When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My "Ideal PAM" Fantasy Project

sssurfer

I love the Fiddy look, but 47mm is oversized to my wrist, and I really want a date.

So, here is my Ideal PAM Fantasy Project on its current status.

Full body shot:

image0im1.jpg

Full body & strap:

image1qf6.jpg

Resting:

image2yc6.jpg

Date shot:

image3bx8.jpg

Wristshot - daylight:

image4ar1.jpg

Wristshot - flashlight:

image5sv0.jpg

--------

Next steps:

1 - Larger golden hands, more Fiddy- / Radiomir-style.

2 - Brown & unbranded dial (and, obvioulsy, a relume on that occasion).

3 - Date font improvement.

--------

Opinions are welcome.

Thanks for looking,

:sss:

Really congratulation SSS !!!!!!!!!!!

Not for the watch itself, but for the only one reason IMO : you have built the PAM you want, the one that you are dreaming for every night :thumbsupsmileyanim::clap3::clap2::clap:

For my own i really enjoy the mini fiddy case, but i am not a Date fan on PAM ....... but it's just a question of taste ;) and once again, the fact is that you have YOUR perfect PANERAI mate :tu:

Enjoy

GM

I have to say that I LOVE IT!!! Wow, what an idea. Here's what I think you can use to build that baby. I even have the perfect name for it, the "SURFTECH".

PAM0104 case (brush/polish finished to resemble a Fiddy)

PAM0111 crown guard (is larger than the 104, so it will give it the "look")

PAM0104 dial

PAM0140 hands

Thanks all, your appreciation is very welcome!

I have to say that I LOVE IT!!! Wow, what an idea. Here's what I think you can use to build that baby.

Thanks, Uncle, you got quite close. But...

Minifiddy complete case (including crown, CG, & crystal)

PAM104 (slightly modified) dial

DSN 7750 golden hands (slightly modified to fit the Asian 21J)

Asian 21J movement (yes, I also wanted it auto, besides of the date)

Stem adapter to fit the Auto 90 stem into the 120 manual crown tube

PAM 029 metal spacer ring -- to fit the Asian 21J into the Minifiddy case (darn, I forgot to take a shot of the back!)

Customized cyclops applied on the Mifiddy crystal.

I even have the perfect name for it, the "SURFTECH".

Great! "SURFTECH" taken! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks again to everyone. I am really happy that this watch meets the taste of other PAM fans.

Love that strap M.....What is it?

Thanks, D. It was a plain boring light brown (almost orange, actually) Hirsh Liberty, then customized to make it softer and give it a time and used patina.

Customization included: nail softener oil, Prestige shoe cream (cherry red and palisander), and Letraset promarkers (burnt sienna and henna on the strap, gold on the stitching).

In live the straps looks better than in the shots. In the pics the alternating reddish and brown nuances look sharper than in reality.

Still, I am not completely satisfied with it.

But I could not wait further to make this project public. :)

Don't blame a watch for a flagging love life.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Even my poor English made me suspect about the double meaning of that... but I was unable to resolve what would have been better... "want the date"?... "want date"?... :blush: Which is the correct English for that??

Did you buy that one from TTK ?? :black_eye::oops:

:sorry: couldn

• 2 weeks later...
image0im1.jpg

This Surftech RULES!

And mind, Sssurfer, I don't like Mini-Fiddy cases, automatics, and cyclops on Panerai watches. Despite all of this, your Franken has totally seduced me.

I MUST ask -- what is that gorgeous strap? I didn't see you mention it. EDIT: I read your explanation! Hirsch Liberty strap, customised by you. Magnifico.

Sanro, Vicky, capice, frankt:

really thanks. This appreciation from you and the other members who posted here is going to drive this project even further.

frankt -

unfortunately the CG is not big enough to cover the chrono pushers holes. Shame, as I would be more than happy to use your case on this project.

But your crystal is going to have a major role in it. I plan to send it to chieftang for double AR coating, then I'll place a cyclops on it and it will become the new SURFTECH crystal (keeping the current one as a backup).

Fortunately, minifiddy's and 212's crystals are the same size.

Your dial will replace my 212 dial after a relume.

Finally, your movement will go to my watchsmith to see if he can fix it. I could not submit it to him so far as I already got him overwhelmed with my other projects. :lol:

Thanks, gavidoc.

Case is from a minifiddy that I got from TWP.

I did not try it with a 7750, but I doubt it would fit. Unfortunately, the 7750 is the thickest movement used on PAM reps: 7.9mm.

While minifiddy's original 6497 is 4.5mm, and the Asian 21J that I used is 6.1mm (and I got a feeling that it was almost the thickest that that case could bare).

I plan to have a try with a Seagull movement 7.4mm thick in a next future, but it is not on top of my scheduled tasks.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the response. I just got my Mini-Fiddy and I'm wondering if the movement would fit. My 104 case is the same thickness as the mini case (from my quick measurements last night).

I have begun the process on mine and spent a few hours last night fitting a 24mm bracelet to it.

My next question is do you have clearance on your's to change the date (obviously). Reason I ask is when I pull the crown to adjust the time on the mini, the crown almost touches the top of the crown guard.

Thanks.