When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Received a phone call from my Rolex AD

Stephane

Just don't anyone complain about The Zigmeister's prices after seeing this, it's just shows how lucky we are to have him.

Ken

That damned The Zigmeister, keeping his prices so low he is always booked out! :D

I saw rolex prices and 93250 in CONUS was 950$ 1 month ago.

Here in Italy for a service they charge 400 EUR too, but the worst thing its that if you want i.e the crystal to be replaced, or the dial swapped etc.., they have to service the whole watch.

You cannot just buy or replace spare parts.

That damned Ziggy, keeping his prices so low he is always booked out! :D

Agreed!!!

But I couldn't send my watch to Canada ...so I still hope he will move to Paris soon...

For a steel bracelet? Hmm... that's reasonable. :D

Indeed, for a steel bracelet fitting a dinosaure wrist :lol:

I wonder if the 93160 is more expensive than the 93250 Sub bracelet. My AD charged me 590.00 pounds for a complete 93250 band.

Well, it's in the same range. So, I'll keep my rep ones just in case I need a new bracelet for a gen Rolex :o

I saw rolex prices and 93250 in CONUS was 950$ 1 month ago.

Here in Italy for a service they charge 400 EUR too, but the worst thing its that if you want i.e the crystal to be replaced, or the dial swapped etc.., they have to service the whole watch.

You cannot just buy or replace spare parts.

Here in Belgium, when you ask for a service and tell them "pls do not polish it" they look at you like if you're insane ...

So, I called them back to say ok for the service (and NO for the bracelet) and the girl remembered my request "oh, yes Sir, we'll try to not polish it ..."

I guess it will come back fully polished though :(

Anyway, if I had to keep only 1 watch, it would be the 16600...so a very expensive service @Rolex seems like an investment for the next 10 years.

Agreed!!!

But I couldn't send my watch to Canada ...so I still hope he will move to Paris soon...

You wash your mouth out with soap, and go to your room Stephane...them's fightin' words!!

:)

Yup...AD servicing is brutal...but...but...why can't my $5 rep bracelet feel like the $950 gen???? >insert whining<

Just don't anyone complain about The Zigmeister's prices after seeing this, it's just shows how lucky we are to have him.

Ken

So who has complained? Besides, I (and I am sure many others) have more confidence in The Zigmeister's service than just about anyone elses.

Heck, my father just had his Rolex serviced by an AD. I tried to dissuade him, but it was already too late.

I have a president and since I bought it 4 years ago it has never been more accurate than 10 minutes a month and has been back to Rolex 6 times for calibrating and resetting. So it seems that AD servicing is a scam at the money. In desperation I took it to a guy in Bangkok who sells loads of genuine rolex bits and repairs them cost me $60 for a full case polish/service and timing now runs at to within 3 minutes a month!

My local AD does the servicing in house using a qualified Rolex technician. I had to find my bill but I had my Sub serviced in 2006 and it cost 175 pounds including the bracelet refinishing and the case polished only where it should be.

He also told me that some people in the trade were no happy with the refinshing work from Rolex BexleyUK and standards have certainly slipped there.

... and the girl remembered my request "oh, yes Sir, we'll try to not polish it ..."

I guess it will come back fully polished though :(

Thats hilarous.. "we'll try" not to polish it... we'll really really really really really try not too.. BUT it might just happen...

And yeah those prices are very reasonable :blink: ... especially the bracelet.. whats that in USA$? Like $1500? lol

dizz