When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm wondering too...regulars who don't contribute bucks

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"You've just made me change my thoughts from "may contribute" to "will not.""

Someone else probably just changed his thoughts from "may help" to "will not".

"Not true. When I click on the upgrade button and the link to pay with credit card, I have to agree to setup a reoccurring payment. I won't do that. Especially with the way the USD has been performing lately. Who's to say the 30 euro won't be worth 100, or 200, or a bizillion USD in a year."

If you are paying via PP you can subscribe, pay once and right after the transfer you can unsubscribe so that no further automatic payments are made. When your upgrade runs out you just do it all over again..

"Not true. When I click on the upgrade button and the link to pay with credit card, I have to agree to setup a reoccurring payment. I won't do that. Especially with the way the USD has been performing lately. Who's to say the 30 euro won't be worth 100, or 200, or a bizillion USD in a year."

If you are paying via PP you can subscribe, pay once and right after the transfer you can unsubscribe so that no further automatic payments are made. When your upgrade runs out you just do it all over again..

Holy Crap.....I just went into my PP account and saw that the repeat pay was cancelled 2 months ago...Just went into the CC payment login and reupped for another 6 months. Jeeze...I'm glad I looked!

Tom,

I thought PP wasn't an option. I am considering opening a moneybrokers account, but if I can use PayPal, I won't bother.

Can someone please confirm that PayPal is a valid option?

Thanks,

Mike

If Rolex were to make a Shackdweller, they would name an edition after me.

:rofl: Oh man, I think I burst a vein in my neck laughing at that. Shackdweller! It would be a tudor model of course. If I was better at photoshop i'd have a play on this!

PP account frozen....????that's serious sh*&^*%&t so moneybookers is the only option left?

Have to do some reading about this, I love Paypal

PP account frozen....????that's serious sh*&^*%&t so moneybookers is the only option left?

Have to do some reading about this, I love Paypal

You can pay with a CC following the upgrade link.

The ad mods work really well :lol: Aww... You shouldn't give the answer Corgi. That way more people won't donate :lol:

But someone said that donating doesn't get rid of the ads anyway - that's why Corgi was posting that I thought...

But someone said that donating doesn't get rid of the ads anyway - that's why Corgi was posting that I thought...

It was a bug that the Admin has just fixed....no ads for supporters anymore.

Ken

I know these ads are bringing a lot to the forum (Admin said it once), but I feel uncomfortable having regular links to Exactreplicas or others, whereas they don't comply with what we expect from dealers here. Sorry to have to say that.

I'm sorry, but when have I said that? The ads generate about $2 a day and personally I don't concider that a lot. And yes, it is unfortunate that replica websites are allowed to advertise through Google. I try the best I can to add them to the google ad filter, so that they do not show. Unfortunately there are a lot of them and when I add 10, 10 more show up....

Just gonna add a couple of more thing right now, as I'm off to bed. (I'll post more tomorrow)

Long time members can always contact me for alternative payment methods ;)

The credit card payments are recurring. If you prefer to stop the recurring payment, just contact me with your payment ID or e-mail you used when you paid and I will stop it. If you forget this and get charged, just contact me, again with payment ID or e-mail used, and I will immediately refund your payment, if you wish.

Did I misunderstand you ?

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=49526

A lot is maybe not the right word :)

Yes Pix I'm afraid you did misunderstand the Admin, the ads that gave us a certain amount of revenue were the dating ads (not liked by many members) but we decided to run with them because of the clicks they were getting, unfortunately those clicks dried up when the novelty wore out.

The Google ads have always been a very low source of revenue but some bucks is better than no bucks.

Ken

I would recommend an option of donating any amount you want and amounts below the current minimum would not give you "supporter" status. I don't care about the supporter tag or the upgrades but would donate something if I could give less than the amount currently listed...

That would be a nice way to increase donations because I am not the only one in the thread that has mentioned this issue. Others are probably too shy to admit that they would donate if they could give less. And the people who want the upgrades will still want them and be willing to pay for them...

Banners/ Ads/ advertising blurb,

I could not care less about it , if the whole page was covered in this $hit.

I simply don`t even LOOK at it and absorb the information I am here for.

Some people have told me that the ticking of a clock annoys them, traffic noise annoys them, people annoy them.

OMG.

Get busy and turn off, to these minor irritations, and have a good look at just what you have got here.

I would recommend an option of donating any amount you want and amounts below the current minimum would not give you "supporter" status. I don't care about the supporter tag or the upgrades but would donate something if I could give less than the amount currently listed...

That would be a nice way to increase donations because I am not the only one in the thread that has mentioned this issue. Others are probably too shy to admit that they would donate if they could give less. And the people who want the upgrades will still want them and be willing to pay for them...

Unfortunately, that is not an option, as things are today. We got three paypal-accounts closed last year because PP for some reason doesnt alow this kind of site to receive payments through their system. If we were able to publicly accept PP, it would be easu to just add a box where people could type in the amound and click a donate button. Unfortunately, the credit card system we use today, doesn't allow this. But as I have mentioned before; Feel free to contact me for alternative ways of paying. This also includes donations.

Unfortunately, that is not an option, as things are today. We got three paypal-accounts closed last year because PP for some reason doesnt alow this kind of site to receive payments through their system. If we were able to publicly accept PP, it would be easu to just add a box where people could type in the amound and click a donate button. Unfortunately, the credit card system we use today, doesn't allow this. But as I have mentioned before; Feel free to contact me for alternative ways of paying. This also includes donations.

It's a shame because that certainly was a more flexible system. I believe I initially had my contributions set up as a $5/month recurring charge which seemed pretty reasonable...people spend 5 bucks on a pack of cigarettes these days.

As I stated, I was unaware of the changed status of my account until the discussion here prompted me to look. Starting this thread was worth at least that!

I don't own a CC and was just too lazy to look into the the whole MoneyBoogers thing. But, I just signed up and am transferring funds to my account. I love this place with all my heart. I spend more time here than with my GF LOL. So it's well worth the money IMO! Thanks for waking me up ;)

Edited by Rolexman

I don't own a CC and was just too lazy to look into the the whole MoneyBoogers thing. But, I just signed up and am transferring funds to my account. I love this place with all my heart. I spend more time here than with my GF LOL. So it's well worth the money IMO! Thanks for waking me up ;)

:clap: