When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New GMT Ceramic is Here!

subzero1

this rep actually looks pretty good with minor flaws that could only be seen with a side by side comparison of longer than 10seconds. its biggest difference in judging by the pictures alone (so i could be wrong) is that the gen seems to be polished almost everywear and the rep seems flat.

with a long side by side, youll notice the crown gaurds are diff, the font on the bezel is a bit thicker, and a few other minor things. but all and all it seems like a very decent looking reproduction.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another quick comparison shot I made. The gen crown guards are actually very fat, so they're not too much off on the rep (if you take the different photo angle in consideration).

pictureup7xu8.jpg

Yeah, the only things I see are the slightly too thick bezel numbers and the slightly too thick metal rings around the hour markers. I figure I'll just do a bezel and dial swap when/if this gets addressed. In the meantime I'll be wearing a still-pretty-bad-[censored]-rep of the GMT-II-Ceramic. For the level of out of box accuracy I think the price is very reasonable. Of course I'm also the guy that owned 4 ultimate HBB's at one point :D

I will be the first to admit I am no Rolex expert, however in talking about thick bezel numbers, it is vital to remember that these pictures are much larger than the watch itself (this isn't aimed at anyone, but just a general observation). Therefore the difference in thickness is emphasised by the pictures. I remember seeing pictures of Panerai 111/005's and then ordering my first. The watch proportions look so much different in the flesh than in the pictures. This is a very good replica - I still believe the price is very high though!

Same qualifications as you,

I just have a Forum's blabla Licence, I am a Barbie doll and plastic fake watches collector,

Are you yourself graduated from a Rep Watches Sciences University ? witch one ?

:lol:

A hobby is a hobby. Don't need qualifications for a hobby. A hobby is just fun.

Oh boy.

I will be the first to admit I am no Rolex expert, however in talking about thick bezel numbers, it is vital to remember that these pictures are much larger than the watch itself (this isn't aimed at anyone, but just a general observation). Therefore the difference in thickness is emphasised by the pictures. I remember seeing pictures of Panerai 111/005's and then ordering my first. The watch proportions look so much different in the flesh than in the pictures. This is a very good replica - I still believe the price is very high though!

Very good point. The pictures on my 22" screen are much larger than the actual 44mm watch. The flaws are magnified 5 or 10 X. I think this will be very nice in person.

I gotta pull some money out of my pokerstars account and buy some watches!!!

Yeah Lani... where is it... why is the review taking so long? :D

:lol: .... :rolleyes: ... :lol: ... <_<

ha...ha... well, it's in Hawaii but today being a National Holiday... it will sit in the federal institution called a Post Office until tomorrow.. then since it has been a long weekend and postal workers can work at their own pace.. hopefully i will get it tomorrow.. but it may be late in the PM due to the backup..

then i still have to get to the AD .. (this one I can go to).. to view and feel the genuine ... I am in the process of installing a DT that has been on roids.. so all said and done.. "soon" :lol:

I wonder if a gen bezel insert would fit? I don't think modding a ceramic insert is going to be easy.

Aside from the bezel insert, looks like a fairly good rep.

It takes Rolex (by their own account.. weather it be just a marketing ploy) .. 40 man hours to produce the ceramic bezel inset .. hard to imagine.. to me it sounds like PR marketing.. but with this said could you imagine the price of such an item ?? one senoir member (not as active anymore) emailed me as a side bar.. to say that it will be available ala-carte ... the "old" ceramic is rocket science ploy.. :rolleyes:

Well I just confirmed an order for a RLX GMT iic.

I have two newbie-subLVs that get zero wrist time basically due to their size. Their 40mm seem too small and light after wearing 44-47 all the time. I think that even Rolex has identified this, and is/will be coming out with a few 42+ models. Their 'sports' line is too small for todays standards.. I was reading in TZ a few guys saying that everybody thought the 'big watch thing' was a fad and it would pass.. Well, they admit they were wrong, and now even RLX is sizing up..

The thing is that WHEN they start selling these newly sized models, it will take a few good months/quarters to reach the current rep perfection level.. I wanted a solid rolex that can grow on me, accompany me as a business travel watch (GMT for me and a SS RLX for coworkers that would be shocked/bored by seeing a HBB RG PC under my cuff) and take the summer activities (sea and snorkeling) as if it was designed for it. On top of that I admit I am a sucker for ceramic :p

All in all, I am already waiting for my tracking number so I can ask my chief programmer to plug it in a script that will check the EMS site every 5 minutes for updates.. This is extremely useful since I do get to sleep for a good 5 hours a day, and hate losing control of pending issues for such a long period :p

PS: Added two watches to the package in order to maximize the return on shipping: a gift for my mother (always The best cause if You have no kids yet) and a Corum AC Competition RGold (to check if I am immune to all RG or just to Hublot's AND get some pictures of this updated watch to the forum...waited a week+ but didn't find anyone reporting on it..nuff reason :p )

Very good point. The pictures on my 22" screen are much larger than the actual 44mm watch. The flaws are magnified 5 or 10 X. I think this will be very nice in person.

I gotta pull some money out of my pokerstars account and buy some watches!!!

Funny. I just came to this thread to ask this same question....

I heard the first batch is already sold out at Perfect Clones & Trustytime.

Now... the veteran rep buyers sit back and wait for the v2, with thick bezel numbers, wrong engraving and ALL OTHER FLAWS FIXED!!! :D

(in my dreams)

I just wear my modded Pepsi and be happy with it. :)

I heard the first batch is already sold out at Perfect Clones & Trustytime.

Now... the veteran rep buyers sit back and wait for the v2, with thick bezel numbers, wrong engraving and ALL OTHER FLAWS FIXED!!! :D

(in my dreams)

I just wear my modded Pepsi and be happy with it. :)

Well,.. if that's the case no sense in posting pics or comparisons.. we'll just wait for the crusty vets to do the leg work.. :lol:

that would be so funny if they started saying they were using the genuine ceramic bezel and then the price shoots up tp $1000+

Interested in finding the listing for the genuine ceramic inset.. rolex claims 40 man hours to manufacture a single piece.. :o

that would be so funny if they started saying they were using the genuine ceramic bezel and then the price shoots up tp $1000+

lol isnt that wat happened to the hbb? first batch was 600$ sold like a hot cake.. then 2nd batch came out the saying "the factory who made these "genuine" ceramic bezel has jacked the price up to 1000+) and there goes the HBB.. to the ppl that bought the ceramic congrats.. but i expect the 2nd batch to be like 800 :p

During the last 2,5 years I have ordered 3, 2893-2 modified with correct hand stack (was RX EXP IIs) ..... all three was send back.

Completely useless.

I guess if the watch is properly serviced and adjusted by a professional watchmaker could make a difference.

sorry to say so, but Ziggy just completely service my 2836 with GMT from my PAM63... when i got it back the GMT sometimes refuses or runs not in sync... so even servicing by Ziggy didn't do the job. These movements suck. Period!

I thought that I heard this watch had a 43mm case, not including the crown. Josh and Andrew's sites both say 40.5mm. Which is accurate?

it may be that the makers are not measuring from case to crown as is proper .. which rolex is doing.. i think the rep will be closer to 44 as the owners of the genuine model are reporting it to be..