When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New GMT Ceramic is Here!

subzero1

here is the genuine.. cyclops.. you can not really discern from this pic but the motive is they AR'd the underside of the mag so you can view the date font from a 45 degree angle instead of having to turn your wrist.. IMO they are not AR'ing the entire crystal to keep "tradition" (for lack of a better word) or to stand alone from the others in the AR trend..

sorry .. wanted to be real in the size :lol:

cyclopskp8.jpg

Mickey Padge Posted Today, 11:48 AM

What gets me is that rolexadict seems to have been a member since Oct 2007, why wait all that time and then crap on other members and moderators with your first post?

this is exactly what has been on my mind .. why should I take the time .. most of the day .. to take pics .. do a little research.. go to the AD .. to view the genuine.. when i post a thread that will get crapped on and used for target practice.. usually by members who

"announce" they will not get it .. sheesh .. or members who never take the "time" to do anything else..

poor parenting when they were kids.. :rolleyes: .. little or no manners.. etc... sorry just venting..

Stephane Posted Today, 11:50 AM

PS: it is a compliment L

thank you S... I'll share "taking one for the team"... if you'll mentor "kissing up".... :D

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we are being way way too critical. The pics from Joshes site are terrible..black and white and blurry that show NONE of this reps sheen and we are comparing these against perfect color pics of the gen. I say it looks fantastic at this stage. The only real fault may be that the numbers on the insert are a bit thick but I will bet you that once we see color PERFECT pictures this difference will not be as pronounced. If you remember the very first pics of the z series sub with the engraved rehaut it looked terrible...just jumped out at you. In actuality though the engraving on the rehaut is not very noticable at all. I think in the end the faults we are seeing on this watch now will be minimal in real life.

@perry: I think you're right.

Yes, this watch has flaws of course but unlike the SSD the case and rehaut look fundamentally correct this time. Maybe it's just me but I don't see it being too "wokky". Well maybe it is a little.

Just discussed with Eurotimez recently and he also said that the engraving on the MBWs is almost invisible to the naked eye.

Here's better shot of the rehaut (from Trusty's site)

007c0679e638a9e4fb389c9a86d9b010.image.750x497.JPG

If I had waited for this watch I wouldn't be too disappointed. It's a nice rep.

The big question is.....do we buy this rep NOW or wait until all the bugs are worked out? I think I am waiting although its going to be tough doing so. The other side of the coin is that I am spending big bucks getting all my present subs and SSD modded. Dont have the $ to spend right now!

I have a gen GMTIIc.. if someone wants to me send their rep I would be happy to take side by side pics and post them with comments and then ship you back your rep... I'm in Texas..

Hey Mac...

Why don't you send me your Gen and I'll take the pictures...

Just remember, I'm not good at taking Watch pictures, so the learning curve might take me a year or so...

PM me for my address...

Oh, I don't have the rep either, so could you send that along as well...

:lol:

Double T

PS: Where in Texas are you? I'll be there next week...

Nice but I will wait for the next version, did I understand that the description was changed after the ceramicness was questioned? Sounds a bit naughty, like "oh sh1te, I've been found out better update that" type of thing? No, Im sure it was coincidence.

Hey Chrono,

I think the update you're referring to was this: The description of the watch was added to the Josh and Andrew's sites which were 'pics only' for a short time. (still not sure why) The sales page for the watch was just pics and a price of 888,888 for a little while. It wasn't updated that one description was updated/changed to another in response to this forum. I think that's what you were asking.

Newd

here is the genuine.. cyclops.. you can not really discern from this pic but the motive is they AR'd the underside of the mag so you can view the date font from a 45 degree angle instead of having to turn your wrist.. IMO they are not AR'ing the entire crystal to keep "tradition" (for lack of a better word) or to stand alone from the others in the AR trend..

sorry .. wanted to be real in the size :lol:

cyclopskp8.jpg

this is exactly what has been on my mind .. why should I take the time .. most of the day .. to take pics .. do a little research.. go to the AD .. to view the genuine.. when i post a thread that will get crapped on and used for target practice.. usually by members who

"announce" they will not get it .. sheesh .. or members who never take the "time" to do anything else..

poor parenting when they were kids.. :rolleyes: .. little or no manners.. etc... sorry just venting..

thank you S... I'll share "taking one for the team"... if you'll mentor "kissing up".... :D

@ MP, Lani, Stephane

I thought rolexaddick's post was unbelievable as well. In reading your F/U posts I hope that I have never come off as such. I was pretty cluless when I first joined the forum as well. For what it's worth, I have been planning to contribute financially very soon; I'm in the middle of a move right now. Thanks for all the great info here.

Will post similar apology in GenDiscussion

@ Lani

Actual size pic of datefont---really funny

Hope all had a good Memorial Day

--NewDude

I don't get it. they said it is made 1:1 from the gen but the bezel font is so obvious and they screwed it up?

I doubt some 9 year old in the basement of a world of warcraft gold farming house can replicate that bezel.

"Puk, can you grab the platinum for the atomic bombardment machine, Xie xie."

Ah! yes,

you need a omni-present worldwide forum's guru to tell you what you have to buy, :lol:

Are you adult or what ? :lol:

Buy it, $388,00 is nothing, just stop to give non necessary tips around you -gas station, restaurant, etc... - you will collect the money very fast to buy this watch

if not sure, buy the gen, see your banker and sign for a new credit line. Easy as 1+1=2

WTF ! how about hello i am ect, what are your qualifications in this hobby?

Yup. I think "Rolexaddict" might actually be a "Crackaddict". It appears to be bad manners, but it could have been done very tongue in cheek...after all, they did use smilies. :)

On another note...I am eagerly awaiting the Lani review...always a treat to read from the man who's first out of the blocks.

I call Lanikai the Chuck Yeager of the rep world...first to pull the trigger and sit in the driver's seat. :)

Guest rolexadict

Same qualifications as you,

I just have a Forum's blabla Licence, I am a Barbie doll and plastic fake watches collector,

Are you yourself graduated from a Rep Watches Sciences University ? witch one ?

:lol:

A hobby is a hobby. Don't need qualifications for a hobby. A hobby is just fun.