When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interest in movement holders

stilty

I am wondering if there is more interest in the conversion movement holders that I had made. I sold the few remaining, and other members have been enquiring.

These are CNC milled conversion holders to go from ETA 2892-A2 to Rolex 3135.

I'm also working on a conversion holder to go from ETA 2824-2 / 2836-2 to Rolex 3035.

These holders securely fit the movement in a genuine Rolex case and provide perfect stem alignment, etc.

I'm just waiting to get a time scheduled with the CNC shop as they are very busy. Maybe this week, maybe next week.

Here is a link to my previous post on the 2892-A2 holder:

ETA 2892-A2 conversion holder

If you are interested, please let me know! Thanks.

haha! I contacted some guy in ebay...maybe it was you.. :p

I know nothing! :ph34r:

good news, the holders should be in production by Friday and be ready for pick up early next week. I had to order a whole wack of them in order to get a decent price break, otherwise it isn't worth doing. I'll have a final price once the job is complete.

Here is what is getting made:

2892-A2 > 3135

2824-2/2836-2/2846 > 3035

2824-2 > 3135 ( the stem alignment for 2824-2 is off center by 0.05mm. It will still work, but overlay installation will be tight)

There is a good chance the 2824-2/2836-2/2846 > 3035 will also work for a 1570 conversion, but I will not be certain until I get a case to test fit.

I purchased one of the first batch and couldn't be more pleased with it. Everything lined up perfectly and installation was simple and straight forward.

The movement fit the Rolex case as if it was made for it. Have a look at my Frankenjust below...

Frankenjust018.jpg

Frankenjust015.jpg

I purchased one of the first batch and couldn't be more pleased with it. Everything lined up perfectly and installation was simple and straight forward.

The movement fit the Rolex case as if it was made for it. Have a look at my Frankenjust below...

Frankenjust018.jpg

Frankenjust015.jpg

I'm glad that worked out for you! Nice job!

I have the 2892-A2 > 3135 ready and the 2824-2 > 3135 ready.

Unfortunately, the 2824-2/2836-2/2846 > 3035 will be a bit longer. For some reason, the OD diameter of the holder is not exact and is too big for the case. I have to take them back and see if they can reduce the diameter a bit, but it may be easier to just run them again. Now I just have to wait to be scheduled in.

I will post in the For Sale section. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

Stilty moved and took another job a few years back and must have decided to lay off watches for a while. Last time I heard from him was four or five years ago.

As for spacers, I have to make them myself now and it is slow work but I have learned a few things...

When using an Eta movement and the dial feet have to be removed, it is a good idea to make the spacer so it will support the dial as well as provide proper spacing for the movement.

Why?

So you can stick the dial to the spacer instead of the movement. This only works if the dial is bigger than the movement and the spacer is a precision fit on the movement. When the spacer is a precision fit on the movement and rises high enough to support the dial, it also eliminates the thin stamped calendar spacer used on Eta movements. It is also a good idea to have the case clamps apply enough pressure to the movement inside the case to hold the dial against the front of the case tight enough so it will keep everything clamped together. By making the spacer a close fit in the case it also eliminates the side to side movement caused by pulling the crown in and out to setting and winding position. If the dial and movement can slide back and forth inside the case it will soon scratch paint off around the edges.

Making a proper spacer may take as much time as any stage of the project.