When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This guy really got wacked

llsteve80

I came across this list of stolen items from 1 person on a site used to report theft. Nawcc if you never heard of it :p

This poor guy had his whole collection stolen. Look at this stuff! Looks like some of the lists of stuff people have around here except all gen. Bet he wishes he had a safe now.

So, what do you think the collection must have been worth?

" On Sunday, January 28th, 2007 my home was burglarized...a number of items were taken, the worst of which was my cherished watch collection. Twenty-four pieces were taken as well as two large winders. Some were heirlooms with monumental sentimental value but the preponderance were high-quality, gorgeous, delicate works of art.

I

Wow, some very rare pieces were taken from this man's collection. It makes you wonder if his home being burglarized was the result of a random attack, or was it intentional?

I hope he has insurance on the pieces. I bet he probably does; who wouldn't on a collection valued at over $200K?

In case you were wondering, the guy in question whose items were stolen is a Neurosurgeon in SoCal.

Guest avitt

That's the danger of hanging out on forums, and showing off your collection (I'm not saying that's what this guy did). It just creates a "shopping list" for criminals...

That's the danger of hanging out on forums, and showing off your collection (I'm not saying that's what this guy did). It just creates a "shopping list" for criminals...

THANK YOU.

Sorry guys, but that's the truth. Notice that it was a neurosurgeon, not a celebrity, etc.

People like that are in the upper-middle strata economically. They can afford to buy pricey watches, but they can't afford to have 24/7 security, full insurance, and a deep vault inside their house (which can run you in the hundreds of thousands to build) like the truly rich.

I hate when my parents are right, but they were right in disallowing me to post all my/their gens. It's just too risky, even if most theft of this kind turns out to be an inside job.

True. That was a fortune.

I'll continue posting my rep pics and collection update, so that burglars see how poor I am...

:oops:

I'd rather just post up pics of my large gun collection and my medals. ;)

That really blows for this guy. I noticed that he mentioned the sentimental value part, which is priceless. Having been a victim of theft I know how bad it can be. I hope the guy finds some resolution.

I'd rather just post up pics of my large gun collection and my medals. ;)

hahaaha

I have one large caliber handgun, one nicely-trained trigger finger, and one gen (a TAG at that :lol: )...

It's just not worth the odds. B)

Good lesson about watching where and what you say though.

Wow. :o

Would something like this really be an inside job, or, could it just be an insurance job? The only reason I wonder, is, someone would have to be pretty low on the evolutionary ladder to rip off a friend like that, and, it's be pretty hard to keep remembering never to wear certain watches in their presense, or in the presense of mutual friends, for fear of them being recognized. I hope it's not an insurance job, and I hope that whoever's responsible is brought to justice.

I don't mind posting my collection up on the 'net, but anyone who has known me has said that I'm not a very good person to make friends with.

I used to be very conversational, but realized that saying such things (wether it be good or bad) can come back and bite you in the rump roast. People often complain that I am very private and reserved and I was once angered that someone suggested that I have AsPD (Antisocial Personality Disorder). But so many people are looking for an easy, cheap opportunity. I just choose for them not to get it from me.

But back on topic...

No matter what you are, having something taken from you is an upsetting feeling. We all know that the likelihood of this man receiving his comeuppance would be slim to none, but my hopes are that this man will be one of the few who will have a positive resolution out of this.

Wow. :o

Would something like this really be an inside job, or, could it just be an insurance job? The only reason I wonder, is, someone would have to be pretty low on the evolutionary ladder to rip off a friend like that, and, it's be pretty hard to keep remembering never to wear certain watches in their presense, or in the presense of mutual friends, for fear of them being recognized. I hope it's not an insurance job, and I hope that whoever's responsible is brought to justice.

TJ,

I'm not as gentlemanly as you are. I'd just like to see this guy get run over by a school bus, but that's just me. LOL.

On a serious note, I've never really thought about theives lurking on forums to pick out their victims. If that's the case, there are a few of my good buddies on gen forums that should be busy buying Vic's dogs. I guess just like everyone else, even theives have moved into the 21st century.

z

This is why it is a bad idea to include ANY location details in anything you post online -- including emails. Even seemingly irreverent tidbits of info can be used against you by people who seek to do you harm.

TJ,

I'm not as gentlemanly as you are. I'd just like to see this guy get run over by a school bus, but that's just me. LOL.

On a serious note, I've never really thought about theives lurking on forums to pick out their victims. If that's the case, there are a few of my good buddies on gen forums that should be busy buying Vic's dogs. I guess just like everyone else, even theives have moved into the 21st century.

z

I use the word 'justice' loosely ;) Meeting the business-end of a bat, fire-arm or angry mob of homo-repressed rednecks would be sufficient for anyone who dared treat a friend in such a poor manner.

Personal information on the web and in the forums has to be the reason for some of these kind of thefts. There must be thieves that hang out here and to make matters worse I have seen numerous posts in this forum and others that go like this:

1. What kind of car do you drive?

2. Where do you live?

3. Show us pictures of yourself?

4. Where do you go for holidays?

5. How many gens do you own?

6. How old are you?

7. How many kids - what kind of dogs - etc...

8. Lots more personal questions...

Over the past two years anyone could amass considerable amount of personal information and there is no lack for people stepping up and providing the information. If not the crooks then maybe the feds are listening. It can't hurt to be a little paranoid about this - it might protect you in the long run.

Usil

I use the word 'justice' loosely ;) Meeting the business-end of a bat, fire-arm or angry mob of homo-repressed rednecks would be sufficient for anyone who dared treat a friend in such a poor manner.

Agreed.

I guess since criminals are those who take advantage of other peoples' situations there certainly could be some on any forum lurking and waiting for an opportunity to strike. Hopefully some of them will meet a fate befitting of their actions.

z

I'd like to state for the record...

I live in South Central, Inglewood to be exact.

I have 12 kids and in their teens and all of them are ex convicts on parole.

We have lots of illegal automatic weapons all strewn over the house.

My wife works part-time for WWF as a wrestler and her other job is a bouncer at a local bar.

Vic's dogs were all donated to our family and all enjoy the run of our single bedroom apt.

Agreed.

I guess since criminals are those who take advantage of other peoples' situations there certainly could be some on any forum lurking and waiting for an opportunity to strike. Hopefully some of them will meet a fate befitting of their actions.

z

I've seen the results of such cyber-stalking, and believe me, it is damn scary. People who behave in such a manner, hiding behing the anonymity of their proxy-servers, making people's lives a misery, deserve whatever misfortune happens to come their way. The US is much hotter on such things than the UK, hopefully it won't be too long before UK law catches up with the nature of 21st Century stalkers... To be honest, it's something which needs to be dealt with by an international agency like Interpol, so there won't be issues of jurisdiction or contacting relevent local authorities and asking them to act. Hard as it may be to believe, it's hard enough getting police forces in different parts of the UK to talk with each other on this issue, let alone other countries...

Whoever ripped off that guy's watch collection, is probably going to wind up in a whole World of Pain (one way or another :lol: )