When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Okay, who wants to write a small description of this one?

By-Tor

I've been too busy to follow any discussions about the new Hour Vision, and this watch should be added to the Omega Guide.

Who could help and write a brief description of its flaws and good points? Credit, of course, will be given to the author. The price is quite high at $398... I recall there was some talk about it.

1.jpg

http://www.pc-80108.com/omde01001-hour-vis...836-p-4473.html

Thanks. :)

I have absolutely no idea, either. According to description it has the standard ETA 2836 inside.

Here's much more reasonably priced Asian version. Probably the same base watch?

http://www.pc-80108.com/omde10027-hour-vis...813-p-3313.html

Yeah good luck selling that one... especially when the Asian version costs $120.

But does anyone know if the rep is accurate or not? I want to update the Guide.

Not too sure about accuracy, but spending close to $500 for a basic rep (I wouldn't classify this as a super-rep) is insane - IMHO. I have seen the asian models even cheaper (WBK) and the Swiss around the $400-$500 mark (I beleive one of the dealers on RG had it).

I've been too busy to follow any discussions about the new Hour Vision, and this watch should be added to the Omega Guide.

Who could help and write a brief description of its flaws and good points? Credit, of course, will be given to the author. The price is quite high at $398... I recall there was some talk about it.

I would love to do the research on it and photograph it...but to be honest, I'm not fond enough of the design to actually buy it...and certainly not at close to $400. For that price...Lanikai's Ebel is looking tasty.

I know, another dealer has one over $500. Not sure how, with a standard ETA 2836. the price is justified :huh:

Last summer (OK it's almost one year ago) I paid my gen Tissot PRS-516 something like 260-280 dollars, new (and probably serviced), with this movement inside.

Currently you find these between 300 and 350.

I can't see any good reason why this Omega costs so much, especially that :

- we're never sure it's not a clone ETA

- if it's a gen 2836, we don't know if it's used or surplus

When the same case has both movements available (Asia or ETA), I have learnt with success to go to the Asia movement.

398 is too high and 500 is a scam.

Don't buy it, its price will decrease. <_<