone Help...

And of course...

Two wonderful GTG's...

Double T

It's not so much the stupid and impolite PMs that bother me.

It's those kinds of PMs where their question could be answered by reading the following sentence in the specific post (or posts) that gave them the inspiration to make such an insipid inquiry.

True Example:

Hi

Where can I buy MBW?

Thx

My Response:

Unless you're talking about a BMW (you can buy those on AutoTrader), do a search and you'll find that MBWs come in all shapes and sizes, and can be found in MBK Shopping Center.

Their Response:

Where is MBK?

------------------

Now not even a "Hi"?

That, sir, does not even deserve a automatic reply.