When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's Your Favourite Pam?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I was just wondering which PAM do you think is your favourite?

With all the PAMs I had like 127, 001, 196, 036 or with the current stable of a 050, 029, 111, 212, 217, 187 I really feel my 111F is my favourite one.

The one I have is a swiss swan neck, non sandwich dial version from Angus.

I love it. It is a pure PANERAI thing.

Simple, sporty yet elegant.

It has reliable swiss movement... I upgraded it with The Zigmeisters cannon pinion...

Even though I have it for almost a year now it is still the best for me.

Not too big, not too small.

Water resistant. It is kinda important as it is really cool to have a possibility to swim with your watch that is said to be 300m water resistant and actually made for swimming in a gen world.

Anyway here are some pics.

70975-32702.jpg

70975-32703.jpg

70975-32704.jpg

70975-32705.jpg

70975-32706.jpg

Just took them, had an opportunity to swim for a moment and it suddenly started raining... so here are some shots of my all time favourite in all weather/condition mode. Looks like the rain is almost over now so I will probably take some more pics and post them later.

Life is good.

Cheers!

If you asked me this a couple weeks ago I would have to go for my 111 as well, H model though with swan neck / AR / relume / cap hands (need to change these) etc. However recently I can't seem to get my 212 of the wrist no matter what, I did wear my 111H today as I didnt have time to change straps to another colour on the 212 and the re-lume and the AR coating did give me a big smile but not enough to change my mind even with all its flaws.

71077-32655.jpg

71077-32656.jpg

71077-32657.jpg

71077-32658.jpg

Currently own my second favorite: My Base on a Panerai rubber strap . Just a clean, simple design that makes me :D.

71111-32652.jpg

My #1 favorite, in the complete Panerai range is the 5218-201A, as my Avatar shows. The 201/A with direct linage to the start of Panerai greatness. The 201A had the first usage of venerable Panerai arrows Logo on the dial. The cut by hand fat looking numerals with the wonderful tritum patina. Also being the first official consumer representation of the venerable Pre-Vendome company that was up to that time tied only to secretive project for military & like usage. Yes, to me, the 5218-201A is my absolute favorite "Holy Grail" Panerai watch! :wub:

Edited by ridnwind

Here is my fiddy from Joshua. Very nice, totally tight cg nice crystal. I'm going to try and turn it into a something like a 6152 using a dial from davidsen. Then, it will be closer to my favorite.

BTW, the strap was a father's day gift from my wife. Pretty nice..

71304-32500.jpg

• 2 weeks later...