When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW 1680 Red

lanikai

Just got my MBW 1680 Red back from Canada.... this is my first MBW modded timepiece and Ziggy Again did not dissapoint..

Genuine Crystal swap.... gen. tube/crown.... CG mod.... gen. spring bars , lugs resized... relume for colour.. CG mod

dsc0041hs0.jpg

csc0037xi5.jpg

dsc0013cv2.jpg

dsc0071ds2.jpg

dsc0009yq4.jpg

csc0034gg9.jpg

thankyou to Rob . great masterful work as usual :D:D

thanks for viewing

looking good lanikai :victory:

i should warn you -- be careful with vintage rolex -- they can be just as addictive as pams :o

wear it well ;)

deltatahoe

thankyou DT..

You mean just the Vintage Rollies are addictive ??.. wheeeew.. thought maybe all of the brands were... :lol: .. know what you mean DT.. they definately are... NO DOUBT !!!!! B)

Hey, Lani, that is a great watch you got back from Ziggy :)

I will second Delta though : WATCH OUT you might end with all of them :Jumpy:

Congrats and welcome to the vintage club.

Wear it well and in perfect health.

Cheers

Stephane

thank you S..

OK... well... i do have 2 more MBK's to get parts for.. :rolleyes: the great white and the double red :lol: .. oooo boyy.. btw... who's got the best sub ??? :bangin::lol:B)

thanks again my friend !!!!

hooked ? .. i'm not hooked.. I can quit anytime I want... :o .. just not right now.. :rolleyes:

That's right. It's only a problem when there's no money left for poi. :)

Nice piece...yet another one I'm tempted by. Actually, anytime I see any of you guys post great pictures and great work...I'm tempted by the watch...except for the Gaytona of course...

That's either a gen movement or a gen DW...Which is it? Come on...Spill the beans!

Actually, this is my next gen DRSD, which will be powered by a freshly serviced 1575

c1570a.jpg

I have all the parts, but I am waiting to hear back from Ziggy to see if he can Ziggify the dial a bit. I could use it as is, but I have decided to go all-out on this 1. I would prefer white (or whiter) lume & I think the 6 & 9 index markers could be widened a bit. If Ziggy can make the lume on this dial match lanikai's dial, this should be my final word on the DRSD (unless I find a gen owner willing to part with his for a pittance.......& even then I am not sure it would be much of an upgrade over this).

That looks GREAT freddy. I love the color on the markers and the dial has a very nice texture.

I am with DUDro, more info please.

Thank you, but the lume color looks a bit too orange to me. Kind of like a cheap bottled tan. I want the lume to look exactly like lanikai's, so I am waiting to hear back from Ziggy.

@DuDro, hit the crystal with some Brasso on a soft cloth for a few min. Those scratches on the crystal will disappear.

AND, nice crown guards.

@Freddie - I know what you mean, but i like them still. My red has the dark markers but for my white 1680 I want bright white and new hands. Minty. I have even thought about puttin some super lume on them. I may like the glow even if not accurate.

Lanikai,

Thank you for sharing your photos. The watch looks awesome. My GW will be making its way back from Canada soon as well. Your post has got my anticipation running at a fever pitch.

How real is this addiction thing?

Thank you vly..

Anticipation is 99% of the excitement :D ....

Regarding the addiction.. wouldn't know about such things.. :lol: ... I'll claim "denial" as a river in Egypt.. :lol: .. can't wait to see your pics ..

Freddy, it looks like you're gearing up for the best DRSD project the community has ever seen- I'm excited to see how it turns out!

I wish you hadn't brought my attention to the flaws with the aftermarket dials- ignorance is bliss! But I am glad that I've got a better feel for what could be improved. It's an interesting process of deciding 'which' flaws are less irritating to yourself, individually, and then accepting the flaws that are inherent to the chosen dial.

When I looked at the MBK dials, I couldn't get over the difference in the quality of the NDtrading or 're-painted' dials, in the sense that they "just looked better" to me, even though as I've come to discover, they're actually not necessarily any more 'accurate'.

As time has gone on, I've become less concerned with absolute fidelity to the original, and am more sensitive to the quality of appearance, even if somewhat flawed.