When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's on your radar this spring / summer?

By-Tor

I doubt I'm going to purchase a lot of watches this year. But of course, we addicts are ALWAYS looking for something... constantly trying to find some pathetic excuse to buy "just one more watch".

I rarely go to "window shopping" in the dealer sites anymore but today I did... and look what I found...

1. Ebel BTR 1911 7750

dsc0052tv7.jpg

Well this watch has flaws, but after I saw Lanikai's pictures of his bracelet version, I'm sold. This is definitely on top of my list. I love the design and I don't really give a rat's ass about the wrong subdial spacing, it's a Ebel, a rare luxury brand... who really cares?

2. TAG Link Chronograph (brushed version)

TAG-034-3.jpgTAG-041-1.jpg

The one and only reason I traded my extremely accurate Link Chrono was the highly reflective dial. I've heard the brushed version doesn't have this problem. I absolutely love the bracelet on this watch. Alternatively I could even consider the white Link GMT. I've been leaning towards white dials lately, but I'm a bit worried about the small size on the GMT.

3. BCE Ultimate

BREITLING-098-4.jpg

I don't know why I still don't own this. I'd buy it, if I found a good EU-based member deal. ETA datefont and double AR are essential on this one. I wish it had brushed case and bracelet though... never liked the bling ss bands on the Breits.

4. Omega Aqua Terra

OMEGA-074.jpg

This is a bit of an "old man" watch, like Rolex DateJust but hey... I'm in my mid-thirties and it's only natural that my tastes start to move towards classic lines. There's something very basic, very classy on the AT. I love Explorer I too, but it's way too small... while AT would be perfect size. The white version w/ gold hands is a beauty!

5. Breguet Transatlantic

BREGUET-017-6.jpg

Wow, this is nice. Yeah it has wrong subdial spacing but again: who cares... The only problem is that when you're wearing a Breguet you should drive a Bentley. I only drive a Mercedes E200 Kompressor and it's not even my own. :D This in rose gold is the sh*t. For Christ's sake... someone should purchase one already, so I could at least enjoy the pictures.

These are on top of my list. Post yours, and please don't just make a list... please add some reasoning, and let's have some WATCH TALK here. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the AP ROO Secs at 12 is released, it will be mine. Reasoning...well...cos it's an AP freakin ROO! :)

That's all I have my sights on...besides a pam 190. Loving a 45mm radiomir with gold hands, which pretty much narrows it down to the 190. :p

In terms of reps I got my eye on that new Graham Swodfish in PVD.

In terms of gens I'm really considering giving in and buying a gen PAM111, but I'm not really sure about this one. I think I'll need more convincing. ;)

i'm interested in seeing people's responses in this thread, as i haven't had the urge to buy a watch in over a month, and i'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with me :o:lol:

deltatahoe

Give it time delta, it'll pass. It always does...

4. Omega Aqua Terra

OMEGA-074.jpg

This is a bit of an "old man" watch, like Rolex DateJust but hey... I'm in my mid-thirties and it's only natural that my tastes start to move towards classic lines.

Mid-30's :o "old man" watch :o Geez! Wait until you get to the age where you can't make out the dial without reading glasses. Thus, my 61st birthday purchase next month I plan on replacing my beater 4 year old Luminox Pro Diver with something brighter. At night the tritium H3 markers are great when traveling, especially if your side of the hotel bed doesn't have an alarm clock you can view at night because your wife always wants that side of the bed with the clock!

But I want an automatic daily beater instead of the majority of tritium H3 quartz watch makers offerings. I'm going for a genuine BALL FIREMAN NIGHT TRAIN, plain, simple, boring, only 11 tall X 43 diameter but night readable for the truly "old man". Fireman_Night_Train.jpg

I thought I was done with replicas but seems the super-rep quality is starting to peak my interest again and I'm seeing some that I might like to try. Still have my one rep., the HBB from the first Angus offerings last year and it is still working perfectly.

Since I got a gen Seamaster I've been interested in getting myself a chronograph.

My first choice is (and always will be) the daytona: here is a picture taken from Eurotimez website:

web_DSC02260.jpg

Thought I'd get one in leather as the ss straps feel heavier and hotter in an Indian summer (temperature up to 50c!) the only thing that makes me nervous is the problems I've heard about the seconds at 6. Still in my wilder moments feel like I should just go ahead and take the plunge - what the hell - it's a rep, right?

my only other reservation is the remarkable number of terrible cheap fake daytonas available on the streets everywhere in Mumbai - hypocritically perhaps, but I feel it would "reduce" the "value" of the rep. :lol:

So the quest for the great summer chrono continues.

Next I turned my affections to the BCE - again on a leather strap as I find the ss one too bling. Here's a picture from eurotimez again:

web_breitling_evo_gr_164.jpg

or maybe the blue dial? But i'm actually really conflicted between this and the blackbird:

web_DSC01505.jpg

My only worry is the fact that the double ar attracts fingerprints and scratches like nothing else... This watch will be a daily beater - to wear onto the sets while I'm shooting - so it will go through hell. Which is precisely why I can't take my gen seamaster with me! ^_^

DSC02096.jpg

then i found this, which is supposed to be a "tank" -

P163SW01.jpg

not quite as accurate to the gen (missing datewheel)

not quite as flashy as the BCE or BB

but love the whimsical nature of the chrono buttons and the venus handwind movement and the display case back - a nice watch that reveals its secrets slowly...

So what do you guys think? help me spend my money this summer? :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Unless the BP shows up unexpectedly, I won't buy any watches in the next couple of months.

@By-Tor: when I compared my brushed Link Chrono with a gen at the AD window it occured to me that not only the pushers have a different shape/size and the crown has too few teeth, also the bezel is too big. Maybe it's modelled after an older version of the gen I'm unaware of.............

Nevertheless it's still a gorgeous watch.

Also mine was sold as a high beat 7750, but The Zigmeister found out it wasn't. Seems that most TAG Links these days only have low beat movements.

traveling to dubai in june, i'll try and pick a breitling skyland blacksteel, cant believe this has not been repped yet

with regards to reps: after seeing sql_pl's old case 196, i'm after one of these now, will try and get it over the summer

Well i bought my first higher end gen this week an white explorer 2 ... cant wait to get it ;)

as delta mentioned i don't really urge any other pieces now one reason for sure is that im skinned :) but still my enthusiasm for i need the new watch has gone down recently ...

This might as well change when the explorer arrives and my cash flow improves ... till then i try not to check new stuff to much ...

laz

gen big pilot if still theres no decent rep till 2009 (yeah so much money i know but.. me :notworthy::cc_hang: for big pilot)

or

gen pam111

daytona

blackbird

pam111

and im looking for a slick and plain looking moonphase watch, but EU dealers doesnt seem to have them i.e. asian pateks

like this

20070405144724bq0.jpg

20070405144724bq0.c09708ce95.jpg