When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New GMT Ceramic is Here!

subzero1

maybe the price is because its a grade 1 swiss with 27jewel italian movement :D

they upgraded the vespa movement to 31j since last yr didnt u know that? :p.. check the site again.. i swear it says 31 jewels.. i go back to that site sometimes to check out retail price of watches.. as they seem to have complete guide :p

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are insured for 200usd -/+ for steel models inside factory, dont ask me how i know this :rolleyes:

Really? That sounds a bit too low because of the relatively high labour costs there... anyhow rolex modells are highly overpriced and I never could understand why. Very good marketing indeed... I read that article regarding the new ceramic bezel watch. They figured out how to design a new clasp and a new bezel. Wonderful! :lol:

Same qualifications as you,

I just have a Forum's blabla Licence, I am a Barbie doll and plastic fake watches collector,

Are you yourself graduated from a Rep Watches Sciences University ? witch one ?

:lol:

A hobby is a hobby. Don't need qualifications for a hobby. A hobby is just fun.

hehehe. He does have his point.

1. exclusivity

2. premium

3. time relationship to quality

rolex control the supply demand curve and they are dame good marketers. Bit like Panerai of late.

How would we think of a Rolex GMT watch if they say they can produce 10,000 of them in an hour. hehehe.

Well, after all, Rolex just seems to be exclusive, as a matter of fact they sell 800.000+ watches p.a.! They surely have a premium position on the market but the product is for the price not that premium, is it? I mean, basically you buy a "Volkswagen" for the price of a "BMW". No question, most of the Rolex watches tend to be reliable but it

It would be really interesting to ask an owner of this rep to check something on this rep that it seems to be ignored by the comments of this thread , and that is the '' ceramic effect'' . ''How real ceramic'' the bezel looks ? Ok, everyone will comment on the date alignment, the crown guards, etc etc....but hey, this is the first attempt to rep a ceramic rlx!!! A very good case but with a cheap imitation of the ceramic bezel would look ridiculous ... so why don't we start from this? The crown comments can wait:P After all .... i think this should be a major test for the capability of the factories to rep ceramic rolxs as new rlx reps will eventually come in the future : the ceramic sub, deep sea, and so on...

As mentioned before, what we should be asking is........

Does the replica bezel scratch easily?

I mean who cares about font and thickeness etc...... As soon as it pics up a single scratch, thats the end of that, it will be spotted as replica easily.....

So who has ordered it and is going to do a scratch test? :p

If it is scratch resistant, I may pick one up from the next batch :lol:

Well, now it seems that the thread is getting a more interesting direction imho .... The ceramic bezel is the first issue!!!

A scratch test? :D well... i dont think it is necassary.. Can the dealers assure us that it is coted with real ceramic? Does it have the mirror effect as the real ceramic bezels?

As mentioned before, what we should be asking is........

Does the replica bezel scratch easily?

I mean who cares about font and thickeness etc...... As soon as it pics up a single scratch, thats the end of that, it will be spotted as replica easily.....

I agree 100%. Accuracy is irrelevant if it looks cheap. If I spend any more than 50$ on a watch, I had better not have to worry about it scratching or not keeping time. Otherwise I'll just keep wearing my sport watches to work...

I agree 100%. Accuracy is irrelevant if it looks cheap. If I spend any more than 50$ on a watch, I had better not have to worry about it scratching or not keeping time. Otherwise I'll just keep wearing my sport watches to work...

Is that $50 a typo? :p

Although the accuracy of this replica is actually very good really (we are all spoilt and way too anal ;) ), it will all be ruined if the bezel picks up scratches easily, as the gen does not scratch at all....

So in my opinion, everything else is secondary, if you can't wear the watch because of bezel scratches.....

Cheers! B)

What <_< ..you want me to WHAT ?? :huh:

no way am I testing my bezel to see if it scratches -_- ... MP i only do so much for the cause..

OK..OK.. :rolleyes: .. I'll run a dry Q-tip over it ... very rough .. B)

No worries, I doubt anyone will want to ;)

I feel after a few weeks we should find out anyway :p

No worries, I doubt anyone will want to ;)

I feel after a few weeks we should find out anyway :p

Mickey.. ahhh.. i was joking .. btw ...

even the genuine owners are afraid that the genuine bezel will scratch.. but they are reporting no problems so far... they even feared it may chip... but after wearing it a couple of weeks they say no worries..

if no one else has it for pics .. i'll post after the gym today.. if pics are already posted.. then i can enjoy the lakers victory into the final vs. hopefully Baaaston !!

Mickey.. ahhh.. i was joking .. btw ...

even the genuine owners are afraid that the genuine bezel will scratch.. but they are reporting no problems so far... they even feared it may chip... but after wearing it a couple of weeks they say no worries..

if no one else has it for pics .. i'll post after the gym today.. if pics are already posted.. then i can enjoy the lakers victory into the final vs. hopefully Baaaston !!

Hehe, I know you were joking, I just googled "Q-tip" :p:D

You have the watch already? I thought we were still waiting for peeps to receive the first batch? :o

*Waits patiently for an update/review* <_<