When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Paying for the POTR Auctions

Victoria

In a few hours, many of the POTR auctions will be closed and payments made.

I have not received a reply from Rob in days (which is fine, that's not the point -- he has a lot on his hands), so I'm asking publicly:

- Do the owners of the auction items all have the private PP address, to relay it to the winning bidders?

a. Transaction limits are of some concern.

b. Also of concern is newbies using "rep forum" or similar in the notes area, which would close it down.

- Who will confirm these payments to the former owners, if Rob is swamped or can't reply?

I think we need to be very careful about flooding his PP account with payments....

And POTR should be aware of the danger of PP's often catastrophic reactions when an account suddenly fills up with funds from all kinds of sources and for all kinds of 'reasons'.

This is an issue that needs to be worked out with Rob.

PayPal: Be Afraid, Very Afraid.

This is an issue that needs to be worked out with Rob.

Could someone please contact him about this thread? I may have an old email addy of his.

Compounded to this awkwardness in timing, is that it's Good Friday, and I'll probably be at St. Patrick's church at 3 PM EST (12 PST)...it worries me.

Vicky,

See my PM and email to you and please advise...

Thank you very much for that info. I also would like to thank the Mod who contacted me with another option. But the questions above still remain.

In response to questions about Mods being in charge, this is what Two Tone wrote in his main POTR thread. Perhaps it's changed?

"At the end of the Auctions, all payments will be made directly to Rob...

He in turn will let the seller know when payment is received...

Shipping communication should be directly between the Buyer & Seller..."

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?s=&amp...st&p=421056

I believe the individuals will handle the payments, but Rob would prefer WU if at all possible.

Thanks, LR!

That still requires a lot of personal info. Having just sent money to DSN this weekend, you'll need his:

Full name (First, Middle, Last)

Address

City

Country

The agent will ask you for ID, and you'll fill out your information including telephone number accordingly. Then you'll receive the MTCN confirmation number, which the agent will circle for you on your receipt (carbon copies, printout, actual receipt).

You'll then have to contact Rob with that, so he can confirm it with the seller.

http://www.westernunion.com/info/selectCountry.asp

I have funds in my PP account, so I'll do so via there, if at all possible. Good luck people! GO POTR! :)

I believe the individuals will handle the payments, but Rob would prefer WU if at all possible.

It's all starting to get a little messy... one minute it's PayPal, now it's WU... I think a decision has to be made soon as there are some who prefer PP, some WU etc etc (ad infinitum... !). :mellow:

It's all starting to get a little messy... one minute it's PayPal, now it's WU... I think a decision has to be made soon as there are some who prefer PP, some WU etc etc (ad infinitum... !). :mellow:

There's yet a third option, but it's not my place to say.

Messy is the collection paddles during Sunday Mass. This is great! :)

All payments should be consolidated into one account (or two, maybe three if there are large amounts to be had), and then send one, two, or three PP payments to Rob. It saves him the risk of having his account restricted. And again, maybe we should reiterate that NO MENTION ABOUT REP PRODUCT(S). Maybe Pete Tong tickets, if you will.

Just a suggestion.

Guys, I think the problem is being worked on - or will be shortly - by the Mods and POTR himself.

Give them the time to work out a viable solution: the money won't evaporate in the interval.

At the moment, it would appear that PayPal is not a good choice: too many unknowns and pitfalls - plus someone reported not being able to fund the account due to a limit being set by PP.

WU often costs up to 20 percent of the amount sent, depending on how greedy they are, and will also require endless trips to the WU office for POTR before being busted on suspicion of money-laundering or drug dealing. :lol:

Let the mods and POTR work it all out: the solution is definitely out there and will be announced in due time.

Let me get this straight...

If we win an auction for the benefit of Rob, we send the funds to the seller then the seller conveys the funds to Rob? Is that correct? I just want to get this straight because I'm not gonna beat out of this auction like I did with lani's. :)

Hello friends,

I must admit to being overwhelmed by all the response and well wishes. I have tried to answer every PM, if I have missed any please forgive me, and try again.

If anyone would wish to contact me via email, please use RWG(at)------------.com .   (edited)

I am a bit concerned that PP may try and ruin the great effort you all have undertaken for me and my family. PP does have a reputation for locking accounts when activity spikes, and I have heard back that at least one person has had some trouble trying to PP funds to me.

If you are unable to reach me as quickly as you would like, the Admins have my PP account email, and if this is how you would prefer to take care of donations, then I am grateful, and will hope for the best.

When using PP for an auction donation, please use "Donation" for the subject, and list only your username, and the username of the seller in the comments. This will give me all the information that I need to notify the seller quickly as to who paid for what. Hopefully this will keep PP from killing the account.

If you are in the States or Canada, and would like to help without the potential PP issue, a money order would be appreciated. I understand that it will take a bit longer, but, at least there is the surety that your donation will not get tied up by PP.

My secure mailbox address is:

(edited)
(edited)
(edited)

Again, thank you all. I am truly grateful for all everyone is doing for me and my family.

When using PP for an auction donation, please use "Donation" for the subject, and list only your username, and the username of the seller in the comments. This will give me all the information that I need to notify the seller quickly as to who paid for what. Hopefully this will keep PP from killing the account.

Glad to see you're okay, Rob. :)

I left church early I was so concerned about paying for my two items. As I said, I have my funds in the PP, so that's my method. The Money Order idea is a great one for CONUS folks. Not too sure it's that good for foreigners, as they charge exchange rate fees. Could someone comment on this?

Take care, and have a truly Happy Easter!!

I don't understand what the problem will be with many payments to Rob's paypal account as long as they do not state anything else in the subject except the 'username'.

Paypal sucks sometimes but there is no need to be paranoid that it will freeze the funds without any obvious reason!

Someone also suggested sending checks (for U.S. members).

I'm not certain about the advisibility of International Money Orders - if Rob had to convert euros into dollars, for instance, he'd be at the mercy of whatever exchange rate his local bank was offering - and it's all arbitrary: they get to set whatever rate they want.

If the euros were already converted into dollars by the person sending an IMO to Rob, all he'd have to do is cash it (or more likely, deposit it) at his bank. Unfortunately, I don't know if it's possible to purchase an IMO in dollar denominations in the EU.

A bank-to-bank wire transfer is another possibility, on the condition that the sender has the account info of the receiver....

Once again, I advise waiting until the payment options are fully worked out and posted by either Rob or the forum moderators.

Paypal sucks sometimes but there is no need to be paranoid that it will freeze the funds without any obvious reason!

The worry is that a newbie might mention "Donation Rep Forum" or something in the title -- and of course, transaction limits imposed by PP.

I have a monthly limit, since I don't have a Premier (just Business one).

There is a limit on the amount of money and transaction is a certain period of time.

Mine as been blocked after the boxes sales.

I can of course spend the money, pay via PP to other accounts but cannot get the money to my CC or bank.

I had to send Ids, electricity bills, an explanation for why such an activity and so on...only fingerprints were not necessary.

Currently it's in that "transitionnal" status for over a week now and nothing shows that it's going to be released soon.

I called (premium rate phone number), emailed, ...no answer but automated answers so far.

The worry is that a newbie might mention "Donation Rep Forum" or something in the title -- and of course, transaction limits imposed by PP.

I have a monthly limit, since I don't have a Premier (just Business one).

I think Newbies can be people with acceptable levels of intelligence aswell! I know for a fact if i was sent a pm with POTR's paypal address, and asked not to put anything to do with Reps or watches in the subject box i wouldnt. And im a Newbie.