When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Rarest Reps

Victoria

Great topic, brings back alot of memories. I`ll add one more to all the great ones mentioned so far.

Vacheron Overseas from Sunshine, more than a few years ago.

Highly accurate dial, with the nicest caseback engraving on this series I have seen.

Many thanks! Now I am propelled in the search of one! :Jumpy:

Nice. I love it when the rep factories "play jazz" and just make whatever they feel like.

Has anyone else seen the Glycine Airman rep's animated movement? I saw a photo of it a while back in an online catalog, I wish I had saved it. Probably just a case of the manufacturer using whatever movement was lying around in that approximate size, but it featured a randy rascal ravaging a wanton wench. Pretty hilarious on the back of a big businesslike pilot's watch.

Nice. I love it when the rep factories "play jazz" and just make whatever they feel like.

Brilliant

• 1 year later...

If "rare" means I want one but can't find anyone selling it, my choices are the VCO described above and the rep of the Vulcain Cricket. I wish I'd bought the latter a year ago, when they were selling for ~$100. I don't have a mechanical alarm watch, and I recall the Vulcains looked pretty nice and had few glaring errors.

272766-3257.jpg

actu_1444.jpg

My very first replica bought from Andrew (trusty) with a horse on the caseback and crown all different

Its an AP JA QE II Cup Limited Edition replica quite different from the ones one can get today

178723-7810.jpg

and this unfortunate homagewatch (Granmaster ode to the Railmaster) is fairly rare also..not really a replica as such

I think Eddie Lee's PP Calatrava Ref. 3919 with correct back markings, correct domed saphire crystal and correct hands size is worth mentioning. I am a proud owner of one of those Calatravas and I love it!

I just saw PAM192Mex's DSN 177h in the World's Longest Wristcheck thread, and it sparked a thought -- increasingly certain reps are becoming rare. Perhaps not QUITE the Titanium PAMs, but...

...which are the rarest of the reps?

Those very infrequently or never seen: like DLGates' Blancpain, perhaps. Which ones do you foresee becoming very rare, sooner than later?

21534-2041.jpg

• 4 years later...

hahaha indeed this is an ancient thread!! saw the title, got curious, started reading and saw a reply from myself (you can tell i haven't read the forums in a while ever since my rep fever got cured by my holy grails)

lol i was reading my own reply from 2008!! o_O mind blown

Hey Tom, welcome back!  :tu:

I saw a similar superbump in another forum and someone replied "Holy necropost, Batman!!" and I laughed out loud. 

• Like 1

Hey Tom, welcome back!  :tu:

I saw a similar superbump in another forum and someone replied "Holy necropost, Batman!!" and I laughed out loud. 

haha i never left ;) i come back every now and then SPECIALLY after rwg went thru the new forum i think (had to make sure my account was fine and all)

i'm a case scenario of what happens when people achieve their holy grails :( i've been cured of "The fever" but every now and then i come back and read other people's joy and reps and see what's going on in the scene

after 5 years i may get a new rep after all.. o_O but it feels weird, it's like starting from scratch reading up and gathering info and whatnot, haha

still have original FM conquistador but did sell another one that made the list here - a certain white dial titanium breitling model .. was too light for my taste.

IMO gold FM is at the top of the list. any other makers went as far as replicating solid gold case, accurately?

Edited by milsub5517